Tasker 4.6u2/u3 on Android 4.1.2 and Better Keyguard 1.4

David Durgee

May 22, 2015, 12:46:16 PM5/22/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I am new to android phones and have encountered a problem beyond my limited experience to address, so I am seeking guidance here.

I am attempting to deal with a problem with my phone "pocket dialing" after an incoming call causes the display to turn on and unlock for input.  If I am driving in particular I tend to ignore the phone, but the unlocked display gets spurious inputs that cause various problems.

I had already installed tasker to start addressing other issues, so I looked for a tasker solution to the problem.  This lead me to the following thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2246368

I downloaded the code for this project from here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2529068&d=1390272719

I attempted to import this project to my tasker, and may have accomplished this as I did at one point see additonal profiles, tasks, actions, etc. at one point.  But at present I do not see any signs of this.  I attempt to access projects other than my base project, but nothing shows.  I attempt to import it again and get errors.

As a novice both in android and tasker I am hitting a brick wall here.  I have defined one simple profile in my base project to use the AFWall+ plugin to switch whitelist profiles when entering or leaving my home WiFi network.  This is working fine.

Where do I go from here?  What am I missing?  In case it matters, my phone is rooted.  If you need other information please let me know.

Dave