feature request: set wallpaper continue after error

Dave

Jun 23, 2017, 3:59:36 PM6/23/17
to Tasker
Sometimes I screw up my image files on my phone, either by saying yes to "clear space from phone" offers by google photos, or just by making mistakes in my sync setup.

Regardless, if suddenly a file I've programmed to be set as wallpaper is missing, whatever task that is part of suddenly stops working (i.e. all the steps after that point stop).

I'm going to start moving that action to the end of the tasks if possible when it happens again, but it would be cool to have the option to click a box "continue after error" so I wouldn't suddenly lose function like this.

Thanks for an awesome app,
Dave

Duck Redbeard

Jun 23, 2017, 4:46:08 PM6/23/17
to Tasker
I keep image files that I would use in Tasker operations in their own folder in the Tasker folder. I also use folder sync to keep a backup of the entire Tasker folder.

Pent

Jun 24, 2017, 2:19:08 AM6/24/17
to Tasker

Regardless, if suddenly a file I've programmed to be set as wallpaper is missing, whatever task that is part of suddenly stops working (i.e. all the steps after that point stop).

I'm going to start moving that action to the end of the tasks if possible when it happens again, but it would be cool to have the option to click a box "continue after error" so I wouldn't suddenly lose function like this.

You can just test if the file exists first with Test File action, but sure, only takes me a second to add the flag.

Pent

Dave

Jun 25, 2017, 8:20:51 AM6/25/17
to Tasker
Thank you!

Yes, the file's always there when I first add it, but like I said, sometimes I forget to pick exceptions when my photos get too much and Google offers to thin them out.