update zoom widget

Bobvark

Apr 14, 2012, 11:09:58 PM4/14/12
to Tasker
I've got a link to a picture online got tasker to send the pic to
zoom, but the zoom widget does not update with the new pick online.

Task zoom, retreives pic labeled fc, zoom widget gets fc but doesn't
update when new fc file get downloaded...

Any help please.
Tia

Pent

Apr 15, 2012, 2:06:44 AM4/15/12
to Tasker
Why not just specify the image URL in Zoom. It has built-in regular
checks for
the image changing.

Pent

Bobvark

Apr 15, 2012, 11:32:07 AM4/15/12
to Tasker
because I want it to update at a specific time of the day once a day.
So i need to tell it when to retrieve it.

TW

Apr 15, 2012, 11:37:57 AM4/15/12
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I think it doesn't refresh if the filename of the file you load manually is the same..
also, there is an issue with the cache folder in Zoom showing outdated thumbs (seems to be related with flashing roms)

Pent

Apr 15, 2012, 12:24:56 PM4/15/12
to Tasker
> Task zoom, retreives pic labeled fc, zoom widget gets fc but doesn't
> update when new fc file get downloaded...

Ah, you mean you rerun this task. I though you meant you were running
the task once and then expecting Zoom to update it for you.

Maybe there's a cache bug as TW says, you could try in the task
setting the image
first to an empty file and then the one you want it to show again.

Pent

TW

Apr 15, 2012, 1:01:43 PM4/15/12
to tas...@googlegroups.com
the only thing that worked for me with the cache issue was just delete the cache folder in the Zoom folder..

Bobvark

Apr 15, 2012, 2:11:53 PM4/15/12
to Tasker
Thank you all here is what my task and zoom settings looks like.
https://sites.google.com/site/weatherbw/zoom

deleted cashe folder in the zoom folder on the SD card. So far still
not updating.

It did work ok when I just used zoom and got the picture every hour,
but I thought that was a waste of battery. So I just wanted to have
it get the pic twice a day right after they get published at 6:30am
and 4:30pm.

thanks for the ideas.

Bobvark

Apr 15, 2012, 3:09:16 PM4/15/12
to tas...@googlegroups.com
From my last post might make it sound like it works but it still does not update.

Dennis

Apr 24, 2012, 2:03:47 PM4/24/12
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Strange, works fine for me with downloaded picture to /sdcard/Tasker/weathernow.jpg
Zoom set...
I always set the same file name again and that seems to update the widget.

david morin

Feb 27, 2015, 4:20:09 PM2/27/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I can confirm the issue with me settings. Does not update.