Bluetooth in call volume

Bittermormon

Jan 7, 2011, 12:51:50 AM1/7/11
to tas...@googlegroups.com
When I am using voice commands or in a call, my volume switch adjusts "Bluetooth In Call Volume" Is there a way to access this volume in Tasker? It would be super helpful.

Thanks

MD

Feb 26, 2011, 9:14:02 PM2/26/11
to Tasker
I'm looking for the same...hopefully someone answers...

BradM

Feb 27, 2011, 10:01:45 AM2/27/11
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Are you talking about it adjusting the volume on your Bluetooth device or the volume on your phone that communicates with the Bluetooth device?

On the first one, I doubt it's possible.

As for the second one, on my Droid X it's the MEDIA volume that communicates with my Bluetooth device, so I setup a task that sets my media volume to maximum whenever I connect to the device. I then use the Bluetooth device's physical volume control to control volume from there.

Brad

Bittermormon

Mar 25, 2011, 11:49:47 AM3/25/11
to Tasker
so sorry, I just noticed the reply here. I am looking to control it on
my phone. When I connect my headset, my phone seems to automatically
sets the volume to the lowest level. This happens on AOSP roms as well
as Sense roms. Its very frustrating.

Michael Reid

Aug 2, 2013, 2:15:16 PM8/2/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I have the same problem on my Galaxy S4, it goes to about half. I too can't seem to find a Bluetooth specific volume adjustment in tasker yet. When it attaches to the bluetooth device, I have to hit the volume up buttons on the phone everytime.

Did you come up with a solution?

Bob Hansen

Aug 2, 2013, 2:34:23 PM8/2/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com
There is no bluetooth specific volume setting. However, you could create a profile using the bluetooth connected context and the set the volume level to whatever you want. When the bluetooth is disconnected the volume settings would be restored to their pre bluetooth connected state.

Rob Rogers

Aug 2, 2013, 2:46:25 PM8/2/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com

Bob's right, the volumes are the same name whether you're using bluetooth or not, but Android seems to keep some sort of memory of what it was set to and changes back when you switch bluetooth on and off.

One gotcha I found changing volumes is that Tasker was quicker at detecting the bluetooth connection than my phone was at deciding to switch to the remembered volume. I had to put a 250 millisecond delay into the task before changing the volume otherwise it would be overridden by the phone.

Michael Reid

Aug 2, 2013, 3:50:48 PM8/2/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Great thanks Bob, Rob. I'll do this and add that delay to be safe.

Cristian Radulescu

Mar 16, 2018, 7:59:20 AM3/16/18
to Tasker
So, did you manage to find out how to adjust the In-Call vol being connected to BT? I also noticed the need for a delay for setting the media volume after connecting to BT, but I haven't figured out how to make tasker pre-set the in-call volume as I connect to a BT device. Both the In-Call Volume and BT-Voice Volume actions have no impact unless you run them during an actual call...

Thanks!