Tasker 4.7b15

Pent

May 19, 2015, 9:35:36 AM5/19/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
http://tasker.dinglisch.net/beta.html

Final 4.7 beta I hope:

        <LI>change: Time context: use AM/PM format if that's user's global preference
        <LI>change: profile list: use AM/PM format if that's user's global preference
        <LI>bugfix: attempting to export project without icon gave spurious log warning
        <LI>change: app creation: plugins can be deselected in Required Plugins section of kid config screen

Pent

Pent

May 19, 2015, 9:38:19 AM5/19/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com, crafty...@gmail.com
p.s. there's a new app factory version for this beta.

Pent

Sean Williams

May 19, 2015, 11:32:45 AM5/19/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
<LI>change: app creation: plugins can be deselected in Required Plugins section of kid config screen

This will be really useful. Thanks

Richard Finegold

May 20, 2015, 6:20:18 AM5/20/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Bug: When creating a profile, using the filter option for an Event or State has non-Plugin items using the icon of the previously used category.
For example, if I type "f" to filter State, they'll have the App category icon (rocket). If I backspace or back out of that filter, then choose and back out of the Phone category, then filter on "f", then they'll have that icon. As of 4.7b15m (and 4.7b11m); hadn't noticed previously.

Also, in the Run Log, some of the Datestamp lines will disappear if any of Profile/Task/Action are toggled off. I'm unable to predict which will disappear, but I wish they'd all stay (to help with scrolling when all are toggles are turned off). I also wish the Time column was narrowed to its content and the ID column was slightly wider to accommodate long ID entries.

As of en.102 documentation: Flow Control doesn't yet have eq/neq/~R/!~R/Even/Odd. Also, Test Net and Test Variable don't mention the types (e.g. one can use Test Net to get the SSID rather than splitting %WIFII).

Ping Flood

May 20, 2015, 9:23:29 AM5/20/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Bug: Wait label changes to the same as the action near to it.
If you move the action, the label will change too.

Check attached screenshots.

I noticed this few versions ago (Can't recall which one. Reinstalled b11 and the issue exists), but thought it could be a temporary issue since you was working on Wait label.

Regards
Screenshot_2015-05-20-10-08-56.png
Screenshot_2015-05-20-10-09-04.png
Screenshot_2015-05-20-10-09-10.png

Wayne Longford

May 20, 2015, 11:34:54 AM5/20/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
The main tabs bar disappears if i long press any profile/task/scene/var.

On rooted Note 4 LP 5.0.1

Also, shameless request, could you have a look at this possible UI bug (pre beta, but still occurs in b15). Thanks!

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/tasker/6Q9G26EX7Do

Pent

May 22, 2015, 4:46:02 AM5/22/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com, wlong...@gmail.com

The main tabs bar disappears if i long press any profile/task/scene/var.

On rooted Note 4 LP 5.0.1

ROM problem I would expect. It should be replaced with options for the long-clicked thing.

I remember that problem in pre-release Lollipop ROMs, perhaps it didn't get removed
from yours.

Also, shameless request, could you have a look at this possible UI bug (pre beta, but still occurs in b15). Thanks!

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/tasker/6Q9G26EX7Do

Noted.

Pent

Pent

May 22, 2015, 4:47:41 AM5/22/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com, ping...@gmail.com

Bug: Wait label changes to the same as the action near to it.
If you move the action, the label will change too.

Heh, that's weird, thanks.

Pent

Pent

May 22, 2015, 6:18:51 AM5/22/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com, gold...@gmail.com

Bug: When creating a profile, using the filter option for an Event or State has non-Plugin items using the icon of the previously used category.
For example, if I type "f" to filter State, they'll have the App category icon (rocket). If I backspace or back out of that filter, then choose and back out of the Phone category, then filter on "f", then they'll have that icon. As of 4.7b15m (and 4.7b11m); hadn't noticed previously.

Fixed, thanks. Also changed action selection icons displayed to match category.

Also, in the Run Log, some of the Datestamp lines will disappear if any of Profile/Task/Action are toggled off. I'm unable to predict which will disappear, but I wish they'd all stay (to help with scrolling when all are toggles are turned off). I also wish the Time column was narrowed to its content and the ID column was slightly wider to accommodate long ID entries.

Done for both of those.

As of en.102 documentation: Flow Control doesn't yet have eq/neq/~R/!~R/Even/Odd. Also, Test Net and Test Variable don't mention the types (e.g. one can use Test Net to get the SSID rather than splitting %WIFII).

Thanks!

Pent

Richard Finegold

May 22, 2015, 8:41:15 AM5/22/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com, gold...@gmail.com
Great! Looking forward to those, especially the ID widening. Wondering what it'll look like with Action selection icons matching category.

A weird bug: if I enable a profile with a Proximity Sensor state (I have one with that + Display On event + app, for detecting accidental power on in pocket), each time I activate the proximity sensor, the profiles list scrolls to the top, even in a project that doesn't include said profile. If I turn off the profile and disable+enable Tasker, I don't observe that behavior. Occurs in B15, seems to happen regardless of sort order (I usually use User, also happens with Age either Newer/Older first, Alphabetic). Moto G, 4.4.4.

Rich D

May 23, 2015, 9:47:19 AM5/23/15
to Tasker Google Groups Post

I am pretty sure this came in with one of the betas in this series but cant be sure when.  This one was a real PITA to figure out....  Get this....

Compare the 2 tasks below.  The only difference in them is the length of the variable name %test vs %testlong.  In the first one "variable join short' the flashes show a,b before the join action and a,b after the join action as expected.

In the second one 'Varible join long' the flashes show a,b before the join but then show b,a after the join....

Variable Join Short (815)
A1: Variable Set [ Name:%test1 To:a Do Maths:Off Append:Off ]
A2: Variable Set [ Name:%test2 To:b Do Maths:Off Append:Off ]
A3: Flash [ Text:%test() Long:Off ]
A4: Variable Join [ Name:%test Joiner:, Delete Parts:Off ]
A5: Flash [ Text:%test Long:Off ]

Variable Join Long (814)
A1: Variable Set [ Name:%testlong1 To:a Do Maths:Off Append:Off ]
A2: Variable Set [ Name:%testlong2 To:b Do Maths:Off Append:Off ]
A3: Flash [ Text:%testlong() Long:Off ]
A4: Variable Join [ Name:%testlong Joiner:, Delete Parts:Off ]
A5: Flash [ Text:%testlong Long:Off ]

I have a rooted Motorola Droid 4 / Stock ROM   / Tasker  /  Version: 4.7b15m / Android version 4.1.2

Richard Finegold

May 24, 2015, 6:03:33 AM5/24/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com

In the second one 'Varible join long' the flashes show a,b before the join but then show b,a after the join....

Just on a whim, I tried this, and I'm unable to reproduce this behavior. (Created Long, ran it, as expected; created Short, ran it, ran Long.)

Bug/limitation, another in Popup Errors/Warnings: When the "Log Contents" popup comes up at the launch of Tasker, if there's a lot of content, it often won't scroll, unless there's a hyperlink. For example, a two action task:
   Variable Section [ Name:%TIMES From:8 Length:3 Store Result In:%time ]
   Perform Task [ Name:%time ]
invoked multiple times, shows only the first several that fit the display (on my 4.4.4 Moto G: 12 in portrait, 10 in landscape). However, if I also run a task that does an HTTP Get from server:port "tasker.example.com" (error: Unknown Host) then it will be scrollable.
That's odd: on my 4.2 TouchPad "Schizoid" (PAC-ROM), it only displays the last several and makes the timestamps hyperlinks (as phone numbers). ROM-dependent?

Rich D

May 24, 2015, 8:19:09 AM5/24/15
to Tasker Google Groups Post

> I am pretty sure this came in with one of the betas in this series but cant be sure when.  This one was a real PITA to figure out....  Get this....
>
> Compare the 2 tasks below.  The only difference in them is the length of the variable name %test vs %testlong.  In the first one "variable join short' the flashes show a,b before the join action and a,b after the join action as expected.

Here is the log ..  ran 'variable join short' first then ran 'variable join long'

variable_join_log.txt

Rich D

May 24, 2015, 3:07:04 PM5/24/15
to Tasker Google Groups Post

> Bug/limitation, another in Popup Errors/Warnings: When the "Log Contents" popup comes up at the launch of Tasker, if there's a lot of content, it often won't scroll, unless there's a hyperlink. For example, a two action task:
>    Variable Section [ Name:%TIMES From:8 Length:3 Store Result In:%time ]
>    Perform Task [ Name:%time ]
> invoked multiple times, shows only the first several that fit the display (on my 4.4.4 Moto G: 12 in portrait, 10 in landscape). However, if I also run a task that does an HTTP Get from server:port "tasker.example.com" (error: Unknown Host) then it will be scrollable.
> That's odd: on my 4.2 TouchPad "Schizoid" (PAC-ROM), it only displays the last several and makes the timestamps hyperlinks (as phone numbers). ROM-dependent?

On my device. My errors are always scrollable but they always have the time stamps as hyperlinks.

rayson

May 25, 2015, 6:37:03 AM5/25/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
In regards to the variable join bug, it's not just the variable name length. I also get odd results increasing the number of variables. If you extend Rich D's variable join short task to 3 or more variables I get b,a,c (or b,a,c,d, and b,e,a,c,d, etc). And for his variable join long task I get b,c,a (or b,c,a,d and b,c,a,e,d etc).

Pent

May 25, 2015, 9:09:59 AM5/25/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com, gold...@gmail.com
@Richard:

> Also, Test Net and Test Variable don't mention the types (e.g. one can use Test Net to get the SSID rather than splitting %WIFII).

I'm not going to list all the possibilities in the help text, but I added searching of such multiple-choice action/event/state parameters to the Search Tasker menu item in the main screen, so if someone searches for e.g. SSID it will show the Test Net action in the search results.

Pent

Pent

May 25, 2015, 12:30:07 PM5/25/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com, ricp...@gmail.com

> Compare the 2 tasks below.  The only difference in them is the length of the variable name %test vs %testlong.  In the first one "variable join short' the flashes show a,b before the join action and a,b after the join action as expected.

Here is the log ..  ran 'variable join short' first then ran 'variable join long

I can see it happening in your log but can't reproduce it :-)

Looking at the code, I can only find one place something iffy might be randomly happening, so I've changed that.

In case it wasn't that, I added some more logging.

Pent

VOz

May 26, 2015, 3:08:24 AM5/26/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Pent.
Since some betas or even earlier.

State "Call Outgoing *" hangs on if USSD has been sent

android 444. CM11.

Pent

May 27, 2015, 5:08:47 AM5/27/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com, gold...@gmail.com

Bug/limitation, another in Popup Errors/Warnings: When the "Log Contents" popup comes up at the launch of Tasker, if there's a lot of content, it often won't scroll, unless there's a hyperlink.

Should be fixed next update, thanks.

Pent

Paul Vanderperren

May 27, 2015, 5:16:55 AM5/27/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Not sure this is a current beta-issue (could very well be an age-old problem), and even not quite sure it is a bug, but to me anyway it looks like one... Please have a look at the included screenshots.

The 'full window no bar' looks correct, i.e. as I want it to.
The second, 'full window', however shows the menu element inexplicably and unwantedly moved over somewhat to the right, although its bar portion is correctly placed.

Same program, same scene, only difference being in the show scene action...
full_window_no_bar[1].png
full_window[1].png

Pent

May 27, 2015, 5:49:42 AM5/27/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com, paul.van...@gmail.com

The 'full window no bar' looks correct, i.e. as I want it to.
The second, 'full window', however shows the menu element inexplicably and unwantedly moved over somewhat to the right, although its bar portion is correctly placed.

The whole scene had to be shrunk in height (to fit the action bar in) and width (to maintain aspect ration).

You can see at the right there's an equal margin.

Pent

DrPhant0m

May 27, 2015, 10:16:46 AM5/27/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Since installing 4.7b15m, I've had trouble with the Alert > Menu action not displaying the app icons for many items.

I've had the same task for years, such that when I plug in my headphones, a menu pops up with audio-related apps (Pandora, YouTube, Google Music, etc).

After installing 4.7b15m, most of the icons don't show up anymore... however, the background image is sized correctly for the number of apps I had, and tapping where an icon would be still launches the app.
I've created a new menu action in the task (and disabled the old one), and the problem persists.

I'm pretty sure I updated from 4.7b7m, if that matters.

Pent

May 28, 2015, 4:13:51 AM5/28/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com, ryanj...@gmail.com

Since installing 4.7b15m, I've had trouble with the Alert > Menu action not displaying the app icons for many items.

It's only app icons that are affected ? Other icon types show OK ? Which layout are you using in the action ? Have you changed the
relevant layout scene ?

If it's not all app icons, can you give some examples of system apps (calculator, play music etc) which do and don't ?

Thanks,

Pent

Richard Finegold

May 28, 2015, 5:24:26 AM5/28/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Perhaps the icon's resource name/id changed?

Maybe related: I have an autorotate profile for a few apps. For Osmand+ in particular, the main activity changed (net.osmand.plus.activities.MainMenuActivity changed to net.osmand.plus.activities.MapActivity, 1.9.x to 2.0.x) and Tasker's UI (as of 4.7b15) isn't allowing removal (that I can spot) of the old choice, instead showing a warning icon. Checked by exporting XML; I'm sure I could work around it by editing the XML directly.

Pent

May 28, 2015, 1:28:18 PM5/28/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com, gold...@gmail.com

Maybe related: I have an autorotate profile for a few apps. For Osmand+ in particular, the main activity changed (net.osmand.plus.activities.MainMenuActivity changed to net.osmand.plus.activities.MapActivity, 1.9.x to 2.0.x) and Tasker's UI (as of 4.7b15) isn't allowing removal (that I can spot) of the old choice, instead showing a warning icon.

You mean you can't remove an item in a menu (element or action) or ?

Pent

Richard Finegold

May 29, 2015, 3:39:55 AM5/29/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com, gold...@gmail.com
My apologies for the ambiguity. Attached is an export with old (cls0) and new (cls3) apps chosen.

It's a profile with an Application Context. The App Selection screen doesn't show a second icon for toggling, even with Services and All checked. I can toggle the displayed Osmand+ icon (label3), but after exiting App Selection, the profile still has the warning icon and lists Osmand+ (label0) first in its expanded view.

Autorotate_on.prf.xml

Pent

May 29, 2015, 7:31:09 AM5/29/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com, gold...@gmail.com

It's a profile with an Application Context. The App Selection screen doesn't show a second icon for toggling, even with Services and All checked. I can toggle the displayed Osmand+ icon (label3), but after exiting App Selection, the profile still has the warning icon and lists Osmand+ (label0) first in its expanded view.

Understood and fixed, thanks :-)

Pent

Pent

May 29, 2015, 9:51:05 AM5/29/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com, ryanj...@gmail.com

Since installing 4.7b15m, I've had trouble with the Alert > Menu action not displaying the app icons for many items.

I've just found and fixed big problems with the menu action for 4.7, but the problem I saw didn't really match your
description.

Let's see if it's fixed with the next update, let me know otherwise.

Pent

Pent

May 29, 2015, 10:52:20 AM5/29/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com, crafty...@gmail.com
I've uploaded b16, pretty much exclusively bugfixes for things on this thread. There's no
list of changes for this one unfortunately.

Pent

Abdullah Alahdal

May 29, 2015, 1:36:26 PM5/29/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I had more than 3 crashes in less than 10 minutes. I'm sending you the crash and log files.

Sean Williams

May 29, 2015, 2:53:01 PM5/29/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Updated from store 4.6u3

First thing which is apparent, text scaling is not working as it used to. Text is appearing incredibly large on all my scenes.

Second is menu elements. When resizing menu elements the inner element does not resize correctly.

Sean Williams

May 29, 2015, 4:51:59 PM5/29/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
releases/AppFactory.4.7b16.apk

Link is down for me

Pent

May 30, 2015, 3:32:46 AM5/30/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com, trendyte...@gmail.com

releases/AppFactory.4.7b16.apk

Sorry, it's still only the b15 version available, I updated the link.

Pent

Pent

May 30, 2015, 3:56:35 AM5/30/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com, alahda...@gmail.com

I had more than 3 crashes in less than 10 minutes. I'm sending you the crash and log files.

Thanks.

If I understand right, the crashes were coming when selecting an action ?

I can't reproduce that at all, but I've changed the code so it will log and show a warning icon instead
of crashing. Could you let me know after next update which item it's showing the warning
icon for ?

Thanks,

Pent

p.s. you might want to try reinstalling the beta, could be corrupt data also

Pent

May 30, 2015, 4:09:13 AM5/30/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com, trendyte...@gmail.com

First thing which is apparent, text scaling is not working as it used to. Text is appearing incredibly large on all my scenes.

In the editor ? Also on display ? Text elements or all elements with text in them ? Special font or text format ?
Vertical fit mode ?

Second is menu elements. When resizing menu elements the inner element does not resize correctly.

You mean just in the editor ? I can see that when I expand the element the layout scene doesn't expand
to fit, it's always been like that. When I shrink it, the layout scene shrinks to fit, it just doesn't show
the change until you exit the editor and go back in. Is that what you meant ?

Pent

Abdullah Alahdal

May 30, 2015, 11:46:09 AM5/30/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Yes, it happens when I filter actions. I reinstalled but still have the same problem. The strange part it happens only when search for Test, it crashes when I type the 3rd letter of test (s). While searching other actions has no issue.

francwalter

May 31, 2015, 3:50:09 AM5/31/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Userguide for beta 16 is corrupt, 103.zip
That was before in earlier beta also.

Pent

May 31, 2015, 5:50:12 AM5/31/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com, alahda...@gmail.com

Yes,  it happens when I filter actions. I reinstalled but still have the same problem. The strange part it happens only when search for Test, it crashes when I type the 3rd letter of test (s). While searching other actions has no issue.

Ah, I can see why that happens, thanks.

Pent

Pent

May 31, 2015, 5:51:31 AM5/31/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com, franc...@gmail.com

Userguide for beta 16 is corrupt, 103.zip
That was before in earlier beta also.

Fixed sorry. This was just supposed to be a very short testing release before releasing the stable.

Pent

Sean Williams

May 31, 2015, 9:01:16 AM5/31/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com

> > > First thing which is apparent, text scaling is not working as it used to. Text is appearing incredibly large on all my scenes.

In the editor ? Also on display ? Text elements or all elements with text in them ? Special font or text format ?
Vertical fit mode ?

When the scene is displayed by a user. All text is affected, the problem seems to be global across all elements with text fields. This is happening with or without custom fonts, text formats HTML & plain text tested. All fit modes scroll and reduce text also tested.

It may be useful to know most of my scenes resize up. Many of them are 200x300 and displayed as an activity.

> > > Second is menu elements. When resizing menu elements the inner element does not resize correctly.

You mean just in the editor ? I can see that when I expand the element the layout scene doesn't expand
to fit, it's always been like that. When I shrink it, the layout scene shrinks to fit, it just doesn't show
the change until you exit the editor and go back in. Is that what you meant ?

Apologies I should have been more direct here. So for example consider a menu element with the dimension of 1x1. When the scene is displayed by the user, an action 'element resize' (from a button tap etc.) is applied to resize this menu element. The menu element resizes but the important bit - the inner element ('Item Layout') stays at 1x1 so we can't see our menu indexes.

I believe in the current Tasker playstore version (and those before) the outer and inner menu elements were not bound by size so this problem didn't occur. Now that the size is correlated the action 'resize element' needs to resize the inner menu as well as the outer menu container.

The other problem after updating is any menu elements that were 1px in height or width are now not selectable in the scene editors respective menu edit page. Probably because they are now too narrow to tap, Maybe a edit icon is needed next to the magnify glass?

Pent

May 31, 2015, 9:39:21 AM5/31/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com, trendyte...@gmail.com

> > > First thing which is apparent, text scaling is not working as it used to. Text is appearing incredibly large on all my scenes.

In the editor ? Also on display ? Text elements or all elements with text in them ? Special font or text format ?
Vertical fit mode ?

When the scene is displayed by a user. All text is affected, the problem seems to be global across all elements with text fields. This is happening with or without custom fonts, text formats HTML & plain text tested. All fit modes scroll and reduce text also tested.

It may be useful to know most of my scenes resize up. Many of them are 200x300 and displayed as an activity.

What is the Text Size set to in the text elements ?

Could you post a screenshot of the scene displayed I can get an idea what you mean by huge ?

Could you also do a Menu / Data / Backup and post the line that looks like this:

<dmetric>1080.0,1776.0</dmetric>

Also, if you create a new scene with a text element, same problem ?

Apologies I should have been more direct here. So for example consider a menu element with the dimension of 1x1. When the scene is displayed by the user, an action 'element resize' (from a button tap etc.) is applied to resize this menu element. The menu element resizes but the important bit - the inner element ('Item Layout') stays at 1x1 so we can't see our menu indexes.

Ah, I was on completely the wrong track :-)

I believe in the current Tasker playstore version (and those before) the outer and inner menu elements were not bound by size so this problem didn't occur. Now that the size is correlated the action 'resize element' needs to resize the inner menu as well as the outer menu container.

OK, will test that.

The other problem after updating is any menu elements that were 1px in height or width are now not selectable in the scene editors respective menu edit page

I don't get how you could touch a 1x1 element previously. Can't you use the a-z selector ?  (assuming
I've understood the problem correctly).

Pent

Sean Williams

May 31, 2015, 10:11:41 AM5/31/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
What is the Text Size set to in the text elements ?

In general they're mostly set at 10 some 12, I've also tried reducing to the minimum of 6 but this doesn't fix anything.

Could you post a screenshot of the scene displayed I can get an idea what you mean by huge ?

I'll post some screens, bare with me though I'll need to get to my computer to do this.

Could you also do a Menu / Data / Backup and post the line that looks like this:

<dmetric>1080.0,1776.0</dmetric>

I'll do that too.

Also, if you create a new scene with a text element, same problem ?

I've not yet created any but will try and see what happens.

I don't get how you could touch a 1x1 element previously. Can't you use the a-z selector ?  (assuming
I've understood the problem correctly).

Wrong track again :) I'd use the menu selector to access the elements 'Element Edit' page. This is where the problem occurs under 'Item Layout' as it will show a 1x1px of the inner menu and its impossible to tap.

Pent

May 31, 2015, 11:09:34 AM5/31/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com, trendyte...@gmail.com

Wrong track again :) I'd use the menu selector to access the elements 'Element Edit' page. This is where the problem occurs under 'Item Layout' as it will show a 1x1px of the inner menu and its impossible to tap.

OK, after comparing with 4.6u3 I see the problem there.

IMO, it's correct to limit the layout scene size to be within the scene bounds.

Then it doesn't make any sense to expand a 1x1 scene because the element layouts are
going to be a mess because you don't have any way of setting them up.

In a sense you were leveraging the poor checking in the previous version. You should
use Element Visibility if you want a Menu to appear on a button
press.

Pent

Pent

May 31, 2015, 11:23:34 AM5/31/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com, crafty...@gmail.com, trendyte...@gmail.com
IMO, it's correct to limit the layout scene size to be within the scene bounds.

Then it doesn't make any sense to expand a 1x1 scene because the element layouts are n

going to be a mess because you don't have any way of setting them up.

In a sense you were leveraging the poor checking in the previous version. You should
use Element Visibility if you want a Menu to appear on a button
press.

On the other hand, you're right that the layout scene should scale when the menu size changes,
so I've put in a first attempt at that. I don't have much time for it unfortunately.

Pent
Enter code here...

Message has been deleted

Sean Williams

May 31, 2015, 11:38:53 AM5/31/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
<dmetric>768.0,1184.0</dmetric>

Newly created scenes suffer from the same text scaling problem.

Sean Williams

May 31, 2015, 11:45:32 AM5/31/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
OK, after comparing with 4.6u3 I see the problem there.

IMO, it's correct to limit the layout scene size to be within the scene bounds.

Ok I understand.

Then it doesn't make any sense to expand a 1x1 scene because the element layouts are
going to be a mess because you don't have any way of setting them up.

In a sense you were leveraging the poor checking in the previous version. You should
use Element Visibility if you want a Menu to appear on a button
press.

In a sense I have been exploiting the functionality of the previous versions. So approach should now be,

Create scene
Resize menu to 1x1
Show scene

Button press
Resize menu to *x*
Etc.

Sean Williams

May 31, 2015, 1:02:19 PM5/31/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com, trendyte...@gmail.com
Screens from before and after.

Red one shows the menu resize issue
Screenshot_2015-05-31-15-28-12.png
Screenshot_2015-05-31-15-28-31.png
Screenshot_2015-05-31-15-32-55.png
Screenshot_2015-05-31-15-33-17.png

Rich D

May 31, 2015, 1:35:22 PM5/31/15
to Tasker Google Groups Post

> Screens from before and after.
>
> Red one shows the menu resize issue

Hi Sean, is this just for menu elements and just for scaled scenes?

Your previous post indicated it included any element that had text and was shown in other formats other than full display or full screen?

  I do remember having this issue when Pent first fixed the menu scaling. I assumed I had the wrong text size before  the fix and now it was scaling it to the correct text size. I did not spend much time investigating I just changed the text size to accommodate the new scaling.

This was only affecting scaled menu elements for me.

Sean Williams

May 31, 2015, 4:35:39 PM5/31/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rich

Hi Sean, is this just for menu elements and just for scaled scenes?

Your previous post indicated it included any element that had text and was shown in other formats other than full display or full screen?

It seems to be where ever you input text so this applies to any element that can display text even the toggle, scenes that I've tested are activities.

I do remember having this issue when Pent first fixed the menu scaling. I assumed I had the wrong text size before the fix and now it was scaling it to the correct text size. I did not spend much time investigating I just changed the text size to accommodate the new scaling.

If you look at the green scene this only uses basic text element the text size is set at 12 PX both before and after the update so you can see theres a big difference. Also reducing won't fix the issue as size 6 is still scaling too big.

Can I ask what size you create your scenes? Mine are 200x300 then scale up to fit the device screen. It seems the text is locked in this upscaling and is ignoring the font size settings.

Rich D

May 31, 2015, 8:08:44 PM5/31/15
to Tasker Google Groups Post

> It seems to be where ever you input text so this applies to any element that can display text even the toggle, scenes that I've tested are activities.
>

>   I do remember having this issue when Pent first fixed the menu scaling. I assumed I had the wrong text size before  the fix and now it was scaling it to the correct text size. I did not spend much time investigating I just changed the text size to accommodate the new scaling.
>
> If you look at the green scene this only uses basic text element the text size is set at 12 PX both before and after the update so you can see theres a big difference. Also reducing won't fix the issue as size 6 is still scaling too big.

This is definitely a different issue.

Hmmmm, seems it might be be device/rom specific. I just created a test scene with a text box element. I set the scene dimensions at 200 x 300 and the text size at 12 and scene type as activity.  All other settings at default.  Showed it as 'activity full window' see attached screen shot.  You can see the text is approx the size of my default system text size from the tasker task in the background.

> Can I ask what size you create your scenes? Mine are 200x300

The one I was testing the most was at 320 x 568

My display is 540 x 960

I have a rooted Motorola Droid 4 / Stock ROM   / Tasker  /  Version: 4.7b16m / Android version 4.1.2

Screenshot_2015-05-31-19-51-13.png

Sean Williams

May 31, 2015, 8:36:55 PM5/31/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rich

This is definitely a different issue.

Hmmmm, seems it might be be device/rom specific.

I'm rockin a Nexus 4 stock unrooted KitKat 4.4.4

I just created a test scene with a text box element. I set the scene dimensions at 200 x 300 and the text size at 12 and scene type as activity. All other settings at default. Showed it as 'activity full window' see attached screen shot. You can see the text is approx the size of my default system text size from the tasker task in the background.

From where the 'X' (close icon) is on your display it looks to me like the scene is not scaling to the full size in portrait. Just wondering if you have height and width backwards? Width should be 200 and height 300.

If you can could you post the test project and I'll test on my phone so we can compare?

Rich D

May 31, 2015, 9:15:52 PM5/31/15
to Tasker Google Groups Post

> I just created a test scene with a text box element. I set the scene dimensions at 200 x 300 and the text size at 12 and scene type as activity.  All other settings at default.  Showed it as 'activity full window' see attached screen shot.  You can see the text is approx the size of my default system text size from the tasker task in the background.
>
> From where the 'X' (close icon) is on your display it looks to me like the scene is not scaling to the full size in portrait. Just wondering if you have height and width backwards? Width should be 200 and height 300.

Correct.  However after fixing that the text did get a bit larger but not huge. And changing the text size to 6 did reduce it as sown in pics.

> If you can could you post the test project and I'll test on my phone so we can compare?

Sure, I left  my other scaling test scene in there. The one we are discussing is the ' Text Test'

Check the scene dimensions after import. Tasker will resize the scene when importing to a device with different display size ( you most likely knew this... :)  )  see my dimensions in the pic.

Screenshot_2015-05-31-21-05-51.png
Screenshot_2015-05-31-21-04-22.png
Scene_Scaling_And_Text.prj.xml
Screenshot_2015-05-31-21-00-41.png

Sean Williams

May 31, 2015, 9:31:28 PM5/31/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Sure, I left my other scaling test scene in there. The one we are discussing is the ' Text Test'

Ok imported.

Check the scene dimensions after import. Tasker will resize the scene when importing to a device with different display size ( you most likely knew this... :) ) see my dimensions in the pic.

Changed scene to 200x300

Can we make this a bit more scientific by adjusting the text element inside the scene to 200x300

Sean Williams

May 31, 2015, 9:37:18 PM5/31/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
So changed scene to 200x300 and changed text element to 200x300 everything else left as is.

Screenshot_2015-06-01-02-33-24.png

Rich D

May 31, 2015, 9:52:58 PM5/31/15
to Tasker Google Groups Post

So changed scene to 200x300 and changed text element to 200x300 everything else left as is.

​I did the same. The text sizes remained the same.​ Your text does look larger then on my device.  can you change the size to 6 and get it to half that size.  This works on my device.

francwalter

Jun 1, 2015, 3:48:01 AM6/1/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
> Fixed sorry. This was just supposed to be a very short testing release before releasing the stable.

Thank you, works now :)

Pent

Jun 1, 2015, 4:59:56 AM6/1/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com, trendyte...@gmail.com

In a sense I have been exploiting the functionality of the previous versions. So approach should now be,

Create scene
Resize menu to 1x1
Show scene

Button press
Resize menu to *x*

?

Why not just keep the menu invisible till you need it ?

Pent

Pent

Jun 1, 2015, 6:22:17 AM6/1/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com, crafty...@gmail.com
RE: text from old scenes larger than it was: previously text was showing too small because it wasn't being
scaled well with the rest of the scene. So it wasn't matching well what was showing in the editor.

Now it matches the editor better.

It's a pain to need to adjust existing scenes, I agree, sorry. There are going to be howls of protest but I'm
not confident that I can do a one-time automatic data adjust without problems.

Of course the difference is worse when you're expanding the scene a lot as you are.

Pent

Pent

Jun 1, 2015, 6:26:25 AM6/1/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com, crafty...@gmail.com

Actually, an automatic one-time data adjust would be nigh on impossible because it depends
dynamically on how the scene is shown.

Pent

Sean Williams

Jun 1, 2015, 7:02:05 AM6/1/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Why not just keep the menu invisible till you need it ?

The menu is very useful at emulating Androids slide out navigation drawer. I tend to have it scaled at 1x300(height of scene) then use the resize action to create the animation effect of the official navigation drawer, Its actually extremely effective. There are also other situations where I resize menus depending on the number of array indexes.

@ Rich

Sorry for the slow reply, I dropped off to sleep before I could reply. I'll test with font size 6 and I've also another Nexus 4 running Taskers current store version 4.6. Will post results after work.

Sean Williams

Jun 1, 2015, 2:07:58 PM6/1/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Tasker 4.7 latest beta
Text size 12 & 6
Screenshot_2015-06-01-02-33-24.png
Screenshot_2015-06-01-18-25-59.png

Sean Williams

Jun 1, 2015, 2:14:47 PM6/1/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Tasker 4.6 store version
Screenshot_2015-06-01-18-16-02.png
Screenshot_2015-06-01-18-16-28.png

Sean Williams

Jun 1, 2015, 3:11:51 PM6/1/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
RE: text from old scenes larger than it was: previously text was showing too small because it wasn't being
scaled well with the rest of the scene. So it wasn't matching well what was showing in the editor.

Now it matches the editor better.

I always took it the editor was incorrect. I don't mind change although I'm worried a device with a small screen would not display text correctly even when set at 6.

It's a pain to need to adjust existing scenes, I agree, sorry. There are going to be howls of protest but I'm
not confident that I can do a one-time automatic data adjust without problems.

I can imagine it will affect quite a few users, but I'm sure what ever you have decided will be best.

Rich D

Jun 1, 2015, 4:02:40 PM6/1/15
to Tasker Google Groups Post

>> > Compare the 2 tasks below.  The only difference in them is the length of the variable name %test vs %testlong.  In the first one "variable join short' the flashes show a,b before the join action and a,b after the join action as expected.
>> >

>> Here is the log ..  ran 'variable join short' first then ran 'variable join long
>
> I can see it happening in your log but can't reproduce it :-)

Of course.... it must be my antique..  :)

> Looking at the code, I can only find one place something iffy might be randomly happening, so I've changed that.

Nope.. dont think that was it..

> In case it wasn't that, I added some more logging.

Hopefully the logging gets it this time..

This is still happening exactly the same in b-16. I did the same test as before,  running 'variable short' first  then 'variable long'.  log is attached..

variable_join2_log.txt

Rich D

Jun 1, 2015, 9:57:27 PM6/1/15
to Tasker Google Groups Post

Another strange one..  I have been trying to figure this one out for the last few betas. Tasker seems to be activating my gps.( IE. Gps icon appears in notify bar)  With no tasks running (nothing in the run log. )  usually happens when i turn the screen on but it does seem random and will happen while screen is on as well. If I disable tasker this does not happen.

Logs attached..

gps2_log.txt
gps3_log.txt
gps4_log.txt

Wayne Longford

Jun 2, 2015, 4:14:22 PM6/2/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I have a similar variable join issue as Rich D, although I can't reproduce his 'testlong' example.

Joining an array of 10 or more elements with certain variable names results in the first 9 elements being placed at the end of the join e.g. 10,11,12,13,14,15,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9

Using %variablename results in the wrong order, whilst %variablenamelong works as expected.

Join - variablename (230)
A1: Variable Set [ Name:%variablename To:1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15 Do Maths:Off Append:Off ]
A2: Variable Split [ Name:%variablename Splitter:, Delete Base:Off ]
A3: Flash [ Text:%variablename() Long:Off ]
A4: Variable Join [ Name:%variablename Joiner:, Delete Parts:Off ]
A5: Flash [ Text:%variablename Long:Off ]

Join - variablenamelong (231)
A1: Variable Set [ Name:%variablenamelong To:1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15 Do Maths:Off Append:Off ]
A2: Variable Split [ Name:%variablenamelong Splitter:, Delete Base:Off ]
A3: Flash [ Text:%variablenamelong() Long:Off ]
A4: Variable Join [ Name:%variablenamelong Joiner:, Delete Parts:Off ]
A5: Flash [ Text:%variablenamelong Long:Off ]

Attached log is from 4.7b16m. Rooted Note 4, Stock ROM, LP 5.0.1

Also this problem was present in b7, but not in b6.
log.txt

Rich D

Jun 2, 2015, 8:12:50 PM6/2/15
to Tasker Google Groups Post

> Another strange one..  I have been trying to figure this one out for the last few betas. Tasker seems to be activating my gps.( IE. Gps icon appears in notify bar)  With no tasks running (nothing in the run log. )  usually happens when i turn the screen on but it does seem random and will happen while screen is on as well. If I disable tasker this does not happen.

Ok,  Please disregard...  somehow a location context profile I had made for testing purposes became enabled with one of the updates.  I do not use location contexts at all and had forgot I made this one and it somehow escaped my first check of all enabled profiles.  Sorry for the bother..... :(

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Pent

Jun 3, 2015, 11:34:53 AM6/3/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com, ricp...@gmail.com
> This is still happening exactly the same in b-16. I did the same test as before,  running 'variable short' first  then 'variable long'.  log is attached..

Looking at the code, I noticed a flag 'sort' wasn't set to true.

So different people's results are a ROM difference about how the names are being returned
prior to them being sorted (or not, in this case) by Tasker.

Running here, the examples still work for me and fix Wayne's example (which
I could reproduce, thanks Wayne!), so I think that was it. Thanks for the patient logging (again).

Pent
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Sean Williams

Jun 9, 2015, 9:41:48 AM6/9/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
So I changed the approach to the above and it worked solidly on beta16/17 however updated to the stable 4.7 play store today and what ever fix that you have implemented has had the effect of breaking menu resizing completely. Is it possible to roll back to the original b16 code regarding menu resizing?