Using Autovoice+Tasker to control Podcast Addict via Intents works only when the app is displayed

341 zobrazení
Přeskočit na první nepřečtenou zprávu

rbl

nepřečteno,
22. 9. 2016 8:16:2622.09.16
komu: Tasker

I have set up some voice commands in Autovoice & Tasker to play, pause, rewind Podcast Addict. It works intermittently at best, frequently just doing a chrome search instead even though it understood my spoken command correctly. It seems to work reliably only if Podcast Addict is the actively displayed app. But this is useless since I want to use it when using other apps such as google navigation. I have tried launching Podcast Addict as the first thing in the task, but this hasn't helped. I tried the following tasks to rewind a podcast that is being played:

(1)
Send Intent: com.bambuna.podcastaddict.service.player.jumpbackward

(2)
Launch App: Podcast Addict
Wait: 3 seconds
Send Intent:com.bambuna.podcastaddict.service.player.jumpbackward

In Profiles, I have setup an AutoVoice Recognized Command to call the relevant task.

Neither of these worked reliably. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

XPeria Z3 Compact, Marshmallow.

Xavier Guillemané

nepřečteno,
22. 9. 2016 16:09:5022.09.16
komu: Tasker
I'm the developer of Podcast Addict.
You should be able to 'fix' this by going into the app Settings/Player/Remote controls and by enabling 'Keep listening to ext controls'
Please contact me first in case of an issue so I can help (Settings/Feedback)
Thanks

rbl

nepřečteno,
23. 9. 2016 4:09:1923.09.16
komu: Tasker
Thanks very much. I'll give that a go.
Presumably then I do not need to have "Launch App: Podcast Addict, Wait: 3 second" in the task?
Zpráva byla smazána

rbl

nepřečteno,
26. 9. 2016 6:23:2426.09.16
komu: Tasker
Unfortunately it still doesn't work but I have more information.

It seems to be Google Maps when it is actually navigating that causes the problem. When Google Maps is just displayed, but not in navigation mode, then everything seemed to work.

The error message I hear is, e.g. "Not sure how to help with 'rewind podcast' "

Any ideas?

Probably irrelevant, but I am logged into two google accounts on my phone

On Thursday, 22 September 2016 21:09:50 UTC+1, Xavier Guillemané wrote:

rbl

nepřečteno,
4. 10. 2016 3:54:4304.10.16
komu: Tasker
Anyone? Tasker/AutoVoice not controlling Podcast Addict (by sending intents) when another app such as Google Maps is also running in foreground... It works fine when Podcast Addict is running in foreground ...

Janis Froehlig

nepřečteno,
5. 6. 2018 22:49:0405.06.18
komu: Tasker
Sorry to be grave-digging, but if I'm out here scoping things out, it's likely this gets more views than just mine.  My educated guess is that Google Navigation is using the microphone, and it has to do that exclusively when it's in the foreground (displayed).  You can't use the camera with more than one app at a time, either.  Android, as far as I can tell, doesn't have a feature like AutoVoice that forwards actual commands to apps as intents. It lets apps use the hardware.  So, even Google Assistant is set up to commandeer all the voice input, interprets it, and then sends intents to the app (calendar, timer, search, w.e) to procure the action.  Google Apps are notoriously greedy and isolationist, given the interference of other apps has so often been what caused things in GApps not to work.  (that's why GMaps doesn't use the voices we install as default.)  So, unless you want to use a navigation app that will let you override its voice input altogether, or just doesn't have voice operation at all, my guess is you're out of luck.  Hit the home button to minimize Google Navigation to the notification area, and it should work.
Odpovědět všem
Odpověď autorovi
Přeposlat
0 nových zpráv