Disapearing Local Icons in a Menu

dirk hoffmann

Jul 12, 2017, 3:38:52 PM7/12/17
to Tasker
Hi,

i am using tasker on Android 4.4.2 and my problem is as follows

I set up a menu to start several tasks - this menu (selected from category "alert") uses 7 different local jpg's downloaded in the recent months.

Everything works fine, all icons are shown until i reboot my device - after the reboot 5 of those icons still work fine, while 2 have disappeared from the menu. When i re-enter them in the menu thne they work fine again until the next reboot. And it is always the same two icons that disappear.

The only difference i found so far is that the disapearing ones where downloaded in the recent months while the 5 stable ones are from last year.

I re-created the "faulty" icons via a screenshot tool, but it did not help.

Anyone ever came across this issue ?

Grateful for your help, if i omitted a necessary info, please let me know.

Kindest regards
Dirk

NB : i use a rooted device but the standard launcher from Samsungs s5

Pent

Jul 13, 2017, 2:03:50 AM7/13/17
to Tasker
I've heard this reported one or two times before.

Once the user selects an icon, Android is supposed to  grant permission to
use it until the app is uninstalled.

On your device, it's forgetting about that permission after a reboot and
thus denying Tasker the right to load the image.

Sorry, I have no idea why, it's almost certainly something about you ROM.

Pent

dirk hoffmann

Jul 16, 2017, 2:19:32 PM7/16/17
to Tasker
Hi Pent,

thanks for getting back to me on this.

I will play around a little further and see if I can dig up something ....

Cheers
Dirk

dirk hoffmann

Aug 21, 2017, 4:13:16 PM8/21/17
to Tasker
Hi,

further google-search delivered the idea to use .png files in the .icn folder in the Tasker folder.

And that solved the problem - I converted all jpgs to pngs and put them in a new folder within the .icn folder and since then the problem has disappeard - all icons are where they should be, even after a reboot - problem solved.

Kind regards and many thanks for this powerful tool - I enjoy it daily !!

Cheers
Dirk