Automated restoration of Tasker backup data

Duck Redbeard

Jun 24, 2017, 5:00:05 AM6/24/17
to Tasker
My daily carry is heavily automated with Tasker (backup file is about 600k, about 100 named tasks, about 60 profiles, about 30 scenes).  I have FolderSync make a remote backup of my entire folder to my G Drive once each day.

I would like to have a secondary device do a FolderSync with G Drive to "import" that entire folder soon after the primary device uploads it.  The secondary device would then have an identical "Tasker" folder in device internal storage.  If I could get Tasker to run a task to restore the most recent auto backup (found in the Tasker>Configs>Auto folder), it would be awesome.  In the event of a lost or damaged device, I would be only one task from restoring my backup device to be exactly like my primary device's Tasker.

I know that this could be done with AutoInput emulating each touch, but is there a way Tasker can do this in one task?

John Doe

Jun 24, 2017, 5:28:49 AM6/24/17
to Tasker
It would be really worth. I add another detail: it would be really worth to trigger the backup using a task action instead of using just the auto backup.