Factory app won't open on Z Force after Nougat update

Gal Ntwo

Dec 3, 2016, 10:04:21 AM12/3/16
to Tasker
I've had a Tasker made app on the google play store for a few months now and have downloaded the app on several different devices myself, all of which work just fine, but I noticed yesterday after receiving the Nougat update on my Moto Z Force that this app just simply won't open. I'm wondering if someone else with a Moto Z could download the app and see if it opens for them? If not, I'm wondering why I can't open it on my Z on Nougat, but works fine on my 6P on Nougat.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gmail.dumbsmartapps.co2supercool

Thanks!

Gal Ntwo

Dec 3, 2016, 11:22:31 AM12/3/16
to Tasker
Interestingly enough, I can run the scene from tasker just fine on the Z Force, and exporting the project as an app from the Z Force still causes the app to not launch. However, I was just playing around with the display settings on the Z Force and switched from 'default' to 'small' and it launches just fine now!! Trying the 'large' setting won't let the app open either.

Does anyone know the specifics of these different display settings? Is the small 1440 / default 1080 / and large 720 resolutions? The app works on other phones I have which have 720 screens, so I don't know why it's getting this hiccup.

Hope this helps someone down the road maybe...