Scenes: collapse nav bar

Phil Bilton

Dec 16, 2017, 3:12:18 PM12/16/17
to Tasker
Hi,

I've created a scene that has a text edit element and then a button underneath to save the text once the user has finished entering the details.

From my understanding, in tasker there is no way of collapsing the keyboard without the user pressing the back button.

Once the back button has been pressed, the keyboard is removed but the bottom nav bar is still visible. This is an issue as I have a bottom Tab in my scene that can not be tapped due to the bottom nav bar.

Is there a way of hiding this?

Cheers
Phil

Rich D

Dec 16, 2017, 4:44:59 PM12/16/17
to Tasker Google Groups Post

From my understanding, in tasker there is no way of collapsing the keyboard without the user pressing the back button.

Tasker has a back button action.

Once the back button has been pressed, the keyboard is removed but the bottom nav bar is still visible.

Can you just use 2 back button actions?

Phil Bilton

Dec 16, 2017, 7:42:55 PM12/16/17
to Tasker
I tried with the back button which closes the keyboard, but adding another back button action close the scene.

I'm searching the web to see if there is an android intent that I could send but I've not came across anything. Taskers built in status bar collapse option didn't work either.

Phil Bilton

Dec 16, 2017, 8:16:06 PM12/16/17
to Tasker
I'm just going to resize my scene to activity, no bar, no status so that it will show the nav bar but not sure how the ratio will affect other users on different devices. Or maybe leave an intentional black bar on the bottom of the screen.

Which option do you think is the best? I think leaving an intentional black bar may look weird.