Can't automatically turn on WIFI, keeps asking for permission.

supergipas

Jun 30, 2015, 12:20:12 PM6/30/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I made a profile to automatically turn on WIFI when I am at home. Everything works fine until the moment the tasker tries to turn on the wifi, when I am getting a pop-up message saying:
"An application is requesting permission to use WLAN. Allow?"
So I have to manually press ok..Is there anyway to bypass this warning message?

So far I have tried:
1. Using Xposed and Secure Settings, and turn on WIFI using plugin Secure settings
2. Setting as Administartors Tasker and Secure settings
3. All app permissions for tasker and Secure Settings are enabled

Using Galaxy S4, Lollipop with Touchwiz, Deodexed, rooted, xposed.

Marta Hintz

Jun 30, 2015, 3:27:29 PM6/30/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Auto input plug in or if you have root dpad in tasker, maybe.

supergipas

Jul 1, 2015, 7:05:00 AM7/1/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
ok I found a solution purely by luck.
I was trying to do something else and I replaced some files in /system/csc/ with files from a different rom.

So if someone has a rooted phone, the solution is somewhere in /system/csc/ you can edit those files with any text editor, you can edit various settings there, there must be a setting about warning messages and/or security...I don't know exactly where. But if anyone is interested you can look it up.

Junnan Zhang

Sep 23, 2015, 4:20:40 AM9/23/15
to Tasker
Hi, I had exactly the same problem like you and tried all the possible solutions you mentioned. However, after an hour of
searching how to grant certain permission to tasker or secure settings, I found that there is an option in system WLAN settings
(in settings app -> WLAN -> MORE) called "Ask to use WLAN". I turned it off, problem SOLVED! I don't know whether this
option is ROM related. My device is Samsung S6 Edge using a custom rom. Hope this helps!