How to activate tasks via Smartwatch "OK-Google" command

Eddie E

Sep 9, 2016, 9:45:20 AM9/9/16
to Tasker
I would like to activate a task with using my Smartwatch, saying "Ok-Google", and then speak a command to the smartwatch.

I did create a widget which works fine, and which has a name, but using "Open" and using the name of the widget did not work.
Is this AutoVoice? Or AutoWear? I am seeing different and confusing information in the internet....

John Doe

Sep 9, 2016, 3:12:01 PM9/9/16
to Tasker
You can use Tasker Now plugin

John Doe

Sep 9, 2016, 3:12:01 PM9/9/16
to Tasker

Eddie E

Sep 12, 2016, 1:15:26 AM9/12/16
to Tasker
If i watch the videos... that does not start with "OK-Google", right? I have to tap the screen of the Smartwatch to start Tasker-Now???

John Doe

Sep 12, 2016, 2:24:28 AM9/12/16
to Tasker
It's not possible to use directly Ok Google on smartwatch like on a smartphone, you can use other ways, like shaking. You find all the instructions on the google play app page.

Abdullah Alahdal

Sep 12, 2016, 5:13:00 PM9/12/16
to Tasker
Maybe the combination of AutoWear and AutoVoice can do.

Eddie E

Oct 25, 2016, 2:12:11 AM10/25/16
to Tasker
I have seen that i can now create a app from my tasks.
So, in order to be able to say "OK Google - Open xy" to my smartwatch, which then in turn would open the app "xy" on my smartphone, i did take my task and exported to an app, and i was able to install that app.

Now, i can see the app, it is in the app-manager, and it works absolutely fine. But still no reaction when i use ok-google feature.
Other app (testing with "Spritpreise", installed from Playstore) works perfect.
But there are also Play-Store-Apps which do not work.

So, any chance to change something, so that it would work?

Stefan Sarzio

Oct 25, 2016, 2:49:35 AM10/25/16
to Tasker
You can now use "Tasker Now" from John Doe with "Ok Google".

Eddie E

Oct 27, 2016, 1:37:08 AM10/27/16
to Tasker
Thanks for info .... i am currently testing, did not get it to work so far.

But nevertheless, besides that... is there an answer to my question above?
If "Ok Google" and "Open xy" would work, i would have the solution already.

Why are Apps, generated out of Tasker, unknown to the general Ok-Google-Open Command?

Stefan Sarzio

Oct 27, 2016, 2:11:59 AM10/27/16
to Tasker
Which exact command did you try?

Tasker: it's because something special has to be done to the app to be able to be opened by voice. John Doe should be able to answer that, since it made that change to Tasker Now, so that it can be openend by voice.

My only gripe with it is that the voice recognition (in german) is not very reliable in detecting "Tasker Now" (from my mouth).

Eddie E

Nov 1, 2016, 10:21:44 AM11/1/16
to Tasker
Ok... i now did activate the app on smartwatch and said the command, which is "Stau".
It was recognized and the Tasker did do exactly what i wanted it to do.

But again... i thought i can do that without activating the smartwatch, via "OK Google".
That still does not work.. or am i missing something?

Stefan Sarzio

Nov 2, 2016, 3:15:09 AM11/2/16
to Tasker
You have to active the display, so that it listens to "Ok Google". Then say "Starte Tasker Now".

Eddie E

Nov 7, 2016, 8:13:14 AM11/7/16
to Tasker
That seemed to work... but a little bit unhandy... and now, suddenly, after a AndroidWear Update from the store, the app in the smartwatch started activating itself and looping... so only way to get the smartwatch running again was to uninstall tasker now.

Thanks for sending the information... but for the time being i will stick to activating that app directly on the screen of my phone.

Stefan Sarzio

Nov 7, 2016, 9:23:20 AM11/7/16
to Tasker
I don't have that with Tasker Now, but kind of the same problem with AutoWear. It seems to be related to the fact that shake detection doesn't (properly) work with newer versions of Android Wear.

You could try to disable shake detection within Tasker Now settings.

Eddie E <eddie.e...@gmail.com> schrieb am Mo., 7. Nov. 2016 um 14:13 Uhr:
That seemed to work... but a little bit unhandy... and now, suddenly, after a AndroidWear Update from the store, the app in the smartwatch started activating itself and looping... so only way to get the smartwatch running again was to uninstall tasker now.

Thanks for sending the information... but for the time being i will stick to activating that app directly on the screen of my phone.

Eddie E

Nov 10, 2016, 9:55:43 AM11/10/16
to Tasker
Yepp... that was the same here.... looked like shake-detection.