Delete app settings on uninstall, for a tasker-made app?

Victor Salamon

Apr 28, 2016, 12:13:45 PM4/28/16
to Tasker
Hi,

Tasker is great :) I have created an app which creates a text file as part of its first run.

When the user uninstalls the app, I'd like it if the uninstall process deleted that file.

How can I achieve this?

Is there an event that gets triggered when an app is uninstalled, so I can hook on to it?

Also, is there a standard path where these app-specific files should be created?

Thanks
Victor

John Doe

Apr 28, 2016, 12:49:54 PM4/28/16
to Tasker
Retrieve the path using some java function: context.getFilesDir() gives you a path where you can write. The files created in this folder will be deleted by OS when the app is uninstalled.