Tasker 4.7b1

Pent

Feb 3, 2015, 2:36:56 AM2/3/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com

http://tasker.dinglisch.net/beta.html

There's lots more to come with this beta, I'm mainly releasing it now for one of the plugin devs.

Any posts on this thread not about changes or additions with this beta will be deleted without warning.

Pent

Highlights

  • Android app backup support (disabled by default)
  • dynamic configuration (and task) loading for e.g. remote device administration
  • improved local backup/restore

Incompatibilities

  • action Variable Convert: Bytes To Mega/Gigabytes now uses solely . for fractions
  • action Array Process: type Squash: must reselect type of existing actions
  • action Test System: must reselect test type of existing actions
  • action Test Display: new values landscape-reverse and portrait-reverse, may need to change tasks

Added

  • Prefs / Misc: Android Backup
  • action Tasker / Import Data
  • action Array Process: Sort Numeric Integer and Sort Numeric Floating-Point
  • action Send Intent: Extra fields: support for parcelable Java objects created with Java Function
  • action Send Intent: Extra fields: support for Uris via casting of value
  • action Send Intent: extra Extra field (also for JS function)
  • file selection: text box for specification
  • file selection for local data backup and restore
  • scene element WebView: Background tab
  • action Test System: added Android ID test type
  • action Test Display / Orientation: added landscape-reverse and portrait-reverse values

Bugfixes

  • %WIN was not reporting title of Tasker dialog and NoBar activity scenes
  • action Variable Convert: Bytes To Mega/Gigabytes was using localized decimal point character
  • confirmation of data restore was before selecting source rather than as last step
  • file selection: when path selected outside storage root, use abs path
  • videos weren't working in scene WebView elements
  • getSearchValue log error from event plugins
  • Java: null-valued objects were not returning 'null' when used in e.g. If conditions

Changes

  • action List Files: broadcast change of array name, not each item in the result array (latter too inefficient)
  • restructured Menu / Data / Restore
  • action Java Function: upped max parameters to 7
  • enable hardware acceleration for scene windows
  • auto backups are now placed in Tasker/configs/auto/
  • move Tasker/autobackups dir to Tasker/configs/auto on UI startup if present
  • move Tasker/userbackup.xml to Tasker/configs/user/backup.xml on UI startup if present
  • Data / Restore / Auto Local Backups: show list most recent first, show indication of backup age
  • scene element WebView: background defaults to transparent

Removed

  • manifest permission android.vending.CHECK_LICENSE

Developers

  • bugfix: event/condition plugins: ArrayList and String[] bundle types were not getting into the relevant Tasker vars

Pent

Feb 3, 2015, 2:49:32 AM2/3/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
p.s. I have not generated a new factory version, factory users should ignore the beta for now

Pent

joaomgcd

Feb 3, 2015, 5:25:43 AM2/3/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com

  • dynamic configuration (and task) loading for e.g. remote device administration
Interesting! Does this mean that a 3rd party app can directly import stuff into Tasker somehow? :)

  • manifest permission android.vending.CHECK_LICENSE
Did you stop checking standard Google Play licensing? Do you think it's pointless because it's so easy to crack?

Thanks for the update!

David Wang

Feb 3, 2015, 9:00:45 AM2/3/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com

Changes

  • enable hardware acceleration for scene windows
A scene(Overlay,Blocking) created before and worked very well. Now toast error message below when I tap the scene.

The example of "Java: Static Fields" section in the updated UserGuide help is not so appropriate.  "ContentResolver.EXTRA_SIZE" is unavailable for some Android versions(e.g. API level 16, Android 4.1.2. I get an error when I test the case on Android 4.1.2). And the demo is not for common/general use, I think. I had created a task can do this in a common way. Xml file attached.

JavaCode_GetStaticFields.tsk.xml

John Doe

Feb 3, 2015, 2:45:47 PM2/3/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I confirm that the ArrayList and String[] problem is now fixed. Thanks Pent.

Wietse van Buitenen

Feb 3, 2015, 3:32:40 PM2/3/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pent,

I am also experiencing the issue David mentioned with a Blocking Overlay.
I now get following toast:
error: code 3: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Hardware acceleration can only be used with a single UI thread

I'll send you a log in a moment..

Sean Williams

Feb 3, 2015, 7:41:16 PM2/3/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
dynamic configuration (and task) loading for e.g. remote device administration

This is great! Is it possible to add Type 'Scene' ?

Hiếu Trương Trung

Feb 3, 2015, 10:59:12 PM2/3/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Can I auto backup tasker data on dropbox or google drive every day :)
thank you, best app for controlling android device :)

Pent

Feb 4, 2015, 7:24:58 AM2/4/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com

  • dynamic configuration (and task) loading for e.g. remote device administration
Interesting! Does this mean that a 3rd party app can directly import stuff into Tasker somehow? :)

No, it means Tasker configurations can change themselves.

e.g. it listens for an SMS with an MD5 then grabs a new config file from somewhere, checks the MD5
and restarts with the new config.

I wanted a way for organisations to manage a standard config.

> Did you stop checking standard Google Play licensing?

I dropped it about 9 months after it came out.

> Do you think it's pointless because it's so easy to crack?

Suspect so, but the main reason I dropped it were the problems users were
experiencing, it's silly that 'valid' users have more problems than
'invalid' ones.

Pent

João Dias

Feb 4, 2015, 7:28:03 AM2/4/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com

No, it means Tasker configurations can change themselves.

e.g. it listens for an SMS with an MD5 then grabs a new config file from somewhere, checks the MD5
and restarts with the new config.

I wanted a way for organisations to manage a standard config.

That will be very handy to use with AutoRemote! :) You want to import a profile from the web? Right-click on it -> AutoRemote -> import profile onto Nexus 7 -> done

Very cool! Thanks!

Pent

Feb 4, 2015, 7:32:09 AM2/4/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com

A scene(Overlay,Blocking) created before and worked very well. Now toast error message below when I tap the scene.

Thanks. You'd think they'd mention something like that in the docs :-)

>The example of "Java: Static Fields" section in the updated UserGuide help is not so appropriate.  "ContentResolver.EXTRA_SIZE" is unavailable for some Android versions(e.g. >API level 16, Android 4.1.2. I get an error when I test the case on Android 4.1.2).

OK, thanks, will change it.

>And the demo is not for common/general use, I think.

Also true, thinking about it :-)

> I had created a task can do this in a common >way. Xml file attached.

Thanks.

Pent

Pent

Feb 4, 2015, 7:35:04 AM2/4/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com

That will be very handy to use with AutoRemote! :) You want to import a profile from the web? Right-click on it -> AutoRemote -> import profile onto Nexus 7 -> done

I didn't totally get that. All I've added is an action to load a config or task, but if you're happy I'm happy :-)

Pent

Pent

Feb 4, 2015, 7:37:03 AM2/4/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com

dynamic configuration (and task) loading for e.g. remote device administration

This is great! Is it possible to add Type 'Scene' ?

Erm, maybe in the future. I only put in config and task options till now because neither of them has
dependencies on other data that might cause problems.

Pent

João Dias

Feb 4, 2015, 7:39:43 AM2/4/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Well, I can easily add a new profile in Tasker that reacts to an AutoRemote event like "importtask" then in the task I import whatever file AutoRemote has in its file variable :) Then I can import the profile from anywhere by simply sending the "importtask" message with the profile url in the file field :)

Morgan Young

Feb 4, 2015, 8:06:22 AM2/4/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Hello, I have noticed my overnight charging profile did not exit this morning as it was supposed to. What I think should happen is at 0550 wi-fi and mobile data should come back on.
I am using tasker 4.7b1 and android 4.4.4 or a motorola droid maxx

here is a description of the task:
Profile: Charge n sleep (11)
Time: From 22:59 Till 05:50
State: Variable Value [ %Oncall ~ 0 & %Medic ~ 0 & %Class ~ 0 & %Meeting ~ 0 & %Home ~ 1 ]
State: Power [ Source:Any ]
Enter: Overnight charge mode on (20)
A1: Variable Set [ Name:%Nightcharge To:1 Do Maths:Off Append:Off ]
A2: WiFi [ Set:Off ] If [ %Medic ~ 0 ]
A3: Secure Settings [ Configuration:Mobile Data Disabled Package:com.intangibleobject.securesettings.plugin Name:Secure Settings Timeout (Seconds):0 ] If [ %Medic ~ 0 ]
A4: Secure Settings [ Configuration:Wifi Disabled Package:com.intangibleobject.securesettings.plugin Name:Secure Settings Timeout (Seconds):0 ]
A5: Secure Settings [ Configuration:Wifi Hotspot Disabled Package:com.intangibleobject.securesettings.plugin Name:Secure Settings Timeout (Seconds):0 ]

Exit: Overnight charge mode Off (4)
A1: WiFi [ Set:On ]
A2: Variable Set [ Name:%Nightcharge To:0 Do Maths:Off Append:Off ]
A3: Secure Settings [ Configuration:Mobile Data Enabled Package:com.intangibleobject.securesettings.plugin Name:Secure Settings Timeout (Seconds):0 ]
A4: Wait [ MS:0 Seconds:0 Minutes:3 Hours:0 Days:0 ]
A5: Perform Task [ Name:Total sync Priority:%priority Parameter 1 (%par1): Parameter 2 (%par2): Return Value Variable: Stop:Off ]

Pent

Feb 4, 2015, 2:25:20 PM2/4/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com

Hello, I have noticed my overnight charging profile did not exit this morning as it was supposed to. What I think should happen is at 0550 wi-fi and mobile data should come back on.

Please enable Menu / More / Run Log and see what it says next time it happens.

Pent

Morgan Young

Feb 4, 2015, 3:05:36 PM2/4/15
to Tasker

It was enabled, there is no listing for that time.

Pent

Feb 5, 2015, 3:19:49 AM2/5/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
OK, try reinstalling the beta, restarting the device and see if it happens again.

Thanks,

Pent

Saad Thahim

Feb 5, 2015, 11:16:38 PM2/5/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Cant hide or destroy scenes in 4.7
Please help.

Saad Thahim

Feb 5, 2015, 11:30:48 PM2/5/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com

David Wang

Feb 6, 2015, 12:31:41 AM2/6/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com

Bugfixes

  • Java: null-valued objects were not returning 'null' when used in e.g. If conditions
OK now. :-)

Changes
  • enable hardware acceleration for scene windows
In fact, I find these lines in the manifest file of Tasker.
<application
android:theme="@7F090004"
android:label="@7F06008E"
android:icon="@7F0202C5"
android:backupAgent="MyBackupAgent"
android:restoreAnyVersion="false"
android:hardwareAccelerated="false"

A scene(Overlay,Blocking) created before and worked very well. Now toast error message below when I tap the scene.

Thanks. You'd think they'd mention something like that in the docs :-)

It seems that the hardware acceleration issue only exist in "overlay, blocking" scenes of Tasker 4.7b1 while 4.6u3m is OK(And "Activity / Dialog" kind of scenes are always OK). When this issue happens, the overlay-blocking scene can't be hidden or destoried.

You think the issue above is more likely a ROM or hardware issue in other thread. But I think maybe it's a new bug in Tasker 4.7b1. Please re-confirm that. Thanks in advance.

Related log file for a simple "overlay-blocking" scene  attached.
overlay-blocking-scene-issue.txt

Saad Thahim

Feb 6, 2015, 12:44:25 AM2/6/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
How to get this update?

Morgan Young

Feb 6, 2015, 1:50:23 AM2/6/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Done, will let you know.

Pent

Feb 6, 2015, 3:44:42 AM2/6/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
>It seems that the hardware acceleration issue only exist in "overlay, blocking" scenes of Tasker 4.

I havn't got round to investigating where that's coming from yet but it's definitely due to changes in 4.7.

The manifest entry is correct BTW.

Pent

Pent

Feb 6, 2015, 5:34:43 AM2/6/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I can't reproduce this hardware accel problem yet.

From the various reports, it seems to be when the scene is removed from the window (destroyed/hidden).

Could people with this problem please report their Android version, device, and whether they have a custom ROM ?

Thanks,

Pent

Pent

Feb 6, 2015, 5:40:17 AM2/6/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
p.s. I presume there's no problem with activity/dialog scenes but that there
is a problem also with a non-blocking overlay ?

Pent

David Wang

Feb 6, 2015, 5:49:40 AM2/6/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Could people with this problem please report their Android version, device, and whether they have a custom ROM ?
The first few lines of my former log file contains device information. (MIUI 4.12.5, Android 4.1.2)

p.s. I presume there's no problem with activity/dialog scenes but that there
is a problem also with a non-blocking overlay ?
I had test activity/dialog scenes are OK. Overlay scenes(both blocking and non-blocking) error when try to hide/destroy them.

P.S.: From the Android docs, it hints that there maybe problem when using hardware accerlation. I think maybe it will be much better with an option for user to determine whether to turn it on/off.

Wietse van Buitenen

Feb 6, 2015, 6:38:16 AM2/6/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I have a Sony Xperia Z1 with Stock Android 4.4.4.
I'll try to create a simple Task with a Scene to test on my N7 to see if I can reproduce..

As far as I remember Activity and Dialog are OK but Overlay in general not, also non-blocking..

Wietse van Buitenen

Feb 6, 2015, 7:42:31 AM2/6/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
It works fine on my N7 with Stock Android 5.0.2.
It produces the error on both my Z1 with Stock Android 4.4.4 and a Huawei with Stock Android 4.3.
I attached a simple example I used.

On Friday, February 6, 2015 at 11:34:43 AM UTC+1, Pent wrote:
4.7b.prj.xml

Saad Thahim

Feb 6, 2015, 8:23:12 AM2/6/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Error on note 3 n9005
4.4.2 stock rooted.

Pent

Feb 6, 2015, 9:47:41 AM2/6/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com

It works fine on my N7 with Stock Android 5.0.2.

OK, I'm on 5.0.1 with my N5, so I'm going to work on the assumption for now that
it's a pre-Lollipop problem.

Will turn off the hardware acceleration for overlay scenes pre-Lollipop.

Pent

Pent

Feb 6, 2015, 10:07:16 AM2/6/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I uploaded b2.

     <LI>added: state Power Save Mode (Android 5.0+)
        <LI>change: action Test File, Size: for directories, return the number of children (files and dirs), previously was somewhat arbitrary
        <LI>change: increased task priority range 0-50 normal tasks, 0-100 when testing tasks
        <LI>beta; bugfix: removed hardware acceleration for overlay scenes on pre-5.0 devices
        <LI>developers: bugfix: synchronous action plugin, return ArrayList values weren't being processed correctly

Pent

Wietse van Buitenen

Feb 6, 2015, 10:26:51 AM2/6/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, disabling fixed it :-)

John Doe

Feb 6, 2015, 12:17:11 PM2/6/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Confirmed the bug fix for ArrayList in sync plug with 4.7b2.

Morgan Young

Feb 6, 2015, 2:10:37 PM2/6/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
it appears that with 4.71b2 that tasker is not recognizing that it is connected by bluetooth to a Pebble watch.  I have not been able to test the over night charging profile.

David Wang

Feb 7, 2015, 2:58:11 AM2/7/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I uploaded b2.

        <LI>beta; bugfix: removed hardware acceleration for overlay scenes on pre-5.0 devices

Bugfix confirmed. :-)

Morgan Young

Feb 7, 2015, 8:23:36 PM2/7/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
This bug has not been fixed.

Milan Roubal

Feb 9, 2015, 6:58:37 AM2/9/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Just a small reminder to make change in notifications without icons handling,
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/tasker/xAOJYAsuZ0k/7cd-UkM9KaQJ
hope to see that in next beta.
   Thank you
   Milan

Dne úterý 3. února 2015 8:36:56 UTC+1 Pent napsal(a):
  • Java: null-valued objects were not returning 'null' when used in e.g. If conditions

    Changes

      • action List Files: broadcast change of array name, not each item in the result array (latter too inefficient)
      • restructured Menu / Data / Restore
      • action Java Function: upped max parameters to 7
      • enable hardware acceleration for scene windows
      • auto backups are now placed in Tasker/configs/auto/
      • move Tasker/autobackups dir to Tasker/configs/auto on UI startup if present
      • move Tasker/userbackup.xml to Tasker/configs/user/backup.xml on UI startup if present
      • Data / Restore / Auto Local Backups: show list most recent first, show indication of backup age
      • scene element WebView: background defaults to transparent

      Pent

      Feb 9, 2015, 7:28:13 AM2/9/15
      to tas...@googlegroups.com
      >Just a small reminder to make change in notifications without icons handling,

      Glad you got back to me on that, I couldn't work out what the note I had made about it
      meant :-)

      Pent
      Message has been deleted
      Message has been deleted

      My-kl

      Feb 23, 2015, 3:43:02 PM2/23/15
      to tas...@googlegroups.com
      The transparent webview/gif update is great, but the picture is underlined for a second. Any chance of getting rid of that?

      Pent

      Feb 23, 2015, 11:23:48 PM2/23/15
      to tas...@googlegroups.com

      The transparent webview/gif update is great, but the picture is underlined for a second. Any chance of getting rid of that?

      Sorry, could you explain what you mean a bit more, you lost me at 'webview/gif update'.

      Thanks,

      Pent

      My-kl

      Feb 25, 2015, 12:28:16 PM2/25/15
      to tas...@googlegroups.com
      The transparent gif background is great, but the picture is underlined with a grey bar for a second or two when the scene shows.

      Pent

      Feb 25, 2015, 1:39:08 PM2/25/15
      to tas...@googlegroups.com

      The transparent gif background is great, but the picture is underlined with a grey bar for a second or two when the scene shows.

      Sorry, I still don't know which transparent gif background you mean.

      Pent

      My-kl

      Feb 25, 2015, 2:13:56 PM2/25/15
      to tas...@googlegroups.com
      Changes:
      • scene element WebView: background defaults to transparent
      Transparent but underlined for a second or two.

      My-kl

      Feb 26, 2015, 6:16:55 AM2/26/15
      to tas...@googlegroups.com

      Pent

      Feb 27, 2015, 2:13:22 AM2/27/15
      to tas...@googlegroups.com

      Ah, you mean when you set a gif with HTML code.

      Can I ask why you need to do that ?

      Pent

      My-kl

      Feb 27, 2015, 6:14:34 AM2/27/15
      to tas...@googlegroups.com
      Because it looks nice! I've made a mechanical clock scene and it has a couple of moving cogs. Sure, it's not vital but if you had time to remove that underline thing I'm sure you'll be rewarded with karma! :-D

      Pent

      Feb 27, 2015, 7:42:25 AM2/27/15
      to tas...@googlegroups.com

      Because it looks nice!

      But why not just set the background of the webview to transparent with the new tab instead of using a gif in your HTML code ?

      Pent
      Message has been deleted

      My-kl

      Feb 28, 2015, 1:22:04 PM2/28/15
      to tas...@googlegroups.com

      But why not just set the background of the webview to transparent with the new tab instead of using a gif in your HTML code ?

      Oops, crossed wires in the communications. I'm not using HTML. I'm adding a .gif in a webview but I don't see a new tab with transparency options.

      Pent

      Mar 2, 2015, 3:00:20 AM3/2/15
      to tas...@googlegroups.com

      But why not just set the background of the webview to transparent with the new tab instead of using a gif in your HTML code ?

      Oops, crossed wires in the communications. I'm not using HTML. I'm adding a .gif in a webview but I don't see a new tab with transparency options.

      Sorry, still not getting you. How are you 'adding a gif in a webview' ? Where are you specifying that and how ?

      Pent

      My-kl

      Mar 7, 2015, 7:23:29 AM3/7/15
      to tas...@googlegroups.com
      Scenes > add element > webview
      Mode: URL
      Source: file:///storage/path/name.gif
      Changing the mode makes the image invisible.

      Please tell me you understand me now! :-)

      Pent

      Mar 9, 2015, 3:23:49 AM3/9/15
      to tas...@googlegroups.com

      Nearly there :-)

      So name.gif is NOT transparent I assume. Have you tried other image types e.g. jpeg ?

      Pent

      My-kl

      Mar 10, 2015, 7:08:01 PM3/10/15
      to tas...@googlegroups.com
      Are you doing this on purpose?! :-)

      The gif IS transparent, and the gif is showing up as transparent. The trouble is that it's underlined for a second or two. There's no point using jpeg cos then it wouldn't have animation!

      My-kl

      Mar 10, 2015, 8:09:29 PM3/10/15
      to tas...@googlegroups.com
      Forget it, I've just upgraded from 4.3 to Slimkat and there's no underlining. Everything is great now!

      Paul [sabret00the]

      Mar 12, 2015, 7:13:56 AM3/12/15
      to tas...@googlegroups.com
      Anyone else having problems with the forward action button? I've not managed to make it work in either b1 or b2

      Jay M

      Mar 12, 2015, 2:25:07 PM3/12/15
      to tas...@googlegroups.com

      FWIW I couldn't understand what you were on about either, glad to hear its sorted.