Liigu esimese lugemata sõnumi juurde

Daniel

lugemata,
15. märts 2018, 03:16:0215.03.18
kuni Tasker
Hi all.
The stupid mobile extension system at my work requires me to every morning dial a number to connect to the system and then every afternoon another to disconnect. Obviously my first thought was that this could be automated.

So now I have got a task that sets in-call volume to 0 (so I won't have to hear the call happening in my pocket), calls the number, waits 7 seconds (which seems to be enough, ends the call and then respores the in-call volume. I've got some problems though, hope somebody has any ideas:

1. The "End Call" doesn't always seem to work. Sometimes when I pick up the phone half an hour later the call is still ongoing. What could cause this?

2. This hasn't happened yet, but I'm a little afraid of what will happen if I'm in an actual phone call when the task is triggered. Is there any way making it wait until the "line is available"?

Rich D

lugemata,
15. märts 2018, 04:05:1215.03.18
kuni Tasker Google Groups Post

1. The "End Call" doesn't always seem to work. Sometimes when I pick up the phone half an hour later the call is still ongoing. What could cause this?

Start by checking the all the relevant settings here.

I would also  check the run log next time that it happens. You need to enable the log before it will start logging. Menu / more / runlog.  You can post a few screen shots of the log here along with the exported profile description .

To post your profile or task here...  Long press on the profile or task name / ( 3 dot menu with 4.0+ ) export / export "DESCRIPTION" to clipboard (not XML)

Any linked tasks will be exported with the profile they are linked to..

To be able to export, The beginner mode needs to be off and the profile needs to be named by you (Not the Tasker listed name.  Tasker will list your profile with the context name if you have not given it one).

2. This hasn't happened yet, but I'm a little afraid of what will happen if I'm in an actual phone call when the task is triggered. Is there any way making it wait until the "line is available"?

You can add a additional context to the profile (long press the original context name) use the context: Phone ->call ->Any and tick the invert option.

Daniel

lugemata,
15. märts 2018, 04:31:1815.03.18
kuni Tasker
Thanks for fast feedback! Answers below.

Den torsdag 15 mars 2018 kl. 09:05:12 UTC+1 skrev Rich D:

1. The "End Call" doesn't always seem to work. Sometimes when I pick up the phone half an hour later the call is still ongoing. What could cause this?

Start by checking the all the relevant settings here.

Yep, all settings are correct as described.

I would also  check the run log next time that it happens. You need to enable the log before it will start logging. Menu / more / runlog.  You can post a few screen shots of the log here along with the exported profile description .

Ok, I've enabled the log. Can't seem to reproduce the problem on demand, but I'll check the log next time it happens.

To post your profile or task here...  Long press on the profile or task name / ( 3 dot menu with 4.0+ ) export / export "DESCRIPTION" to clipboard (not XML)

It looks like this:

Mexa In (8)
A1: In-Call Volume [ Level:0 Display:Off Sound:Off ]
A2: Call [ Number:1881 Auto Dial:On ]
A3: Wait [ MS:0 Seconds:8 Minutes:0 Hours:0 Days:0 ]
A4: End Call
A5: In-Call Volume [ Level:5 Display:Off Sound:Off ]

2. This hasn't happened yet, but I'm a little afraid of what will happen if I'm in an actual phone call when the task is triggered. Is there any way making it wait until the "line is available"?

You can add a additional context to the profile (long press the original context name) use the context: Phone ->call ->Any and tick the invert option.

Problem is this will mean it doesn't get executed at all, right? Guess I'll have to remember to do it manually if this happens. Don't want to do anything unnecessary complicated for a scenario that might never happen :-)

Rich D

lugemata,
15. märts 2018, 05:56:3315.03.18
kuni Tasker Google Groups Post

Problem is this will mean it doesn't get executed at all, right?

No.  The profile will trigger because there is no current call in progress. Then when the call initiates the profile will go inactive but this will not affect the task.

Daniel

lugemata,
15. märts 2018, 06:01:0715.03.18
kuni Tasker

Den torsdag 15 mars 2018 kl. 10:56:33 UTC+1 skrev Rich D:

Problem is this will mean it doesn't get executed at all, right?

No.  The profile will trigger because there is no current call in progress. Then when the call initiates the profile will go inactive but this will not affect the task.

What I meant was that if I'm in a call it won't trigger. Optimally it would wait until I've hang up and then trigger, but that feels like overkill :-)

Rich D

lugemata,
15. märts 2018, 06:48:2915.03.18
kuni Tasker Google Groups Post

What I meant was that if I'm in a call it won't trigger. Optimally it would wait until I've hang up and then trigger, but that feels like overkill :-)

Well I wouldn't say Overkill.. :)

You would just need to put the in call context inverted in a separate profile with an entry task of just a stop action. Then use a wait until action in the beginning of the task and wait until that profile is inactive.  You would use the variable %PACTIVE for this.

Rich D

lugemata,
15. märts 2018, 06:56:5515.03.18
kuni Tasker Google Groups Post
Correction..

You would just need to put a in call context in a separate profile with an entry task of just a stop action. Then use a wait until action in the beginning of the task and wait until that profile is inactive.  You would use the variable %PACTIVE for this.

Daniel

lugemata,
28. märts 2018, 07:39:3828.03.18
kuni Tasker
Hi again. For some strange reason this has worked much better since I enabled the run log, hasn't failed once. Today it happened again though. I happened to be holding the phone in my hand so I saw it happening. It called the number and then never ended the call. According to the run log (pasting screenshow below) everything worked like it should. Any idea where to look now?

Den torsdag 15 mars 2018 kl. 09:05:12 UTC+1 skrev Rich D:
I would also  check the run log next time that it happens. You need to enable the log before it will start logging. Menu / more / runlog.  You can post a few screen shots of the log here along with the exported profile description .

Rich D

lugemata,
29. märts 2018, 04:57:3929.03.18
kuni Tasker Google Groups Post

Hi again. For some strange reason this has worked much better since I enabled the run log, hasn't failed once. Today it happened again though. I happened to be holding the phone in my hand so I saw it happening. It called the number and then never ended the call. According to the run log (pasting screenshow below) everything worked like it should. Any idea where to look now?

Not sure on this one... It looks like Tasker is working as expected so I would suspect either a device issue, android bug, communication issue from tasker to android.   All of these would require you capture a long term log and send it to the developer to see where the issue could be. There is info on this in the user guide under "how do I / can I"

I would first try just adding a few addition end call actions to  the  task  with a 500ms wait in between them. Perhaps you can beat it into submission ! :)

Daniel

lugemata,
2. apr 2018, 16:15:5002.04.18
kuni Tasker
Yep, I think I'll try your second suggestion, might just work. Since this doesn't seem to happen more than a few percent of the times it's kinda hard to catch it in a log...

Thanks for all input on this!

/Daniel
Vasta kõigile
Vasta autorile