Trigger "Power: Any" doesn't seem to be working on low power USB adapter

Brian M

Mar 27, 2015, 2:17:24 PM3/27/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
So, for a long time I've been using a tasker setup in my car (does a whole bunch of stuff).  The trigger for this a combination of connecting to my car's BT as well as plugging into power ("Power: Any").  This has always worked well until recently.  After some testing I realized that tasker doesn't seem to recognize when my phone is plugged into a low power (1a, I believe) USB adapter I have that plugs into my car's cigarette lighter socket.  This appears to have cropped up when I upgraded to Android 5.1... that's when I started having the problems.  The strange part though is that my phone knows it's charging (battery icon indicates charging), but Tasker doesn't trigger.  It does trigger though when I use a higher power usb port.

This easily workable as I can just get a higher powered USB adapter, I just thought I'd report the issue.

Brian M

Mar 27, 2015, 2:19:28 PM3/27/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, phone is a rooted/unlocked Nexus 5 running Lollipop 5.1

Steve L.

Mar 28, 2015, 6:29:23 AM3/28/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I have a profile that is dedicated to charging the phone.  The profile has a state for power with a source of AC.  This has worked for high and low-power USB cables, both in the car and at home.  In order to make sure it works, I also have it put a clock on the screen and announce it's charging (in case I forgot to turn on the extra power strip).  I haven't tried this with any other states (like Bluetooth) or with any other charging mediums yet, but the idea should be the same.  Hope it helps

anon ymous

Mar 29, 2015, 4:32:16 PM3/29/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Does lollipop still tell you the charging source under settings > power? What does it say when charging with the 1A adapter?

USB 2.0 spec is 5v 500mA (which my phone calls usb), my phone came with a 1A wall charger, and it's my understanding tablets generally come with a 2A charger. So I wouldn't call 1A low power. My phome calls anything much higher than 500mV (AC). My thinking is 5.1 may have added something other than usb/acc.

anon ymous

Mar 29, 2015, 4:36:02 PM3/29/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Message has been deleted

Brian M

Apr 1, 2015, 10:14:38 PM4/1/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Good question.  Unfortunately I trashed it and got a replacement, which works very well.