Lost ALL data after a Tasker crash

已查看 53 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

francwalter

未读,
2017年4月25日 03:07:562017/4/25
收件人 Tasker
Hallo
yesterday evening, I opened Tasker and  just switched off a Profile and closed Tasker.
After this I tried to start a Task by Shortcut, but I got an error that this Task doesn't exist.
I reopened Tasker and got a warning:

Log Contents
T: 21.45.14#T: warning: failed to load data,
creating new

and nearly all data in Tasker, all Tasks, Scenes and Profiles (some Vars remained) had dissappeared!
Luckily I had a nightly Backup through Titanium and could restore the Tasker version from last night.
I had not made many changes since, so it was not a big deal.

But It was horrifying that this just could happen!
If I think this could happen after I do two hours of programing in Tasker and all is away, I am afraid.
Or if the backup in Titanium didn't happen etc.

Is there any clue I could gain how this could happen?
The phone didn't crash at all, it was just Tasker in total background.

Thank

frank

Pent

未读,
2017年4月25日 03:22:502017/4/25
收件人 Tasker
Enable Auto Backups in Misc prefs and the data will be backed up every time you
exit the UI.

Pent

francwalter

未读,
2017年4月25日 04:11:492017/4/25
收件人 Tasker

Yes this I have enabled, but this doesn't save the global variables, which I need in some Tasks essentially.
But apart of that, how can this happen?

Rich D

未读,
2017年4月25日 04:51:472017/4/25
收件人 Tasker Google Groups Post

"Losing Tasker data", scary stuff.. Unfortunately it is simply the nature of the beast. Which is why there are back up options. I took it one step further and have Tasker do a daily back up to the cloud.

Yes this I have enabled, but this doesn't save the global variables, which I need in some Tasks essentially.

Whenever I need a global variable set for system wide use, I use just one task that sets all my globals.  IE -(I never just create a global with data in it from the variables tab) this way it is always backed up...

Pent

未读,
2017年4月25日 05:14:052017/4/25
收件人 Tasker

But apart of that, how can this happen?

I have no idea.

If global variables were lost, it's almost certainly an external factor, since
global variables are stored separately from the normal data configuration
and not saved unless they change.

Pent

francwalter

未读,
2017年4月25日 05:18:432017/4/25
收件人 Tasker

AH! That why they were not lost! I saw there were some, but I didn't check them all, I was so surprised that I rapidly restored without long checks.
Where they are saved exactly then?

Pent

未读,
2017年4月25日 05:25:432017/4/25
收件人 Tasker
>AH! That why they were not lost!

You wrote 'some vars remained' implying most were lost.

Where they are saved exactly then?

In a file in the /data directory.

Pent

Frank Röhm

未读,
2017年4月25日 08:08:532017/4/25
收件人 tas...@googlegroups.com

Am 25. April 2017 11:25:43 MESZ schrieb Pent <crafty...@gmail.com>:
>>AH! That why they were *not* lost!
>
>You wrote 'some vars remained' implying most were lost.

Yes you are right! I was not exact.

>Where they are saved exactly then?
>>

>In a file in the /data directory.

In which exactly?

Pent

未读,
2017年4月25日 10:27:452017/4/25
收件人 Tasker

In which exactly?

Suspect net.dinglisch.android.tasker.varry.xml in the Tasker subdir.

It's handled by Android.

Pent

Frank Röhm

未读,
2017年4月26日 15:04:462017/4/26
收件人 tas...@googlegroups.com
Thanks!

Meanwhiley I fear now some serious hardware problem as cause and as announce of them :(
Today I had several times this strange "SIM card removed" error, which I know from main board issues only.
Maybe I have errors in my Rom and the time of my SGS4 has come :(

Robert Ryan

未读,
2017年4月26日 16:43:102017/4/26
收件人 Tasker
If you are getting sim removed errors, the first thing to try is going to your local dealer and asking for a new sim card.

Typically, these errors are caused oxidation of the sim card contacts. This creates a thin insulating film which prevents good connection to the sim card.

Frank Röhm

未读,
2017年4月29日 04:45:182017/4/29
收件人 tas...@googlegroups.com
You were right I hope!
Put out SIM cleaned contacts and moved it in the slot - no more errors since that :)
回复全部
回复作者
转发
0 个新帖子