Direct-Purchase Users: Upgrading to Tasker 5.0+

Pent

Jul 21, 2017, 3:37:42 AM7/21/17
to Tasker
Unfortunately, the upgrade needs to be done manually for direct-purchase users (*not Play Store users*).
Sorry about that :-(

The download is here: http://tasker.dinglisch.net/download.html

After the manual install, automatic updates should commence again.

Please note that this upgrade is only possible for Android devices running Android 5.0 or higher.

Pent

Piotr

Aug 16, 2017, 5:18:07 AM8/16/17
to Tasker
Also, Tasker wants to download http://tasker.dinglisch.net/TaskerL.apk (404 not found) when he found new version available.

Pent

Aug 16, 2017, 6:15:35 AM8/16/17
to Tasker
Also, Tasker wants to download http://tasker.dinglisch.net/TaskerL.apk (404 not found) when he found new version available.

Think that should be fixed now, sorry for the trouble.

Pent

Gerd Steinwender

Mar 2, 2018, 6:46:32 PM3/2/18
to Tasker
Btw, downloading app factory through tasker results in a non working combonation of modern tasker and app factory 1.0 or 1.1 i domt remember exactly. Had to get latest version from play store...

larryc...@gmail.com

Mar 6, 2018, 5:33:07 AM3/6/18
to Tasker
is there any way to purchase auto input without play store yet?

joaomgcd

Mar 6, 2018, 7:14:06 AM3/6/18
to Tasker
No, there's not. Sorry!

Piotr

Mar 6, 2018, 2:06:04 PM3/6/18
to Tasker

joaomgcd

Mar 6, 2018, 2:12:26 PM3/6/18
to Tasker
Sorry, fixed!

larryc...@gmail.com

Mar 6, 2018, 4:19:19 PM3/6/18
to Tasker
what is a direct purchase user?

On Tuesday, March 6, 2018 at 7:14:06 AM UTC-5, joaomgcd wrote:
No, there's not. Sorry!

joaomgcd

Mar 7, 2018, 3:57:50 AM3/7/18
to Tasker
what is a direct purchase user?

Previously Tasker had the option to be purchased from outside Google Play.

Noam Gal

Mar 13, 2018, 6:12:06 AM3/13/18
to Tasker
What are the chances of getting an option to get the Play Store version via some redeem code for direct purchase uses?
I would really love to transfer over to Play Store ASAP.

joaomgcd

Mar 13, 2018, 6:32:00 AM3/13/18
to Tasker
Unfortunately that would go against Google Policies to offer download codes in exchange for direct purchases like that. I could get in a lot of trouble for that, sorry :(

Piotr

Mar 13, 2018, 6:38:20 AM3/13/18
to Tasker

W dniu piątek, 21 lipca 2017 09:37:42 UTC+2 użytkownik Pent napisał:
Unfortunately, the upgrade needs to be done manually for direct-purchase users (*not Play Store users*).
Sorry about that :-(

Once, there was a promo for tasker, dunno, $1 or so? Bought it because of Family Library access.
I have direct purchase license too.

Maybe you could discount purchase with some code for "this group users"?

Regards,
Piotr

joaomgcd

Mar 13, 2018, 6:44:08 AM3/13/18
to Tasker
Unfortunately there's no way of doing a promotion for just some users, sorry!

Adam Lopresto

Mar 21, 2018, 10:29:02 AM3/21/18
to Tasker
Is there a path for direct purchase users to move into the new Play Store based beta program? I actually don't mind buying the Play Store version, but I'm more concerned with making sure all of my data transitions properly (what with different package names and such).

Scott Miller

Mar 21, 2018, 11:34:07 AM3/21/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I've switched back and forth between play store version and direct purchase version a few times. For me, it worked without any issues. Make a manual backup of Tasker's data and move it somewhere safe, uninstall Tasker, install the play store version, copy your backup file back in place, restore data. Sometimes plugins get messed up and need to be uninstalled and reinstalled, otherwise everything seems to work ok.

Scott M.

On Wed, Mar 21, 2018, 10:29 AM Adam Lopresto <adamlo...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is there a path for direct purchase users to move into the new Play Store based beta program? I actually don't mind buying the Play Store version, but I'm more concerned with making sure all of my data transitions properly (what with different package names and such).

João Dias

Martin gigli

Apr 24, 2018, 6:48:20 PM4/24/18
to Tasker
Can i still buy this version of tasker? I need it for some devices without playstore

João Dias

Apr 26, 2018, 5:36:50 AM4/26/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I hate to say it but direct purchases will not be supported further. They'll continue working for about 3 years but then they'll be disabled.
With the transfer of Tasker to me I couldn't make the direct purchase mechanism work so I had to drop it unfortunately.

parosen

Apr 26, 2018, 9:37:02 AM4/26/18
to Tasker
Will they receive updates?

João Dias

Apr 26, 2018, 10:06:01 AM4/26/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, they will not.

On Thu, Apr 26, 2018 at 2:37 PM, parosen <pabloro...@gmail.com> wrote:
Will they receive updates?

lawrence coleman

Apr 29, 2018, 9:08:44 AM4/29/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for getting back to me. i guess updates are not at all important. i have designed an android media player to do different functions once pressing a button. this is where auto input comes in. My intentions are to pay for each license for each box (not per account) to sell as a package without worrying about infringing on anyone's work. I have been in the hunt for a work around but autoinput works smooth and easy. I would like to start with 30 licenses if that works. please let me know if this is doable, and what my next step should be.
Thanks alot
larry coleman
wicked smart tvs

João Dias

Apr 30, 2018, 7:42:23 AM4/30/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Hi Larry. Just to confirm, will those devices have the Google Play Store on them? Thanks!

francwalter

May 9, 2018, 1:50:36 AM5/9/18
to Tasker
To be clear: Tasker 5.1 is the last version of the not Google play tasker version?
And after 3 more years I won't even be able to use this version?
And beta versions not at all possible anymore with the not Google play tasker version?

Thank, frank

João Dias

May 9, 2018, 5:00:53 AM5/9/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Yes, that's correct.

francwalter

May 10, 2018, 3:10:35 AM5/10/18
to Tasker
First I uninstalled the not Google Play version after making a backup in Tasker and to be double sure, a backup in Titanium.
Now I installed the Google Play version and restored my Backup.
Lastly I had to set all my tasker settings and grant root access and grant all Tasker authorisations again and now I have completely switched :)

João Dias

May 10, 2018, 4:12:16 AM5/10/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Great :) Glad it worked out!

TonyZZ

May 20, 2018, 1:40:16 PM5/20/18
to Tasker
Any plans to keep the encryption part of the direct purchase. That is why I'm not currently moving to the play version. I use the encyption part before storing in the cloud.

Thanks

João Dias

May 21, 2018, 5:21:26 AM5/21/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I actually plan on bringing that to the regular market version :)

On Sun, May 20, 2018 at 6:40 PM TonyZZ <tonyzie...@gmail.com> wrote:
Any plans to keep the encryption part of the direct purchase.  That is why I'm not currently moving to the play version. I use the encyption part before storing in the cloud.

Thanks

Johnathan Wee

May 23, 2018, 4:51:01 AM5/23/18
to Tasker
I have a direct purchase Tasker. How do I switch to the Play store version?

João Dias

May 23, 2018, 4:55:41 AM5/23/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately you have to purchase it again. Sorry!

techguyone

May 29, 2018, 6:11:55 AM5/29/18
to Tasker
Is there no way to  pull a data extract to see who got the direct purchase and offer them a market version free (given they have paid for it anyway so no revenue is lost) at least then those who can access google play will get it. It would be a nice non profit loss making gesture and very good PR

TonyZZ

May 29, 2018, 8:30:13 PM5/29/18
to Tasker
I can understand that Tasker was paid for previously. I bought the non play store version when it was 9.99 direct purchase. I have no problem paying the 2.99 on the play store. My cost of $12.98 to have tasker is well worth it. I'd pay $12.98 again as Tasker is well worth it.

João Dias

May 30, 2018, 5:12:59 AM5/30/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Maybe I should make it 12.98$ on Google Play :D

All kidding aside maybe I can do that, yeah, try to give promotion codes to the direct purchasers...

On Wed, May 30, 2018 at 1:30 AM TonyZZ <tonyzie...@gmail.com> wrote:
I can understand that Tasker was paid for previously. I bought the non play store version when it was 9.99 direct purchase.  I have no problem paying the 2.99 on the play store.  My cost of $12.98 to have tasker is well worth it.  I'd pay $12.98 again as Tasker is well worth it.

Pent

Jun 2, 2018, 7:48:36 AM6/2/18
to Tasker

I can understand that Tasker was paid for previously. I bought the non play store version when it was 9.99 direct purchase.

3.49 was the highest price for the direct-purchase version. Back then it was much cheaper than Play Store.

Pent

TonyZZ

Jun 2, 2018, 9:50:19 PM6/2/18
to Tasker
Hi sorry about the error but I still state that even 3.49 + 2.99 is still a great deal for tasker worth every penny.

João Dias

Jun 4, 2018, 6:11:05 AM6/4/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Actually, having thought about it, I cannot give away codes to direct purchase customers because that would break Google's TOS. I cannot give essentially give away codes for money, which would be what I would do in this situation.

On Sun, Jun 3, 2018 at 2:50 AM TonyZZ <tonyzie...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi sorry about the error but I still state that even 3.49 + 2.99 is still a great deal for tasker worth every penny.

ktmom

Jun 4, 2018, 2:12:12 PM6/4/18
to Tasker
People, y'all need to stop expecting a free or reduced path to the play store version. For the cost of a cup of coffee, you can send a thank you to João Dias for the amazing support and development he has been bringing to Tasker.

This refusal to compensate developers for work they do is the quickest way to burn them out and lose the app entirely.

Since I've bought Tasker for every device in my family, I'll be looking for a donate link soon.

TonyZZ

Jun 4, 2018, 8:13:28 PM6/4/18
to Tasker
I agree it's 2.99 in the play store. Most people spend more than that for coffee, soda or beer/wine.

João Dias

Jun 5, 2018, 4:31:48 AM6/5/18
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much for your optimist point of view!. :)

On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 1:13 AM TonyZZ <tonyzie...@gmail.com> wrote:
I agree it's 2.99 in the play store.  Most people spend more than that for coffee, soda or beer/wine.

ktmom

Jun 6, 2018, 7:14:26 PM6/6/18
to Tasker
If Chainfire, SuperSU's original developer, had had $1-2 thrown his way by each person who had ever downloaded and used his root app, he'd be a rich man and maybe would not have sold out to CCMT who seems to have abandoned development.

I don't want to see that attitude affect Tasker 😎

me you

Jun 27, 2018, 7:52:05 AM6/27/18
to Tasker
Bought the play store version additionally.
unfortunately, though I did backup the data all widgets stopped working and need to be set anew manually which takes a bit of guesswork on the underlying tasks. may be this data could be included in backups.
Peter

joaomgcd

Jun 27, 2018, 9:27:38 AM6/27/18
to Tasker
Thank you very much! Unfortunately there's no way to include widgets in the backups, sorry!