Possible depth bug

Drake Mogawa

Aug 26, 2016, 6:03:15 AM8/26/16
to Tasker
Hello! In a project I've been working on, I have a scene where some elements need to change depth (they are hidden under other elements until needed). All work fine, but if I later add something to the scene so that the total level of depth change, Tasker will crash when trying to change the depth for those previous elements. I can reproduce that every time. I use Tasker 4.8u5m on Android 4.4.2. I'd be happy to provide a log, if only I knew how to do that.

Drake Mogawa

Aug 26, 2016, 6:05:37 AM8/26/16
to Tasker
By the way, I would appreciate very much if I could query the depth of an element via for example Test element. Then this would be less of a problem.

Mike Wilson

Aug 26, 2016, 7:55:02 AM8/26/16
to Tasker
Instead of using depth to control the elements, could you use Element Visibility instead?  That's how I control my interfaces when I need to have the controls change on the fly.

Pent

Sep 12, 2016, 3:25:34 AM9/12/16
to Tasker
Sorry for the late reply.

Hello! In a project I've been working on, I have a scene where some elements need to change depth (they are hidden under other elements until needed). All work fine, but if I later add something to the scene so that the total level of depth change, Tasker will crash when trying to change the depth for those  previous elements. I can reproduce that every time. I use Tasker 4.8u5m on Android 4.4.2. I'd be happy to provide a log, if only I knew how to do that.

I couldn't reproduce that.

Be aware that the new element is added at the bottom, so the depth level of all the other elements increases
by one. But that shouldn't cause a crash subsequently.

Could you post the scene XML and the task you are using to show it ?
(long-click, select export). Preferably simplify it first so I can just
run the task to create the crash :-)

Thanks,

Pent

Pent

Sep 12, 2016, 3:33:44 AM9/12/16
to Tasker

By the way, I would appreciate very much if I could query the depth of an element via for example Test element. Then this would be less of a problem.

Added for next update.

Pent