Current definitive word on Tasker WAIT and time-context behavior under Marshmallow?

Hippo Man

Nov 28, 2015, 1:02:29 PM11/28/15
to Tasker
I've been reading all the comments about Marshmallow's Doze mode and how it affects Tasker, but by now, I have to say that I am a bit confused as to where things currently stand.

As of right now (November 28, 2016), how are the WAIT task and time-context behavior affected in the latest Tasker when running under Marshmallow?

I make use of WAIT in some tasks, and I do have some time-context profiles. These all work fine whether the device is awake or sleeping. I'm hoping that I can still use these under Marshmallow, or at least rewrite them to work as they currently work.

Thanks for summarizing.
.

Hippo Man

Nov 28, 2015, 1:04:26 PM11/28/15
to Tasker
Correction: November 28, 2015.

Pent

Nov 29, 2015, 3:34:53 AM11/29/15
to Tasker
With the current beta everything should function as before once you've configured Tasker
and the OS:

http://tasker.dinglisch.net/userguide/en/androidpowermanagement.html

Some (few) people still seem to have trouble with manufacturer extra power management
features (e.g. Samsung), while most with same device and OS version don't,
so no promises.

Pent

Pent

Nov 29, 2015, 3:36:07 AM11/29/15
to Tasker
p.s. how were Tasker sales in 2016 while you were there visiting ?

Pent

Hippo Man

Nov 29, 2015, 7:46:10 AM11/29/15
to Tasker
Thank you. I was nervous about upgrading to Marshmallow, but now, I'll go for it when the custom ROM's I like start coming out (soon).

Unless my time machine is faulty and sent me to another year/dimension/reality, Tasker sales increase by 1,000,000 percent in 2016. By the end of that year, you are a billionaire.
.