Beta - "the server reports the order code is already asigned to a device"

Tim Vanduren

Dec 2, 2016, 6:05:21 AM12/2/16
to Tasker
Hi Pent,

I bought Tasker several years ago so I have a code instead of buying it from playstore.
I just installed the Beta and was messing around and tried the: "check for new version" option and got the message I quoted in the title.
It's true I have tasker installed on 2 devices, my old S5 which I use for gaming only nowadays and my new OP3.

Is this because of the beta or do I really have to uninstall tasker on one of these devices?
This seems a bit odd, because when you buy it on google play you can use it on any device where you are logged in on...

Ofcourse I still have the emails proving my order!

Regards

Pent

Dec 2, 2016, 10:19:18 AM12/2/16
to Tasker

I just installed the Beta and was messing around and tried the: "check for new version" option and got the message I quoted in the title.
It's true I have tasker installed on 2 devices, my old S5 which I use for gaming only nowadays and my new OP3.

Is this because of the beta or do I really have to uninstall tasker on one of these devices?

You're only supposed to have it on one device, but the checking isn't very strict.

This seems a bit odd, because when you buy it on google play you can use it on any device where you are logged in on...

That's one reason it was cheaper than the Play Store version when you
bought it.

In any case, you can't update from the beta to the old stable version,
Androi won't allow decreasing version numbers.

If you don't want to wait for the stable release, you would have to
delete Tasker, install stable and restore your backup.

Pent
Message has been deleted