Can't read from Google Calendar

Jason Williams

Sep 21, 2016, 2:26:28 PM9/21/16
to Tasker
Hello.

I have what I am sure is a very simple problem, but I can't figure it out.  On my old phone, I was able to setup a task to put my phone into vibrate mode when I was in a meeting.  I can't seem to get this to work on my new phone (Galaxy S6).  I can see my calendar and a lot of other calendars in the list when I go to setup the profile.  For the fields, I select my calendar (google:jwilliams@.....), location = * , description = * , available = No.    Tasker never shows this as an active profile.  It seems that with all the combinations I've tried, it just can't seem to read my calendar.  Maybe there's a permission problem somewhere?  Has anyone else experienced this?  Thanks!

Rich D

Sep 22, 2016, 5:33:39 AM9/22/16
to Tasker Google Groups Post

start with all the relevant suggestions here.

Tasker new doze settings power managment.

http://tasker.dinglisch.net/userguide/en/androidpowermanagement.html

Jason Williams

Sep 22, 2016, 9:06:57 AM9/22/16
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Hi.  I checked those settings, and everything was set properly.  Also, I should mention that I have other tasks that are working properly.

Jason Williams.
Assistant Director, Enterprise Technology Solutions
Adjunct Instructor, Information Technology
Anderson Hall 3011
O: 912-478-5913

Rich D

Sep 23, 2016, 10:06:19 PM9/23/16
to Tasker Google Groups Post

> Hi.  I checked those settings, and everything was set properly.  Also, I should mention that I have other tasks that are working properly.

Calendar event is working on my device. I have a pixel c tablet  /  Adroid 6.0.1  /  Tasker  Version: 4.8u5m

Have you tried the 'any' option for calendar selection?

Could you post your exported profile description?

To post your profile or task here...  Long press on the profile or task name / ( 3 dot menu with 4.0+ ) export / export "DESCRIPTION" to clipboard (not XML)

Any linked tasks will be exported with the profile they are linked to..

To be able to export, The beginner mode needs to be off and the profile needs to be named by you (Not the Tasker listed name.  Tasker will list your profile with the context name if you have not given it one).

Jason Williams

Sep 24, 2016, 10:48:13 AM9/24/16
to tas...@googlegroups.com

How do you do the any option for calendar selection.

Jason Williams.

Typed using a tiny keyboard.  Please excuse brevity and typos.

Jason Williams

Sep 24, 2016, 10:51:35 AM9/24/16
to tas...@googlegroups.com

Here's the export:

Profile: Busy Calendar (2)
State: Calendar Entry [ Title:Busy Calendar Location:* Description:* Available:No Calendar:Google:jwil...@georgiasouthern.edu/Google:jwil...@georgiasouthern.edu ]
Enter: Testing Task (7)
A1: Notify Sound [ Title:Notify Sound Text:Notify sound text Icon:null Number:4 Sound File:Android/media/com.google.android.talk/Ringtones/hangouts_incoming_call.ogg Priority:3 ]
A2: Popup [ Title:Title Text:Text Background Image: Layout:Popup Timeout (Seconds):5 Show Over Keyguard:On ]

Jason Williams.

Typed using a tiny keyboard.  Please excuse brevity and typos.

Rich D

Sep 25, 2016, 9:03:36 AM9/25/16
to Tasker Google Groups Post

> How do you do the any option for calendar selection.

You can not.

Sorry, my mistake.

Rich D

Sep 25, 2016, 9:08:45 AM9/25/16
to Tasker Google Groups Post

> State: Calendar Entry [ Title:Busy Calendar Location:* Description:* Available:No Calendar:Google:jwil...@georgiasouthern.edu/Google:jwil...@georgiasouthern.edu ]

Have you tried leaving the Title: filter blank ?

Jason Williams

Sep 25, 2016, 1:54:22 PM9/25/16
to tas...@googlegroups.com

I didn't think that was a filter.  I thought it was the name of the profile.   Changed it to blank.

Jason Williams

Sep 25, 2016, 2:14:16 PM9/25/16
to tas...@googlegroups.com

That totally worked.  Thanks for your help!