Force recheck of profile context in task

Christian

Jan 18, 2017, 4:23:56 PM1/18/17
to Tasker
Hi,
I need to force Tasker to recheck if the conditions of a profile are met within a task. (Or an other idea how to achieve what i want :))

Here is the scenario: (reduced to a minimum for clarity)

I got a home automation server running that tracks my so called HomeStatus (Home/Away). This status is switched via tasker:
Location profile with entry task -> set home, exit task -> set away.
In addition i have door sensors connected. Now i want to send an alarm to my phone when a door is openend while i am way.
When i get home this alarm would be triggered every time because the phone still thinks i am not at home.

So instead i send a simple push message (via pushbullet) to my phone that executes a task. In this task i want to check if i am at home now. So i launch a "Get Location" action and would test if the home profile is active. But the location profile is not updated after that even if i wait for some seconds. It still says away until a few minutes have passed (the normal profile check cycle) or i turn on the display.
So is there any way to force tasker to check the location profile after the "Get Location" action?

Rich D

Jan 18, 2017, 5:38:39 PM1/18/17
to Tasker Google Groups Post
So is there any way to force tasker to check the location profile after the "Get Location" action?

To confirm you are home you can just test the lat lon you get from the  'get location' action against your home lat, lon.   There are a few algorithms on this group or on the web to find the distance between 2 sets of lat, lon. You can also do it the easy way and just trim off 1 decimal place of the lat and the lon and test if they match. This works for my purposes.

Rich D

Jan 18, 2017, 5:54:56 PM1/18/17
to Tasker Google Groups Post

Christian

Jan 19, 2017, 2:03:07 AM1/19/17
to Tasker
That sounds like a very good work around for my problem. Thank you very much!