grab text from screen after sound is played?

crashintoty

Feb 28, 2015, 5:08:55 AM2/28/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
When a new ride request comes in for the Uber or Lyft app a notification sound is played and the rider's name and address is displayed on the screen until you accept it. After the Lyft or Uber sound is played is there a way to use Tasker to automatically parse or grab the name & pickup address on screen and save it somewhere? If it can't parse or grab the text from the screen can it take a screenshoot and upload it somewhere to be parsed? I'm hoping to use the info to make a cool personalized welcome sign for passengers as I pull up (using LEDs, Arduino and/or Raspberry Pi).

Likkle Swift

Feb 28, 2015, 2:12:07 PM2/28/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
You can grab text from the screen and save it into a variable by using the Autoinput's UI Update.