Tasker's Capabilities. Can it do this?

Paul Goodman

Jun 30, 2015, 11:18:22 AM6/30/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Before I purchase Tasker I have question about it's capabilities.

Assuming I study up and learn how to program a "profile", is Tasker capable of
playing a specific notification tone to alert me that I have received a gmail from a specific sender.

I have recorded various notifications:  "email from Mike" or "email from Sherri" and would like Tasker to play them when either Mike or Sherri send me an email.

Can Tasker do this?  (I am a Galaxy s6 running Android 5.0.1)
Thanks

John Doe

Jun 30, 2015, 3:12:04 PM6/30/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Yes, it can. Tasker can do everything ;)

easiuser

Jun 30, 2015, 3:24:36 PM6/30/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Be careful about broad absolute statements.  Unless something has changed, the email variables are not availbable from the gmail app.  They are from K9 however.  From the user's guide.

Email From / Cc / Subject / Date / Time (dynamic)
%EFROM / %ECC / %ESUBJ / %EDATE / %ETIME
The From, Cc, Subject, Received Date and Received Time of the last email received by the K9 email agent.

Brad Minion

Jun 30, 2015, 4:06:02 PM6/30/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I wonder if you could also get it from Notification Listener or Auto Notification?