AutoVoice Continuous issue

doc1987

Sep 26, 2013, 3:06:32 PM9/26/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I have a profile setup on my Nexus 7 (CM 10.1.3) where when it is plugged in it initiates Autovoice Continuous, so I can verbally tell it to pause, play, skip to next track, or skip to previous track. When this profile is activated the current music player (Play music, Pandora) randomly pauses and then plays the music. This behavior stops once I kill the autovoice task.

Does anyone know what is happening and how to fix it?

Brandon Horwath

Sep 26, 2013, 4:30:41 PM9/26/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com
It's a known issue with music played on device while using autovoice continuous.

Although, the developer stated AutoVoice continuous should disable automatically when music is played to avoid known errors and interruptions.
... so, I guess that it did not in your case is an error.

micha...@gmail.com

Sep 27, 2013, 9:37:01 AM9/27/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com

I ran into the same problem trying to build a fully voice-controlled car dock.  The AutoVoice developer told me that because of the way the OS handles voice recognition, the system will emit an annoying "beep" every time it checks to see if there is any input, which for Continuous is every few seconds.  To get around that he mutes all audio so the beep isn't heard.  Unfortunately, that includes the Media Stream.

It doesn't appear that there's any solution for this unless the OS changes.

doc1987

Sep 27, 2013, 9:40:11 AM9/27/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Well, That is unfortunate. I was really hoping to be able to have my music voice controlled while driving long distances in my car.

micha...@gmail.com

Sep 27, 2013, 10:42:57 AM9/27/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com

Yeah.  that was my hope too, but I also wanted to be able call up Torque, Maps, and other apps.

If you don't mind having to take your hand off the wheel, you could set up a couple of profiles that use the proximity sensor to control the music.

Mine is set to pause/play the music if I hold my hand up to the sensor for about a second.  If I make the motion faster than that, it causes the music player to skip to the next track if the music is playing, or to go back to the previous track if the music is paused.  Really works pretty well.

doc1987

Sep 27, 2013, 10:46:55 AM9/27/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com
How do you have that setup? I don't see an option in the proximity Sensor for time.

micha...@gmail.com

Sep 27, 2013, 11:07:37 AM9/27/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com

At the moment I can't get at the profiles, but as I recall, it used two.

One is triggered when the sensor is covered and sets a variable to 1.  Then there's a wait for one second before it sets the variable to 2.

The other profile is an inverted proximity sensor that triggers when the sensor is uncovered. It checks the variable, and if it equals 2, it just does a play/pause toggle.  If it equals 1, it then checks to see if %MTRACK is set.  If it is, the music is playing and it issues the next track command.  If it isn't it issues the previous track command twice (the first time only backs up to the beginning of the track), and then toggles play/pause again to get the music going. It also sets the variable back to 0.

Something like that anyway.  My actual profiles are a bit more complex because I also have "double click" to get to a menu screen, and an auto timeout that will switch applications if I just leave my hand in front of the sensor.

Hope that helps.

micha...@gmail.com

Sep 27, 2013, 1:52:42 PM9/27/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com

Forgot to mention a couple of things:

Go into the settings for the first (positive) proximity profile and set the launched tasks priority down a notch or two.

Then in the second (inverted) profile, make the first action in the entry task a stop that shuts down the task from the first profile.

If you don't do that, the first task will always run through all its steps and the variable will always be at maximum when you check it.

Sinan Ghareb

Sep 27, 2013, 4:16:34 PM9/27/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I was hoping the developer can somehow replace that beep sound with a blank sound. This way AutoVoice Continuous can work in the background all the time and also music will continue to play.
An ideal setup would be when you select the AutoVoice Continuous task; there would be a checkbox that says something like "Mute the voice recognition notification sound"

I really hope this would be possible, then AutoVoice will be a lot more useful. And will open up so many possibilities.

micha...@gmail.com

Sep 30, 2013, 9:30:14 AM9/30/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com

Yeah.  It would be nice if we could get something like that.  I also wondered if the beep goes out over all audio streams.  I'd be willing to mute everything else if we could just keep the media stream continuously active.

Sinan Ghareb

Sep 30, 2013, 3:03:49 PM9/30/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com

I did find it's no possible to mute it by itself, but replacing the beep with a blank audio would make it work I believe.

On Sep 30, 2013 7:30 AM, <micha...@gmail.com> wrote:

Yeah.  It would be nice if we could get something like that.  I also wondered if the beep goes out over all audio streams.  I'd be willing to mute everything else if we could just keep the media stream continuously active.

Brandon De Young

Apr 17, 2014, 1:58:32 PM4/17/14
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Hey Mike, I'm wondering if you can email me an XML of your profile explained above with the proximity sensor. It's hard for me to grasp some of the variable techniques in Tasker without seeing it.  If you can, my email is c...@deyoungproperties.com.

Thanks,

Brandon

Dan Shuck

Apr 17, 2014, 8:49:43 PM4/17/14
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I think if you uninstall the latest google search update the beep goes away, but the autovoice dialog box stay open for a few seconds after you stop speaking

Mike Wilson

Apr 25, 2014, 9:16:43 AM4/25/14
to tas...@googlegroups.com

Hello

That's on another device right now but I'll try to pull it off and get it to you. Glad to help if I can.

Mike

Matt Badke

Dec 5, 2016, 5:28:28 PM12/5/16
to Tasker
How did you set it up to only initiate continuous when plugged in? I've been trying to make it so it's only on continuous when I place it on my wireless charger but haven't been able to find an option.

Mike Wilson

Dec 6, 2016, 8:39:00 AM12/6/16
to Tasker
You should be able to do that with a State profile using Tasker's Power context.