Tasker and the nest!

Ryan Wilson

Feb 25, 2015, 4:10:50 PM2/25/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Hi
I just recently installed the nest thermostat and I am a task user! So I wanted to try and start to make widget that tells me the temperature and humidity and stuff. But I don't know how I could get that info! I know there is a tasker and AutoVoice profile to set temp but doesn't seem to work..
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Richard Blackmore

Feb 25, 2015, 5:33:49 PM2/25/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I would use the Nest Api php/json either a webview or a http request

Ryan Wilson

Feb 25, 2015, 6:49:04 PM2/25/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Not exactly sure how that works! Could you help me out on that! Would be greatly appreciated!

Dominique Garcia

Feb 27, 2015, 9:42:19 AM2/27/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Someone already did this, unsure how though.

technogeezer

Feb 27, 2015, 11:38:06 AM2/27/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I'm really new to the whole NEST thing but don't you need to know the commands/requests for a particular device in order to use it?

At the moment, I have a set of HTTP:GET actions that call the REST interface on a device I use.  I got the commands/request syntax from the vendor.  Note that my efforts would not have been possible if the HTTP:GET action did not have the "Trust any certificate" check box (but that also means no protection against spoofing).

HTH

Ryan Wilson

Feb 27, 2015, 1:45:50 PM2/27/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Yes I seen that widget just really would like to create my own! Im currently usually zooper and would like to make my own with it..

And I'm not sure what you are saying. I've tried the httpget with nest.com/home, but I'm not getting anything! This is my first attempt for httpget,

Ryan Wilson

Feb 27, 2015, 9:01:25 PM2/27/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I learned that I need to use the api in order to do what I need. So could anyone explain how to use api and tasker could anyone help me out