How to turn on display via bluetooth (e.g. voice commands)

Jason

Oct 17, 2017, 7:02:03 PM10/17/17
to Tasker
Hello,

I have a pixel XL with android 8, and I ride a motorcycle with bluetooth communicator in my helmet.  The bluetooth connection is trusted and should unlock the phone.  Also, my voice is trusted and should unlock the phone.

I have not been able to figure out how to turn on the display without touching the phone (I cannot access the buttons when it's docked).  I've fiddled a little with tasker and autovoice plugin w/o success.

Anybody know how to turn on the display w/o touching the phone - tasker or otherwise?