Cannot import project

Hugo de Graaf

Nov 1, 2016, 8:02:26 AM11/1/16
to Tasker
Some time ago I exported a project. Now I am trying to import it again. I double click a project, select import and select the *.prj.xml file. Tasker returns to the main screen, but the imported project is not there. Any solutions? I use Tasker 4.6 on a rooted stock Android 6.0.1

Hugo de Graaf

Nov 1, 2016, 8:23:39 AM11/1/16
to Tasker
Problem is partly solved by reinstalling Tasker. Now I get error notification that Scene already exist. How to solve?

shykitten55

Nov 1, 2016, 3:50:02 PM11/1/16
to Tasker
As a thought, a project is EVERYTHING IN ONE.

Check you dont have a tab at the bottom of the screen which is used.

Then, check there isnt a scene already existjng in that tab.

If so, delete the scene and try again.

Rich D

Nov 1, 2016, 4:59:22 PM11/1/16
to Tasker Google Groups Post

Scene already exist. How to solve?

You can back up the scene by long pressing scene name / export xml to sd

Then delete the scene.

Clues

Dec 17, 2017, 12:19:18 AM12/17/17
to Tasker
Very annoying issue...

1) One fix is rename the open dup item. This also renames references to the item in any loaded code. When the problem prj loads, it will reference its own copy, not the renamed one.

2) When using anything in a different project, clone it, move to the new project.

3) Another way is by using vars. Set %TRef to "MyTask" and only use the var to call the task. This way Tasker wont try to save/load copies of it in every project that uses it.

4) Edit xml. Tricky and could cause issues if done wrong. But if you have a look at them, you may understand Tasker better. Or get a headache.