Auto answer on BT headset

Gábor

May 25, 2018, 7:51:43 AM5/25/18
to Tasker
Hello,

I'm trying to find something in the archives but all I get is conflicting opinions. :-)

I have a very simple task. When an incoming call arrives, can I automatically answer it with Tasker so that it gets picked up by the BT headset already connected and functioning? All I need is not to need to press the green button. Android 7.0, Huawei.

Bye,
  Gábor

Duck Redbeard

May 25, 2018, 9:25:31 AM5/25/18
to Tasker
Yes. This is possible. I had it enabled but found that it was actually inconvenient. Having it auto answer at work was impractical because of the noise. Having it auto answer while in a conversation was rude. Having it auto answer while driving was an intrusive distraction.

Most of all, having it auto answer a call I didn't want to take was just awkward.

Not saying you shouldn't have this, just saying I tried it and it wasn't for me.

Gábor

May 25, 2018, 9:35:00 AM5/25/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Duck,

true, not everybody likes it. However, this happens to be for a friend of mine who works as a car mechanic and he has his hands full and dirty most of the time and still wants to be able to take customers's calls during work. So, while it's not everyone's cup of tea, it's a legitimate need for some and I simply can't understand why it isn't offered in all phones today (some do, actually).

And if it works, I'd actually prefer it myself when driving. So I'll install Tasker now, set it up myself and then pass it on to the friend. Thanks for the confirmation that it'll work. There are half a dozen apps in the store that promise to do this but none of them actually work, at least not on the phones I tried them on. :-)

Bye,
  Gábor

Gábor

May 26, 2018, 7:30:46 AM5/26/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
OK, I'm starting. On my own phone, Take Call is red and warns that it's no longer possible without rooting. Is this a hard rule for current Androids or maybe just my current phone?

Also, as usual, when you have a hammer, you start to look for nails, I started to think about what to Taskerize. One item would be to set up everything else I like when I start navigation in the car. One of those would be GPS on. I know it's no longer possible without user intervention but, for instance, Waze can initiate the process and the system asks for my consent. If I give it, GPS is switched on. One extra tap for sure but nothing more, I don't have to go into the menu myself. Couldn't Tasker do something similar?