Tasker qs tile Nougat

Ash Matthews

Oct 20, 2017, 10:20:58 AM10/20/17
to Tasker
Now that my device is on Nougat I've managed to set up a quick setting tile which toggles a task. I've tried to set it so that the tile icon changes dynamically to indicate the toggle state (as with Bluetooth and NFC qs), but no joy.
Maybe someone can shed some light if this is possible?

Pent

Oct 21, 2017, 5:22:45 AM10/21/17
to Tasker

On Friday, 20 October 2017 16:20:58 UTC+2, Ash Matthews wrote:
Now that my device is on Nougat I've managed to set up a quick setting tile which toggles a task.

Runs a task I think you mean (just to exclude that you mean something else)

I've tried to set it so that the tile icon changes dynamically to indicate the toggle state (as with Bluetooth and NFC qs), but no joy.

How ?

Pent
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Ash Matthews

Oct 22, 2017, 12:38:45 PM10/22/17
to Tasker

Runs a task I think you mean (just to exclude that you mean something else)

I've tried to set it so that the tile icon changes dynamically to indicate the toggle state (as with Bluetooth and NFC qs), but no joy.

How ?

Pent

Thanks.. yes, I mean run a task which toggles a profile. This is what I have:

1. Profile (DISPLAY OFF) - Display state off → Wifi off
2. Task (WIFI OFF) - Set wifi off
3. Task (TOG WIFI) - Profile status - Name (Display off) Set Toggle
4. Task (QS TILE) - see below

Whilst the qs tile toggles the profile as desired, I have tried several variations of the task in the screenshot to dynamically change the icon but no success. I feel I'm on the right track but could use some help at this stage.

Pent

Oct 22, 2017, 12:43:25 PM10/22/17
to Tasker
You realise that the actions are disabled in the task to change tile state ?

Enable Menu / More / Run Log and check that your task is being run when the
state changes to update the tile, and that there are no errors given.

Pent

Ash Matthews

Oct 22, 2017, 1:35:32 PM10/22/17
to Tasker
Yes, the actions were only disabled at the time of the screenshot.. here is the log which does indeed show an error:

Ash Matthews

Oct 23, 2017, 10:02:20 AM10/23/17
to Tasker
So the problem is with my task number 13, specifically the If state in action 2. I have tried the various state permutations/action changes etc. but could do with a pointer as I am getting nowhere.

Pent

Oct 23, 2017, 11:10:07 AM10/23/17
to Tasker

On Monday, 23 October 2017 16:02:20 UTC+2, Ash Matthews wrote:
So the problem is with my task number 13, specifically the If state in action 2.

No, it's not a problem, it's just telling you that the action didn't run because the condition failed.
The action to set the status to active did run, and apparently successfully. I don't
know if that's what you expected or not though...

The easiest way to test is just to create a new task which just sets to active or inactive, then
run it from the UI and check the QS area to see if the action is working.

Pent

Ash Matthews

Oct 23, 2017, 1:54:13 PM10/23/17
to Tasker
Tested this and the tile icon changes as per the qs task actions (active/inactive). Despite trying numerous %STATE and %PENABLED options I've yet to find a way to successfully link the qs task to the task which toggles the profile in question.

Ash Matthews

Oct 24, 2017, 2:04:48 PM10/24/17
to Tasker
After spending a lot of time on this I am so frustrated!

As expected, when the first action here is run within Tasker the tile is set to active, and then back to inactive when the other two actions are run. However the tile remains static when pressed, although the profile is successfully toggled.

I do appreciate the input here and I've learnt a lot about Tasker, just obviously not enough. If anyone can guide me then that would be great - if not then I'll just make do with a static tile.. thanks.

Pent

Oct 25, 2017, 5:36:31 AM10/25/17
to Tasker

On Monday, 23 October 2017 19:54:13 UTC+2, Ash Matthews wrote:
Tested this and the tile icon changes as per the qs task actions (active/inactive).

Good, then Tasker is working fine in that respect.

Despite trying numerous %STATE and %PENABLED options I've yet to find a way to successfully link the qs task to the task which toggles the profile in question.

Probably just something wrong with your variable values or conditions somewhere.

Pent

Pent

Oct 25, 2017, 5:37:34 AM10/25/17
to Tasker

As expected, when the first action here is run within Tasker the tile is set to active, and then back to inactive when the other two actions are run. However the tile remains static when pressed, although the profile is successfully toggled.

The third action in that task does nothing, just to be sure you realise.

Again: look at Menu / More / Run Log, check which actions are running and that it's what you expect.

Pent

Ash Matthews

Nov 20, 2017, 7:26:56 PM11/20/17
to Tasker
I managed to set this up like so, with the variable having a wrap around of two.
Screenshot_20171120-234253.png