Sudden runaway CPU usage and then monitor crash/restart

Steve Rothkin

Sep 11, 2016, 10:40:49 AM9/11/16
to Tasker
Yesterday I noticed the my Nexus 6 (running stock rooted Marshmallow 6.0.1) was running quite hot a few minutes after I had ended GPS navigation and disconnected power.

I used SystemPanel Lite to check which processes were using the CPU and I noticed that tasker was very active and its CPU usage wasn't going down. I included a couple of screen shots from SystemPanel Lite to show this.

I turned on the tasker run log and waited a couple of minutes but nothing appeared in the run log so I turned it off.

I then turned on the tasker debug log and started capturing an android bug report file. Shortly after that (within a minute or two, not sure the exact timing), the tasker monitor crashed and restarted (and my startup task triggered another bug report as a result).

I rebooted after the bug reports were done and tasker appeared fine after that. Still I find the runaway CPU (and battery) usage and subsequent crash (after maybe as much as 20 minutes of the runaway usage) to be concerning.

I zipped all the above files and attached them here.
Screenshot_20160910-175930.png
Screenshot_20160910-180102.png
Log.zip
wait log.txt

Steve Rothkin

Sep 11, 2016, 10:41:44 AM9/11/16
to Tasker
Attaching bug report 1 separately
bugreport-2016-09-10-18-02-24.zip

Steve Rothkin

Sep 11, 2016, 10:42:19 AM9/11/16
to Tasker
And attaching bug report 2 separately
bugreport.zip

Steve Rothkin

Sep 11, 2016, 10:43:37 AM9/11/16
to Tasker
Attaching backup of my tasker setup.

Sorry for the multiple posts - originally I had everything in one zip file, but google groups said the size was too big.

On Sunday, September 11, 2016 at 10:40:49 AM UTC-4, Steve Rothkin wrote:
backup.xml