Monitor sound mode in tasker

patrick breslin

Jan 23, 2017, 2:11:26 PM1/23/17
to Tasker
I have many profiles that SET my phone to different sound modes based upon location, network, time of day, variable value. I am now trying to create a profile that will run when my phone is set to"vibrate" in the sound settings. When my phone is set to vibrate via tasker all is well but the problem is when I manually set my phone to vibrate. I will then use this profile to run a task which will update my user made variable. There is no clear cut direct way so I assume I will need to use an intent or third party app/plugin but I have brb unsuccessful thus far in my endeavors. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, I have thought about making a scene and placing it on my home screen but I'm a minimalist and would like to not add another icon and also to no circumvent the sound mode button already built into the notification drop down.

Pent

Jan 23, 2017, 2:35:14 PM1/23/17
to Tasker
Depending on what you do manually to 'set vibrate' (people mean different things
by that, and the Android version has an effect) you can use the variable %SILENT or %INTERRUPT. Specify it
in a profile with an event context 'Variable Set'.

Please read the info in the Variables section of the userguide about each.

Pent

patrick breslin

Jan 25, 2017, 12:14:13 AM1/25/17
to Tasker
Thank you for your reply Pent.
The issue still stands though. I am not stuck on how to set a variable. The profiles I use to set my phone to vibrate will also set a variable I created which triggers another profile and it works well. That secondary profile does not trigger however when I manually set my phone to vibrate which is why I am looking for a way for tasker to monitor when my phone changes sound mode to vibrate and then have a profile run. Make sense?

Pent

Jan 25, 2017, 2:50:35 AM1/25/17
to Tasker

Thank you for your reply Pent.
The issue still stands though. I am not stuck on how to set a variable.

I didn't give any advice which involved setting variables.

The profiles I use to set my phone to vibrate will also set a variable I created which triggers another profile and it works well. That secondary profile does not trigger however when I manually set my phone to vibrate which is why I am looking for a way for tasker to monitor when my phone changes sound mode to vibrate and then have a profile run. Make sense?

Sure. That's what my answer was about. Did you read it ?

Pent

patrick breslin

Jan 28, 2017, 3:52:28 PM1/28/17
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Alright so read your reply again... I didn't understand it at first, I had seen the variable called %SILENT but didn't know that was used when phone goes to vibrate mode.
I'm having an issue with it now where I set one profile with a variable set event where %SILENT EQUALS vibrate and it triggers when I manually put my phone in vibrate mode. I was not able to create an exit task so I made another profile with a variable set event where %SILENT EQUALS off. The problem is that it seems to be looping. If I turn off the second profile then no looping. Can you not have two profiles with a variable set event on the same variable?