Problem with cell towers

Steve L.

Mar 27, 2015, 9:35:05 PM3/27/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I might just be misunderstanding a new setting, but I can no longer search for cell Towers near me. I am using the latest version of Tasker from Google play (as of 3.27.15) and Android version 4.4.4 on a Motorola Droid turbo phone.

This is a new phone and I transferred my tasker settings from the old device. In several of the automations, I use nearby cell Towers to determine the actions to take.

Since I switched to the new phone, however, I have found that when I search for towers, it will find them, but never return a signal strength. Even sitting within a 50 feet of the local tower says 0 signal strength, even after several minutes of searching.

Some of my tasks fire, but the ones that do are based off of a Wifi signal. There are several locations I go that I can't do that. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Steve L.

Mar 28, 2015, 7:05:57 AM3/28/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
FIXED

I thought I was using the new cell API, but I evidently had not clicked the option.  For those who aren't sure about this, see this post:

(Search for new cell API (In the page) and the short answer is in there.)