Android 8.1 notification icon not hidden

2 399 peržiūros
Praleisti ir pereiti prie pirmo neskaityto pranešimo

Rob Monroe

neskaityta,
2017-12-05 21:37:482017-12-05
kam: Tasker
Hello,

I know it just came out today, but on Android 8.1 the notification icon does not hide, despite the setting in preferences. I looked to see if I could select a "blank" icon as with previous versions and I could not locate one.

I am using Pixel 2 XL Android 8.1.0.

Thanks Pent!

dgwood12

neskaityta,
2017-12-06 02:57:262017-12-06
kam: Tasker
Same issue here. Thanks for posting this. I'm sure Pent will have an easy fix for this in the next update.

joaomgcd

neskaityta,
2017-12-06 04:08:582017-12-06
kam: Tasker
That's an android bug. It has been reported to google. Check here.

g_prasant

neskaityta,
2017-12-11 13:45:202017-12-11
kam: Tasker
I was able to get around this by using the AutoNotification plugin. One of the standalone features of the app is to set notification categories for apps that don't support them. I was able to change Tasker notifications to low priority so I can still see the notification in the drawer, but no icon in the status bar.

The downside is that this affects all Tasker notifications. I use AutoNotification anyway, so this didn't bother me.

Hopefully Pent adds in notification category support for the monitor notification as well as regular notifications soon.

Pent

neskaityta,
2017-12-12 05:51:552017-12-12
kam: Tasker
Will look at the issue, thanks for mentioning.

Pent

Pent

neskaityta,
2017-12-13 04:47:522017-12-13
kam: Tasker
Joao, have you tried using a notification channel with 0 importance on the
perma-notification of an app that doesn't target Oreo ?

Pent

João Dias

neskaityta,
2017-12-13 05:54:302017-12-13
kam: tas...@googlegroups.com
Yeah. It's the same as creating a notification with -2 priority. The bug will remain. Beware though, if you create even 1 notification channel with Tasker you can't customize a lot of stuff about notifications.

For example:
  • you create a notification channel with sound 1
  • from then on, every notification posted to that channel will have sound 1 unless the user changes it manually in Android settings
This will lead to a situation where either you let the user select the notification channel manually when creating a notification in Tasker or the user can't customize notifications individually from Tasker

Pent

neskaityta,
2017-12-13 06:36:252017-12-13
kam: Tasker
OK, yes, I see now from the Google comment:

'If the importance of a channel is set to MIN or NONE, it will be bumped to LOW when a foreground notification is posted to it,'

Sounds like they don't see it as a bug :-(

Pent

Pent

neskaityta,
2017-12-13 06:37:542017-12-13
kam: Tasker
Would encourage everyone to go to the link Joao provided and star the issue
(top-left next to the issue number) to indicate interest to Google.

https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/69842394

Pent

João Dias

neskaityta,
2017-12-13 06:46:162017-12-13
kam: tas...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, hope they back down on this or else notification bars are going to be severely cluttered. You could create a notification channel for it and then the user could make it go away manually but then all the existing notification actions in Tasker would break...

--

Pent

neskaityta,
2017-12-13 07:16:402017-12-13
kam: Tasker
On Wednesday, 13 December 2017 12:46:16 UTC+1, joaomgcd wrote:
Yeah, hope they back down on this or else notification bars are going to be severely cluttered. You could create a notification channel for it and then the user could make it go away manually

Ah, then I have misunderstood somewhere, I thought you were saying in the issue tracker
that there was no option to set MIN. Guess I have to install 8.1 manually and try it out, shucks.

but then all the existing notification actions in Tasker would break...

Could send all other notifications the normal way without being affected surely ?

Have to admit, I havn't looked at these notification channels at all before.

Pent

João Dias

neskaityta,
2017-12-13 07:22:272017-12-13
kam: tas...@googlegroups.com

Could send all other notifications the normal way without being affected surely ?

Nope :P  As soon as you have even 1 notification channels then the app will start working ONLY with notification channels and standard single-configuration-notifications will not work anymore. All of the notifications that don't have an explicit channel will go to an automatically created one where the settings are also defined by the user.

It sucks and I've backed away from using channels in Join and AutoRemote because of this.

Pent

neskaityta,
2017-12-13 08:56:082017-12-13
kam: Tasker
OK, thanks again for the experimental info, saves me testing myself.

Pent

Pent

neskaityta,
2017-12-16 04:31:112017-12-16
kam: Tasker
So to sum, the problems for Tasker:

- if I implement a notification channel for the permanent notification, I have to also use them
for the Notify actions
- notification channels for the current Notify actions would not be configurable dynamically per-notification,
with different characteristics like sound level i.e. would not be as flexible and not backwards-compatible
- it's not even clear that a notification channel for the perma-notification will fix the problem, if I read what the Google
dev wrote correctly

There is the following workaround from another thread:

- Disable notifications for Tasker in Android settings.
- Reboot.
- Reenable notifications for Tasker in Android settings.

Someone has also told me:

- Disable notifications for Tasker in Android settings.
- Reenable notifications for Tasker in Android settings
- Reboot.

Which is easier, can anyone confirm that works also ?

The problem with the workaround is that it's getting around what the Google dev stated as the
intention, so will probably be fixed at some point.

Pent

John Doe

neskaityta,
2017-12-16 05:02:232017-12-16
kam: Tasker
1) if I implement a notification channel for the permanent notification, I have to also use them
for the Notify actions => No way. You can still use the per-notification configuration.
2) Using a notification channel doesn't fix the problem, but it's just a way for the user to configure the priority of specific notification
3) Yes, I can confirm the procedure, I didn't reboot the phone, just disabled Tasker and enable it again after I turned on and off the notifications from android settings for Tasker app.

Pent

neskaityta,
2017-12-16 10:03:122017-12-16
kam: Tasker
For the next update, I'll tip about the workaround and make it easy to get to the settings
screen to apply it.

Pent

Phil Klucher

neskaityta,
2017-12-18 13:15:232017-12-18
kam: Tasker
This worked for me. Havent had icon since.

- Disable notifications for Tasker in Android settings.
- Reboot.
- Reenable notifications for Tasker in Android settings.

- Check in Tasker settings that notification icon is not set.

John Doe

neskaityta,
2017-12-20 01:27:002017-12-20
kam: Tasker
Next year you need to use Oreo API in order to update the app on play store (new policy), so in my opinion it would be worth to start thinking to notification channels and Tasker 6.0 :P
Pranešimas ištrintas

Christopher Cote

neskaityta,
2018-01-09 19:37:292018-01-09
kam: Tasker
I have been chasing my tail on this for a few days after I decided to switch from the paid offline version to the Google Play version.

The fix for me was to:
Disable notifications for Tasker in Android App Notification Settings.
Disabled Tasker
Change options to forground, no notification icon.
Enable Tasker
Enable notifications for Tasker in Android App Notification Settings.

I did NOT reboot.

Duck Redbeard

neskaityta,
2018-02-03 22:34:072018-02-03
kam: Tasker
This also worked for me.  I did have to cycle "Run in Foreground" after enabling notifications for Tasker in Android App notification Settings step.

Matej Drobnič

neskaityta,
2018-02-18 12:24:372018-02-18
kam: Tasker
Wait, doesn't API 26 force you to use channels on all notifications?

joaomgcd

neskaityta,
2018-02-19 04:34:152018-02-19
kam: Tasker
Only if the app targets API 26

Matej Drobnič

neskaityta,
2018-02-19 05:11:322018-02-19
kam: Tasker

João Dias

neskaityta,
2018-02-19 05:13:092018-02-19
kam: tas...@googlegroups.com
Yep, that's correct.

--

Pent

neskaityta,
2018-03-02 06:20:392018-03-02
kam: Tasker
Depends what you think of as soon, November = 9 months.

Pent

Matej Drobnič

neskaityta,
2018-03-03 04:49:452018-03-03
kam: Tasker
Well, it is soon enough to make it impractical to start implementing feature/workaround that you know will stop working in 9 months.

Jorge Name

neskaityta,
2018-03-05 18:37:212018-03-05
kam: Tasker
Uncheck "Run in foreground", for me that worked and tasker tasks run like normal...

Sebastian Zappe

neskaityta,
2018-05-11 07:55:232018-05-11
kam: Tasker
Same problem here with my Xiaomi Redmi 5 and Android 7.1.2

When I try to hide the notification icon, by selecting the empty icon, it's not there.
It's the same cause as with Android 8.1?

Thanks and kind regards! :-)

Am Mittwoch, 6. Dezember 2017 03:37:48 UTC+1 schrieb Rob Monroe:
Hello,

I know it just came out today, but on Android 8.1 the notification icon does not hide, despite the setting in preferences. I looked to see if I could select a "blank" icon as with previous versions and I could not locate one.

I am using Pixel 2 XL Android 8.1.0.

Thanks Pent!

João Dias

neskaityta,
2018-05-11 07:58:132018-05-11
kam: tas...@googlegroups.com
There's an option in settings to hide the icon. Did you try that?

Sebastian Zappe

neskaityta,
2018-05-11 09:00:082018-05-11
kam: Tasker
Yup, I tried this.

You need to switch the standard flash icon to a blank one. Should be the first icon. But this blank icon is not there.

In the notification bar is always the standard tasker app icon. This even doesn't look like the one, chosen in the settings (grey) it's colored.

Christophe

neskaityta,
2018-06-07 17:42:482018-06-07
kam: Tasker
Hi,
It seems that the workaround to hide Tasker icon doesn't work anymore on Android P DP3

João Dias

neskaityta,
2018-06-08 05:08:192018-06-08
kam: tas...@googlegroups.com
Let's hope it works in the final version.. :P

On Thu, Jun 7, 2018 at 10:42 PM Christophe <cge.a...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,
It seems that the workaround to hide Tasker icon doesn't work anymore on Android P DP3

Christophe

neskaityta,
2018-06-08 11:53:302018-06-08
kam: Tasker
Hi Joao,
Whats do you mean, final Tasker version or final Android P ?
Christophe

João Dias

neskaityta,
2018-06-08 12:15:242018-06-08
kam: tas...@googlegroups.com
Final Android P....

Pranešimas ištrintas

Shields

neskaityta,
2018-09-03 20:53:122018-09-03
kam: Tasker
So this hasn't been fixed?

-Pixel 2XL Android 9

João Dias

neskaityta,
2018-09-10 10:01:522018-09-10
kam: tas...@googlegroups.com
There's nothing to fix, it's just how it works. Long-Press the notification -> Minimize.

On Tue, Sep 4, 2018 at 1:53 AM Shields <stephen...@gmail.com> wrote:
So this hasn't been fixed?

-Pixel 2XL Android 9

zingmars

neskaityta,
2018-12-22 04:48:432018-12-22
kam: Tasker
This hides ALL notifications, including ones you might create from within a task. This is not a solution.

Tom

neskaityta,
2018-12-27 09:26:252018-12-27
kam: Tasker
Today I received the update to Android Pie on my Huawei P20 Pro.
Now I experience the same issue even though I did not have this on Android 8.1.
This is really annoying. This bug occurs over and over again. My wife had this on a Samsung Galaxy S5 neo with Android 6. It was never fixed for that device. Now the same thing happens on Android 9.
The only way to get rid of this stupid notification is to stop running it in the foreground.

Robert Ryan

neskaityta,
2018-12-27 09:53:522018-12-27
kam: tas...@googlegroups.com
Are you running the beta version of Tasker?

João Dias

neskaityta,
2018-12-28 07:24:502018-12-28
kam: tas...@googlegroups.com
The only way to get rid of this stupid notification is to stop running it in the foreground.

What version of Tasker are you using?

This hides ALL notifications, including ones you might create from within a task. This is not a solution.

Sorry, you're right! You should go into Android Settings > Apps > Tasker > Notifications and then configure the notifications there :) Sorry for the confusion.

Tom

neskaityta,
2019-01-02 04:14:312019-01-02
kam: Tasker
If you refer to my post: no, I don't use the beta version.

zingmars

neskaityta,
2019-03-16 10:19:402019-03-16
kam: Tasker
On Friday, December 28, 2018 at 2:24:50 PM UTC+2, joaomgcd wrote:
Sorry, you're right! You should go into Android Settings > Apps > Tasker > Notifications and then configure the notifications there :) Sorry for the confusion.

The only options there are the following. This is on OnePlus 6T with Tasker 5.6 -

João Dias

neskaityta,
2019-03-18 11:59:112019-03-18
kam: tas...@googlegroups.com
To get the new options you have to use the beta. There you can disable JUST the monitor notifications :)

Thank you for your contact.

   Join: connect multiple devices (send pushes, remote SMS, notifications) on Android, Windows, Mac, Linux
   Tasker: customize/automate anything on your phone!
   AutoApps: add advanced functionality to Tasker via plugins

João Dias

--

Jason Brown

neskaityta,
2019-03-21 08:04:412019-03-21
kam: Tasker
I'm new to the android world and trying to see if what I'd like to do is possible. I'm very accustomed to having an unread email and SMS badge. I've found the apex launcher that helps me accomplish this for my email but I can't seem to get it working for SMS. Is it possible to use tasker/autotools to get a persistent notification badge that shows the unread count of SMS? I get the count when I get a new one but as soon as I open the messages app the count disappears even tho i am not open the actual message (I open app and leave message unread). Seems like it would be possible but I'm 8 days into being an android user. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

João Dias

neskaityta,
2019-03-22 10:27:282019-03-22
kam: tas...@googlegroups.com
Would something like this make sense? https://youtu.be/TP1N3DDQZKw

On Thu, Mar 21, 2019 at 12:04 PM Jason Brown <jbro...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm new to the android world and trying to see if what I'd like to do is possible. I'm very accustomed to having an unread email and SMS badge. I've found the apex launcher that helps me accomplish this for my email but I can't seem to get it working for SMS. Is it possible to use tasker/autotools to get a persistent notification badge that shows the unread count of SMS? I get the count when I get a new one but as soon as I open the messages app the count disappears even tho i am not open the actual message (I open app and leave message unread). Seems like it would be possible but I'm 8 days into being an android user. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Atsakyti visiems
Atsakyti autoriui
Persiųsti
0 naujų pranešimų