device bootup profile not run on Tasker 5.0b5

John Eldredge

Jun 26, 2017, 10:12:13 PM6/26/17
to Tasker
A profile with a "device bootup" trigger condition is not executed at bootup. It does not show in the run log. Manually running the task reports no errors. I am using an LG G5 with Android 7.0 firmware.

Pent

Jun 27, 2017, 2:25:26 AM6/27/17
to Tasker

On Tuesday, 27 June 2017 04:12:13 UTC+2, John Eldredge wrote:
A profile with a "device bootup" trigger condition is not executed at bootup. It does not show in the run log. Manually running the task reports no errors. I am using an LG G5 with Android 7.0 firmware.

Is Tasker enabled ?

Did you give it a few minutes after bootup ?

Also enable Menu / More / Run Log to see if the profile
activates, perhaps the task doesn't work  well during boot.

If you have a custom / rooted ROM, check for settings which
prevent or allow signals going to apps about boot.

Pent

John Eldredge

Jun 27, 2017, 4:38:50 AM6/27/17
to Tasker
Under the previous version of Tasker, the Device Bootup profile became true, and my task was run, 20 to 30 seconds after the Tasker lightning bolt symbol appears in the Notification bar. Using the current beta version of Tasker, the Device Bootup profile has still not become active ten minutes after the lightning bolt symbol appears, and the run log shows that my bootup task was never executed. I am using the stock ROM for my VS987, as no one ever developed a way to root it.

John Eldredge

Jun 27, 2017, 9:28:15 AM6/27/17
to Tasker
The bootup profile is being triggered on some device reboots, but not all.

Pent

Jun 27, 2017, 2:48:07 PM6/27/17
to Tasker
On Tuesday, 27 June 2017 15:28:15 UTC+2, John Eldredge wrote:
The bootup profile is being triggered on some device reboots, but not all.

Have you checked that in Menu / More / Run Log, or are you just relying
on the effects of the task being perceived ? If the latter, check the former.

Maybe also try the power management workarounds then:

http://tasker.dinglisch.net/userguide/en/androidpowermanagement.html

Pent

jfeld...@gmail.com

Jun 27, 2017, 3:21:30 PM6/27/17
to tas...@googlegroups.com

I am basing it on the Run Log. The last couple of times I have rebooted the phone, the Device Boot has triggered. I also discovered that task shortcuts on the home screen don't work, and I make extensive use of them, so I have gone back for now to the Google Play Store version of Tasker. I will try the beta version again in z couple of weeks.

--
John F. Eldredge -- jfeld...@gmail.com