Tasker no longer working

John Ray

Jun 17, 2015, 3:47:32 AM6/17/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I've used Tasker for some time to change my data settings for when I am at home, out or at work. This has worked seamlessly. However for the last week or so, whilst Tasker still recognises my location, it does not carry out the requested tasks. Has anyone else had this problem?

Pent

Jun 17, 2015, 5:14:50 AM6/17/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com, johnra...@gmail.com
Have you updated to 4.7u1 ?

How are you detecting location ?

Which Android version ? Had an Android update recently ?

Please enable Menu / More / Run Log and after the profile activates check at what point the task fails.

Pent

John Ray

Jun 30, 2015, 5:14:01 AM6/30/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com

A bit of a delay - I've been trying to trace the problem - but answering your questions:

I'm using the built-in GPS for location. This appears to be one of the problems since whilst other apps such as Google Maps register a change in location Tasker sometimes doesn't. This seems to stem from the 50m / 100m / 200m radii options that do not appear to be very precise.

The firmware is Android 4.4.2 - This is the  version the phone came with when I bought it about two months ago. The problems only seemed to start after the latest Tasker update.

Thank you for the tip about the Run Log option. I did not know it existed and it is just what I needed to check what is going on. As well as the unreliability with the GPS switch, the other problem is that the Mobile Data toggle does to always work even when other Tasks in the same Profile do. I have yet to find a pattern in this and it appears to be fairly random.

As a said before, this problem only seems to have arisen since the last Tasker update.

Pent

Jul 3, 2015, 4:32:21 AM7/3/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com, johnra...@gmail.com

Thank you for the tip about the Run Log option. I did not know it existed and it is just what I needed to check what is going on.

You said the profile is activating. Look in the Run Log to follow the task execution. See where it stops.

>As a said before, this problem only seems to have arisen since the last Tasker update.

Try also disabling (in Tasker) Prefs / Monitor / Use Motion Detection if it's visible.

Pent