Volume Rocker Press Event

Amer

Mar 21, 2013, 6:17:26 PM3/21/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com

Hi All,

Is there a way to detect a volume buttons being press? I would like to take picture by pressing or long pressing the volume button.

Thx in advance.

▒ Android 4.2.2 @ Google neXus4™ ▒

TomL

Mar 22, 2013, 7:44:51 AM3/22/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com
How would you change the volume then without taking a picture every time?

Tom

TomL

Mar 22, 2013, 8:02:10 AM3/22/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Task: VolChangeTakePicture
1. action > flash > Taking picture! (vol: %VOLR)
2. action > media > take photo

Profile: IfRingerVolChangeThenPhoto
context event: variable > variable set > %VOLR
enter task: VolChangeTakePicture

But this is very awkward, as this works by detecting Ringer Volume changes.  So if you need to change the ringer volume, photo!  Or if you're playing music in the background, and you want to take a picture by pressing volume keys, it won't take the picture because the volume keys would be changing the media volume not ringer volume.

And so forth.

Tom

Amer

Mar 22, 2013, 9:11:54 AM3/22/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com

Thx! It's working.

I'm adding enabled / disable functionality so I just enabled it whenever I need it. ;)

▒ Android 4.2.2 @ Google neXus4™ ▒