2 Bugs Report

SimonBG

Aug 4, 2017, 8:28:53 PM8/4/17
to Tasker
1. Scene element> Slider> When slider is rotated left or right (vertical slider), tasker versions prior to 5: HEIGHT of slider is determined by WIDTH of element (crossed); Version higher than 5 - the slider axle becomes invisible (only the dot is).

2. Project or task that contains scene with the new Video element is displayed OK. When exported as app, app never starts and gets killed by the system right away, Removing the video element remedies the app kill.

SimonBG

Aug 18, 2017, 4:22:38 PM8/18/17
to Tasker
Correction: The v5 and above is actually worse than  I thought. The when slider is turn left or right (vertical), the wight of the element still limits the height (length) of the slider. It's worst than v4.8 because the slider axle disappears (only the dot is visible) once rotated. It would be nice to know someone acknowledges this bug. Thank you.

SimonBG

Sep 13, 2017, 5:56:12 PM9/13/17
to Tasker
5.0 u6 came out today and the slider in scenes is still an issue.

Bump up

SimonBG

Nov 10, 2017, 9:41:36 AM11/10/17
to Tasker
5.0 u7 came out. Slider bug is still not fixed. I've sent emails directly for this issue - no response. Pent, can you at least acknowledge you saw this and it's on the list to be fixed one day?

Jay M

Nov 10, 2017, 10:31:52 AM11/10/17
to tas...@googlegroups.com

By slider do you mean the seekbar? ive never seen a fix mentioned in any recent changelogs so im not surprised its not fixed. Well theres that and Pent said before he doesnt wanna touch the vertical slider because of how hard it was to get it working. IIRC his words were something like " sorry but I wish i hadnt implemented the vertical slider".

Jay M ︻芫══一

SimonBG

Nov 10, 2017, 10:43:57 AM11/10/17
to Tasker
I guess you can call it a seekbar but it official name in the Tasker UI is a "Slider", as part of the scenes elements. I am trying to implement scene to remotely control audio equalizer devices vertical slider would've been the perfect solution.

Pent, if we will never see vertical slider fixed, could you let us know so I can move on? As a refresher - 2 issues with it: Axle blue line is lost visible when slider is rotated (only dot is); Height of slider is determined by it's width (very odd, try it);

Jay M

Nov 10, 2017, 10:54:28 AM11/10/17
to tas...@googlegroups.com
i found my thread and Pents reply

SimonBG

Nov 10, 2017, 11:02:04 AM11/10/17
to Tasker
That gives me hope. It's from 2013. Hopefully Pent changed his mind or now has a easier way of fixing. As it is right now, it better not even exist as an option.

Jay M

Nov 10, 2017, 11:53:11 AM11/10/17
to tas...@googlegroups.com

Yeah thats an old thread but there is more recent ones try a search for vertical slider/seekbar i remember someone brought it up last year

I agree if its easy enough to remove it he should do it but if anyones actually using it that could be a bad move.

SimonBG

Nov 10, 2017, 12:07:02 PM11/10/17
to Tasker
Hopefully he can fixed it.