Tasker Icon - Clicking Doesn't Save

Rich D

Aug 30, 2015, 8:43:29 AM8/30/15
to Tasker Google Groups Post

> I've been unable to save changes made to Tasker by simply clicking on the Tasker icon as documentation shows should be possible.

Wow, someone who actually uses the user guide... :)

I do not recall seeing that section. I can tell you that a feature that allows users to save changes from within tasker and continue, has been asked for many times. I do not know the reason but Pent never implemented it.  As for his wording in the guide here is one assumption I can come up with..

> Tasker Icon
> Click to save all configuration changes made since starting Tasker

This will act like the back button and save the changes "however"  Some of these changes will not be available until tasker has been exited and re-started.

and then exit the app.

This does not specify that the tasker icon will exit the app. You need to do that via the back button.

The Back hardware button has the same effect.

This information could use some clarification but I can assure you we have never been able to 'Save and Continue' in tasker.   Most changes to tasks are saved and you can continue immediately it is changes to scenes or contexts that mostly require exit and re-start.

Hope this helps...