Tasker randomly completely doesn't work anymore

mizuya

May 28, 2017, 4:15:13 PM5/28/17
to Tasker

I use Tasker daily and more than a year but now nothing works anymore and I don't even know why. Almost no actions can be fired (except stuff like turning on DND mode or browse URL). Almost all tasks just stuck and profiles also don't do anything.

I recently just installed 2 plugins but removed them, but now nothing works. I enabled errors and warning and also get a lot of them (see screenshot), but I'm not sure if Tasker doesn't work anymore because of these errors/warnings.

I also cleared Tasker, uninstalled and reinstalled it and it still doesn't work.

Do you know why or what I can do?

PS: I gave Tasker all permissions, it's a device admin, it's turned on in accessibility settings, it's whitelisted in battery saving, I turned it off and on again several times, I did several restart of the phone, I removed all apps and plugins I installed within the last days etc.

Robert Ryan

May 29, 2017, 12:50:43 AM5/29/17
to Tasker
From the screen shot it looks like tasker is caught kin some kind of infinite loop.

Try moving everything in the Tasker folder to a safe location. Then clear Tasker and add a single profile like this:

Profile: Track WIN (134)
Event: Variable Set
Variable: %WIN
Value: *
User Variables Only: Off

Enter: Anon (135)
A1: Flash
Text: %WIN
Long: Off

Simon Chester

Jun 1, 2017, 5:51:16 AM6/1/17
to Tasker
FWIW about two days ago my install of Tasker went nuts, too - no tasks that use plugins complete correctly. I think it might be related to a background Google services update or something, as I didn't update anything on my phone before it started happening. That's just a guess on my part, though.

mizuya

Jun 1, 2017, 8:42:23 AM6/1/17
to Tasker
Am Donnerstag, 1. Juni 2017 11:51:16 UTC+2 schrieb Simon Chester:
FWIW about two days ago my install of Tasker went nuts, too - no tasks that use plugins complete correctly. I think it might be related to a background Google services update or something, as I didn't update anything on my phone before it started happening. That's just a guess on my part, though.

Hmm did you solve the issue or do you know what to do?

It seems to work but not directly, it's more delayed but more than a minute :/
I mentioned that after using some tasks with flash alerts

mizuya

Jun 1, 2017, 8:43:47 AM6/1/17
to Tasker
I tried and it seems to work at first and after some time it doesn't work anymore :(((

Simon Chester

Jun 1, 2017, 9:09:38 AM6/1/17
to tas...@googlegroups.com
This problem seems to be bigger than Tasker. I'm having Tasks delayed by hours, yes - but not just in Tasker. When I connect my Moto Mod (a pair of speakers) to my phone, I usually receive an immediate on-screen notification and hear a sound.
However today when I connected them, nothing happened (they worked fine, though). Then, three hours after I initially connected them (and had since disconnected them), my phone makes the noise as if they were connected.
I fear that this is some erroneous software update that Google silently pushed out or something.

s_c

Tw | Fb | Li ]

mizuya

Jun 1, 2017, 9:25:18 AM6/1/17
to Tasker
Well, that's really annoying :(((

But which update do you mean? Some like Google play services?

s_c

Tw | Fb | Li ]

Simon Chester

Jun 1, 2017, 9:51:49 AM6/1/17
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Yeah something like that. It's only my guess: just because these problems have only started in the last few days - and I don't remember updating any apps before they began.

s_c

Tw | Fb | Li ]

kalhimeo

Jun 1, 2017, 10:04:25 AM6/1/17
to Tasker
I am facing the exact same problem for a few days !

Other symptom that I noticed since the problem started: when downloading or updating an app from Google Play, it's stuck at 100% download most of the time. Do you face that too ?

I am using a Galaxy S7 (stock - no root)

Simon Chester

Jun 1, 2017, 10:17:07 AM6/1/17
to tas...@googlegroups.com
That exact thing just happened on one of my phones, yes (the other one doesn't have that problem)!
*shakes fist at Google*

s_c

Tw | Fb | Li ]

kalhimeo

Jun 1, 2017, 10:17:24 AM6/1/17
to Tasker
hey I just saw an other topic with problems with AutoInput, and decided to disable the accessibility service of this plugin as a test.

It has only been 5 minutes since I did that, but for the time being it seems to have fixed all the problems that I was facing (late trigger of tasker profile, no installation of google play updates...).

Wait and see...

mizuya

Jun 1, 2017, 10:39:02 AM6/1/17
to Tasker
haha kinda funny, unfortunately the same happens to me, often the update only happens after a long time or after rebooting the phone.

I'm using an Galaxy S8+ with Android 7.0 (stock - no Root)

Simon Chester

Jun 1, 2017, 10:55:24 AM6/1/17
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I don't use AutoInput, only AutoNotification, and it doesn't use an accessibility service.
I disabled then re-enabled Tasker's accessibility service, but it did nothing to fix the problem.

s_c

Tw | Fb | Li ]

mizuya

Jun 1, 2017, 11:34:31 AM6/1/17
to Tasker
I use several Auto-Apps, but not AutoInput and all others I use also don't need accessibility services. I also disabled and re-enabled Tasker's accessibility service, but still everything the same and no hope :/

I also enrolled to Google Play Services Beta, but no changes -.-

Am Donnerstag, 1. Juni 2017 16:04:25 UTC+2 schrieb kalhimeo:
I am facing the exact same problem for a few days !

Other symptom that I noticed since the problem started: when downloading or updating an app from Google Play, it's stuck at 100% download most of the time. Do you face that too ?

I am using a Galaxy S7 (stock - no root)

kalhimeo

Jun 1, 2017, 11:42:56 AM6/1/17
to Tasker
Thanks for your feedback guys.

So I cannot explain why it's working fine again for me at the moment :/

Some other things I did today was removing some Zooper widgets which used tasker triggers, but I don't think that those could have helped

Simon are you also using Samsung Galaxy S hardware ?

Do you both face the PlayStore problem which I described above as well ?

mizuya

Jun 1, 2017, 11:49:13 AM6/1/17
to Tasker
I don't use Zooper, but I use KLWP, which get's data from Tasker and also has a Tasker plugin. I also often fire Tasker tasks by live wallpapers (created by KLWP).

As I said I also use a Samsung device with Android 7.0 and also have the Play Store issues :(

Robert Ryan

Jun 1, 2017, 12:03:33 PM6/1/17
to tas...@googlegroups.com

It might be useful if everyone listed the plug-ins they use, their device model and OS version.

Then we could what everyone has in common, if anything.

Simon Chester

Jun 1, 2017, 12:06:50 PM6/1/17
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I have a Moto Z Play and a Nexus 5 - both have the same problem.
I also use Zooper on the Nexus 5, but not the Moto.

Simon Chester

Jun 1, 2017, 12:15:46 PM6/1/17
to Tasker
For more detailed info:
Nexus 5, PureNexus rom, Android 7.1.1 (upgraded to 7.1.2 today)
Listed below are any plugins or apps that come with a plugin that I use in a task:
AutoHue
AutoNotification (unlocked ver)
AutoSqueeze
Flic
WeatherACE Tasker Plugin
Zooper Widget Pro

Moto Z Play, stock rom, Android 7.0
apps/Plugins
AlarmPad PRO
AutoHue
AutoNotification (unlocked)
AutoSqueeze
Dropsync (Pro key)
MusicBoss (Pebble app - notably my Pebble apps aren't loading correctly anymore, either)
WeatherACE Tasker Plugin

kalhimeo

Jun 1, 2017, 1:17:23 PM6/1/17
to Tasker
Phone : Samsung Galaxy S7 - Android 7.0 (last rom - stock - no root)

All Plugins installed (not necessarily used) :
AlarmPad
AutoApps
AutoInput
AutoNotification
AutoTools
AutoWeb
CalenGoo
FolderSync
Kustom LWP
Keyguard
Galaxy S 3 LED Controller
Secure Settings
Tasks & Notes
Zooper Widget Pro
gReader Pro

Symptoms :
- Tasker tasks do not run, or run with major delays, when started from Zooper widgets or from AutoNotification QuickLaunch tiles. If I run the exact same task from the Tasker application itself, it runs as expected without any lag or delay.
- Applications from Play Store do not install after downloaded (stuck at 100%). A full restart, or killing Play Store and restarting the app, sometimes help to start the installation
- I also noticed that some notifications which I discarded are coming back (ie. I update 2 applications from play store, it shows a notification "2 applications updated", I discard it. Later that day I update an other application, it shows a notification "3 applications updated" with the previous one still shown).

All those symptoms appeared together like 2 days ago. Never had those problems before

PS: since 2 hours my phone works again as expected, the problem disappeared as strangely as it started. I did not try to reboot my phone to see if the fix holds yet (I need to have a functional phone atm).

John Doe

Jun 1, 2017, 1:25:46 PM6/1/17
to Tasker
Two/Three days ago (the rolling out is on going) Google release the Google Play Services v11. As usual the update is totally silent. Since everybody started to have problems more or less at the same time, I really suspect there is something wrong with the update. At the moment I clear data and cache of play services. I didn't have problem until now, so you can check.

Simon Chester

Jun 1, 2017, 1:40:00 PM6/1/17
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I can confirm I am running v11 of Google Play services (v11.0.55 (438-156917137) to be exact)

s_c

Tw | Fb | Li ]

Robert Ryan

Jun 1, 2017, 2:27:19 PM6/1/17
to tas...@googlegroups.com

Perhaps someone can downgrade to a previous version of play services and see if that solves the  problem.

I am not sure what is involved in downgrading, but the previous versions can be found here.

kalhimeo

Jun 1, 2017, 3:38:15 PM6/1/17
to Tasker
So unfortunately the problem re-appeared after a restart of my device.

I am running Google Play Services 1.10, so it may not come from the recent update.

I still try to figure out what did I do to temporarily fix the problem (I tried to disable AutoInput accessibility services again but that did not work, must have done something else).

John Doe

Jun 1, 2017, 3:53:16 PM6/1/17
to Tasker
Version 1.10 doesn't exist

kalhimeo

Jun 1, 2017, 4:10:48 PM6/1/17
to Tasker
I can only find "Google Play Services for Instant Apps" in my app list, and version is 1.10-release-157265822

Let me know if there is an other place to search because I can't see anything else atm

John Doe

Jun 1, 2017, 4:24:09 PM6/1/17
to Tasker
Totally different app. Maybe you don't have the app installed (it seems strange, maybe custom rom without play store?) or you need to list every system apps.

mizuya

Jun 2, 2017, 8:43:50 AM6/2/17
to Tasker
Ok, because of Home Office I stayed at home last 2 days and yesterday I went to Office and now everything works again. The only things I know I changed are:

  • I turned off Wi-Fi
  • I enabled LTE (mobile data)
  • I disabled and enabled Bluetooth

Else anything was completely the same, I didn't enabled/disabled anything, I didn't install/uninstall stuff and also used everything the same way (except Tasker obviously), but then everything started working correctly again.

For now everything works again and didn't stop working since yesterday. Next time something like this happens I/we should check and consider the radios (Wi-Fi, mobile data, Bluetooth etc.) as a/the culprit.

Hope this helps anyone here

kalhimeo

Jun 2, 2017, 8:51:34 AM6/2/17
to Tasker
John : I have no idea why it does not show on my Galaxy S7 (stock) although I enabled the system app listing

mizuya : does it still work after a phone restart ? I also have my phone working again today without doing anything special : I put it on the charger yesterday with the problem still there, and magically this morning when I woke up the problem was gone. I am afraid that if I restart my phone the problem will come back as it did yesterday.

mizuya

Jun 2, 2017, 9:15:21 AM6/2/17
to Tasker
haha this is very interesting. I did a restart for you and Tasker stopped working again...

I tried several Tasker tasks (inside and outside of Tasker), but nothing happend.

Then I really just turned off Wi-Fi and got several flash alerts (from Tasker tasks, I previously added them to know if/when they're running). So turning Wi-Fi off solved the issue for me 😐 Then I opened Tasker and got the error/warning, that more than 20 (my limit) tasks were queued and it won't accept more tasks.

Now everything works again.

I'm happy to know that this solves the issues (for now and for me), but I'm not sure what to do with this info. Is it a issue/problem caused by Tasker app, Samsung hardware/software, Android OS, Google services, Plugin's code or something completely different or maybe all together?

Simon Chester

Jun 2, 2017, 9:22:04 AM6/2/17
to tas...@googlegroups.com
FWIW, Tasker worked for me briefly this morning, but doesn't any longer.
Turning Wifi on/off doesn't fix it, either - even temporarily.

s_c

Tw | Fb | Li ]

mizuya

Jun 2, 2017, 9:32:46 AM6/2/17
to Tasker
Did you also try enabling and disabling Mobile Data and Bluetooth? @Simon

s_c

Tw | Fb | Li ]

Simon Chester

Jun 2, 2017, 10:05:26 AM6/2/17
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Mobile data is permanently disabled on my Nexus 5, and I've disabled Tasker on my Moto Z Play until this is fixed.
I tried disabling/re-enabling WiFi and BT at the same time on the Nexus 5, but it didn't solve the problem

s_c

Tw | Fb | Li ]

mizuya

Jun 2, 2017, 10:53:50 AM6/2/17
to Tasker
Well fuck, now Tasker doesn't work anymore and can't get it working 😂

This whole situation is so fucked up and annoying, spending hours trying to fix the issues, but nothing works and everything is so foggy and leading to nothing 😒

Simon Chester

Jun 2, 2017, 11:01:40 AM6/2/17
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I knoooow! It was driving me crazy yesterday. I've now given up - I don't think there's anything we can do, as it looks like it'll require a change either from Google or Tasker.
So just sit back and wait... much less frustrating, I find.

s_c

Tw | Fb | Li ]

On 2 June 2017 at 15:53, mizuya <realm...@gmail.com> wrote:
Well fuck, now Tasker doesn't work anymore and can't get it working 😂

This whole situation is so fucked up and annoying, spending hours trying to fix the issues, but nothing works and everything is so foggy and leading to nothing 😒

John Doe

Jun 2, 2017, 11:05:47 AM6/2/17
to Tasker
Did you try what I said? It worked for me.

Simon Chester

Jun 2, 2017, 12:31:54 PM6/2/17
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Clear data/cache on Google Play? Yeah, I did - didn't work for me.

s_c

Tw | Fb | Li ]

On 2 June 2017 at 16:05, John Doe <playappa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Did you try what I said? It worked for me.

kalhimeo

Jun 2, 2017, 12:56:21 PM6/2/17
to Tasker
this problem is very strange indeed, it just re-appeared now without even me restarting the phone

Did anyone already tried to wipe the phone ?

John Doe

John Doe

Jun 2, 2017, 1:03:07 PM6/2/17
to Tasker
Another thing you can try is to uninstall Google Play services updates from android settings (it turns back to the original fw version) then update again.

mizuya

Jun 2, 2017, 1:22:13 PM6/2/17
to Tasker
John Doe:
Did you try what I said? It worked for me.

Cleared cache and deleted all data

John Doe:
Another thing you can try is to uninstall Google Play services updates from android settings (it turns back to the original fw version) then update again.

I uninstalled Google Play Services and set back to original FW version, still didn't work, deactivated it, still didn't work, enabled it, still din't work and updated to recent version, still doesn't work 😔

I now use Google Play Services Beta, still doesn't work 😔

I also updated to the Tasker 5.0 Beta, still doesn't work 😔

Ian Grody

Jun 3, 2017, 11:52:56 AM6/3/17
to Tasker
I can confirm thia issue on multiple devicea from 5.0 to 7.1.2

Google App (itaelf) 7.2.21.26 and above have this issue.

Google App 7.1.28.21 and below will fix the issues, for now.

i did reset my phone over this, installed Google App 7.2.21.26 and then Tasker, it was fine for 3 days and today the issue crops up. that's the odd one for me.

Hope this helps.

Ian Grody

Jun 4, 2017, 8:28:30 AM6/4/17
to Tasker
com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox

Rich D

Jun 4, 2017, 8:34:40 AM6/4/17
to Tasker Google Groups Post

com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox

Seems a bit cryptic .....

Message has been deleted

Robert Ryan

Jun 4, 2017, 3:10:43 PM6/4/17
to Tasker
Ian Grody discovered the solution in his post earier in this thread. This is caused by a bug in the newer versions of the Google app. Installing version 7.1.29.21.arm seems to solve the problem.

The procedure I used:
1. Go to the Google App page in the Playstore -> 3-dot menu -> turn of auto-update

2. Uninstall the Google App

3. Download the previous version https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/google-search/google-search-7-1-29-release/google-app-7-1-29-21-arm-android-apk-download/download/

4. Install

Message has been deleted

mizuya

Jun 5, 2017, 12:50:06 AM6/5/17
to Tasker
Can confirm, now everything works again! I'm so happy ;)

Thank you and Ian Grody so much for posting this ❤

kalhimeo

Jun 5, 2017, 1:29:45 AM6/5/17
to Tasker
I do confim that too, Google app was the culprit.

No more problems after uninstall. Thank you very much for the finding !!

Simon Chester

Jun 5, 2017, 5:04:59 AM6/5/17
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Oddly, Tasker now works normally again on my Moto Z Play, but not on my Nexus 5. Both have the same version of Tasker, Google Play Services, and Google Search, yet my Moto Z Play started working properly again yesterday, while the Nexus hasn't.
I might try downgrading the Google app on the Nexus, but given that something fixed itself on the Moto Z Play, I might also just wait a bit longer to see if the Nexus fixes itself too.

s_c

Tw | Fb | Li ]

On 5 June 2017 at 06:29, kalhimeo <kalh...@gmail.com> wrote:
I do confim that too, Google app was the culprit.

No more problems after uninstall. Thank you very much for the finding !!

Simon Chester

Jun 5, 2017, 6:34:21 AM6/5/17
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Aaaaand it's stopped working again on my Moto Z Play after more than 24 hours of working perfectly.

s_c

Tw | Fb | Li ]

Pent

Jun 5, 2017, 8:17:12 AM6/5/17
to Tasker
People who can reproduce this problem in the task edit screen with the play button: could
you post or send a log:

http://tasker.dinglisch.net/userguide/en/faqs/faq-how.html#x2

Thanks,

Pent

mizuya

Jun 5, 2017, 2:53:41 PM6/5/17
to Tasker
I also just disabled Google app completely, I rather throw away Google app than living without Tasker #TaskerIsLive!

Am Montag, 5. Juni 2017 07:29:45 UTC+2 schrieb kalhimeo:
I do confim that too, Google app was the culprit.

No more problems after uninstall. Thank you very much for the finding !!

Why don't you just downgrade? You won't lose any features and Assistant is already there (I read)

Karl Wood

Jun 7, 2017, 3:46:13 PM6/7/17
to Tasker

On Monday, 5 June 2017 19:53:41 UTC+1, mizuya wrote:
I also just disabled Google app completely, I rather throw away Google app than living without Tasker #TaskerIsLive!

My S7 is still working but this issue is something I'd like to prepare for. I need voice search, because I have a hand tremor, so I've got an AutoVoice profile "search $query" triggered by the Recognise shortcut that calls the Tasker search action on the Samsung Internet browser (two choices: that or Google Now).

kalhimeo

Jun 10, 2017, 9:30:17 AM6/10/17
to Tasker
Did anyone tried the new version of the google app released yesterday ?

Robert Ryan

Jun 10, 2017, 10:07:32 AM6/10/17
to tas...@googlegroups.com
If it is version 7.4.16, then yes I tried it. The problem is still there :-(

Simon Chester

Jun 10, 2017, 10:23:25 AM6/10/17
to tas...@googlegroups.com
My phone has been working fine now for a few days.
I *think* I 'force stopped' the Google app a few days ago, but I can't remember (as I definitely force stopped it on my other phone, which also works fine now, too).

s_c

Tw | Fb | Li ]

On 10 June 2017 at 15:07, Robert Ryan <rbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
If it is version 7.4.16, then yes I tried it. The problem is still there :-(

Kristian Tigersjäl

Jun 16, 2017, 3:43:41 PM6/16/17
to Tasker
Seems I'm hit by this mysterious issue as well. Symptome is plugins sometimes not working. Often when going into the plugin edit screen, they work for a while again but not for long. Anything you can do about this Pent or is downgrading the only way? What is the latest known version of google app to be ok?

Robert Ryan

Jun 16, 2017, 6:04:55 PM6/16/17
to Tasker

On Friday, June 16, 2017 at 1:43:41 PM UTC-6, Kristian Tigersjäl wrote:
 What is the latest known version of google app to be ok?

7.1.29.21.arm

Pent

Jun 17, 2017, 4:30:09 AM6/17/17
to Tasker

On Friday, 16 June 2017 21:43:41 UTC+2, Kristian Tigersjäl wrote:
Seems I'm hit by this mysterious issue as well. Symptome is plugins sometimes not working. Often when going into the plugin edit screen, they work for a while again but not for long. Anything you can do about this Pent or is downgrading the only way? What is the latest known version of google app to be ok?

I'm hoping someone can send me a log when it fails in the task edit screen:

http://tasker.dinglisch.net/userguide/en/faqs/faq-how.html#x2

Pent

Kristian Tigersjäl

Jun 17, 2017, 5:19:17 AM6/17/17
to Tasker

The problem is that it mostly happens when the screen is off. I've only once seen it when working in the edit screen. The error then seemed random and strange, something I've never seen before. Would it help keeping the log on while the error occurs during screen off time?

Mvh Kristian

/ Kristian Tigersjäl

Pent

Jun 17, 2017, 7:23:04 AM6/17/17
to Tasker

On Saturday, 17 June 2017 11:19:17 UTC+2, Kristian Tigersjäl wrote:

The problem is that it mostly happens when the screen is off. I've only once seen it when working in the edit screen. The error then seemed random and strange, something I've never seen before. Would it help keeping the log on while the error occurs during screen off time?

If you can't catch it the other way it's better than nothing, just makes interpreting the log a little
harder.

Pent

Kristian Tigersjäl

Jun 17, 2017, 7:25:42 AM6/17/17
to Tasker

I'm going to put my mind into it as soon as I have the time. Hopefully tonight.

/ Kristian Tigersjäl

Kristian Tigersjäl

Jun 17, 2017, 1:59:39 PM6/17/17
to Tasker
Last night I opted in on the google app beta using the toggle in the play store app. It was just on a hunch. Tonight I tried triggering a plugin failure to send a log to Pent. I wasn’t able to, everything worked, tried every plugin, including one that always failed with screen off. I don’t know if this fix is permanent or just a temporary reaction to switching version of the google app, but I thought I’d let you know.
--

/ Kristian Tigersjäl

Robert Sandberg

Jun 17, 2017, 2:54:14 PM6/17/17
to Tasker
I also updated to the Google App beta, but still no go.
I've just sent the logfile to the email listed in Tasker.

Kristian Tigersjäl

Jun 17, 2017, 3:03:57 PM6/17/17
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I’ll let you know if my solution with the beta ends up being temporary.

Kristian

/ Kristian Tigersjäl via Airmail

On 17 June 2017 at 20:54:26, Robert Sandberg (robert....@gmail.com) wrote:

I also updated to the Google App beta, but still no go.
I've just sent the logfile to the email listed in Tasker.

Pent

Jun 18, 2017, 2:19:59 AM6/18/17
to Tasker

I've just sent the logfile to the email listed in Tasker.

Thanks.

It was the HTML Read plugin that failed, right ?

According to the log it timed out after 60 seconds, so either the plugin
didn't receive the broadcast, took too long to do its thing, or
the reply didn't reach Tasker.

I can't see with this log what the plugin is saying.

I would like to see first if we can rule out the 'took too long to do its
thing' first. Do you have a plugin that should take maximally a few seconds to
complete and doesn't involve network ?

Finally, if you can make a bug report instead of the Tasker-only log, we
might be able to see what the plugin/Android is saying:

http://tasker.dinglisch.net/userguide/en/faqs/faq-how.html#x

Thanks,

Pent

gtridr

Jun 18, 2017, 6:52:07 PM6/18/17
to Tasker
Hello,
I just submitted a bug report (tasker run log included) of an AutoNotification action failing on the task edit screen.

For reference, I am using a Pixel XL 128GB, running latest 7.1.2 (stock, unrooted, June 5 security patch)
I moved back to Google App v7.4.19.21 in order to take the report (I had already downgraded to 7.1.28.21 for stability's sake)

Based on the run log, Tasker does appear to think it has successfully fired the action, which exits as "OK", but then the task exits with an error at the end of the action timeout.
My running theory is that the Google app has somehow been messing with broadcast intents, as the actions never show up in the plugin's run log.

Honestly the strangest part about this bug is how intermittent and random the effects are. The fact that it is also messing with Play store downloads and Deactivation of device administrators makes it very difficult to pinpoint the source.

gtridr

Jun 18, 2017, 7:13:49 PM6/18/17
to Tasker
For the record, Ian Grody has further documented this issue further on Google +, including a video before/after downgrading to 7.1.28.21.

Pent

Jun 19, 2017, 2:04:05 AM6/19/17
to Tasker

I just submitted a bug report (tasker run log included) of an AutoNotification action failing on the task edit screen.

Submitted where ?

Pent

gtridr

Jun 19, 2017, 2:50:42 AM6/19/17
to Tasker
I sent the report to the email listed in preferences>info>support. Probably should've mentioned that, sorry.

Kristian Tigersjäl

Jun 24, 2017, 4:50:54 PM6/24/17
to Tasker
Some time has passed and I've emailed logs from failing inside the edit screen as requested. Are we getting any closer to fixing this? It's really annoying :-(

Pent

Jun 25, 2017, 2:33:05 AM6/25/17
to Tasker

Some time has passed

Sorry, I'm pretty busy preparing the next update ATM.

and I've emailed logs from failing inside the edit screen as requested.

Unfortunately you only sent me the Tasker log, I need a 'bugreport' as mentioned in my last post
because with the Tasker log I can't see what the plugin or Android are saying.

Pent

Pent

Jun 25, 2017, 3:26:32 AM6/25/17
to Tasker
I've made a sticky thread for this issue:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/tasker/BnuHALkPna0

I don't need another bug report as it turns out.
Pent

Kristian Tigersjäl

Jun 25, 2017, 5:15:51 AM6/25/17
to Tasker

Sad to see nothing can be done. A thread over at Google+ seems to be conclude that Google doesn't care about too. :-(

/ Kristian Tigersjäl

Ian Grody

Jul 1, 2017, 5:29:47 PM7/1/17
to Tasker
The current beta versions are not impacted. 7.6.9.21 and 7.6.10.21 appear to be working as expected without any issues.

7.4.x brought a whole new issue to me. SMS would not be received. Delivery report would not reply for approximately 15 minutes. It took the same time to actually get the SMS.

I'm glad Google have finally assigned it, they may just push the 7.6.x betas currently for release, as that does appear to be a fix for all my devices, 5.0-7.1.2 arm/arm64/x86.

Pent

Jul 2, 2017, 3:24:52 AM7/2/17
to Tasker

Maybe you could add this comment to the issue I submitted:

https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/63049704

Pent

Kristian Tigersjäl

Jul 2, 2017, 11:52:21 AM7/2/17
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I’m nothing improvements but are still having issues with one plugin. This may however be the fault of the plugin and not the bug, who knows.

/ Kristian Tigersjäl via Airmail

Robert Ryan

Jul 2, 2017, 6:25:19 PM7/2/17
to tas...@googlegroups.com

@ Kristian Tigersjäl
Which plug-in?

Kristian Tigersjäl

Jul 3, 2017, 12:08:25 PM7/3/17
to tas...@googlegroups.com

Remotestick

On Mon, Jul 3, 2017, 00:25 Robert Ryan <rbr...@gmail.com> wrote:

@ Kristian Tigersjäl
Which plug-in?

/ Kristian Tigersjäl

kalhimeo

Aug 3, 2017, 4:48:13 PM8/3/17
to Tasker
Do you guys also start to have the problem again with version 7.7.18.21 which has just been released ?

Robert Ryan

Aug 3, 2017, 6:41:06 PM8/3/17
to tas...@googlegroups.com

Version 7.7.18.21 seems to work fine for me.

Ian Grody

Aug 8, 2017, 4:27:54 PM8/8/17
to Tasker
version 7.7 is shot for me on MM and N7.1.2

Andrea Borgia

Aug 8, 2017, 5:04:16 PM8/8/17
to Tasker
Il giorno giovedì 3 agosto 2017 22:48:13 UTC+2, kalhimeo ha scritto:
Do you guys also start to have the problem again with version 7.7.18.21 which has just been released ?

Unfortunaly, yeah, it doesn't work.
(Nexus 5X, august patch)

Andrea Borgia

Aug 8, 2017, 5:09:31 PM8/8/17
to Tasker

Il giorno domenica 28 maggio 2017 22:15:13 UTC+2, mizuya ha scritto:

I use Tasker daily and more than a year but now nothing works anymore and I don't even know why. Almost no actions can be fired (except stuff

After learning of this broadcast bug, which affects my ability to scan NFC tags via plugin, I gave shortcuts a spin but apparently those, too, are affected.
Can anyone confirm or deny shortcuts to a specific task are working?

Ian Grody

Jun 11, 2019, 8:29:02 AM6/11/19
to Tasker
Heads up, this bug is back again for a 3rd year running. 9.31.8.21.arm64 with May Security patch for Pie also contains the bug.

Xperia XZP Stock Pie (9.0) and Xperia XA2 9.0 both on May 2019 patch.

All rooted/custom ROMs unaffected.