Adding Scene buttons

Dave7

Nov 27, 2015, 7:49:15 PM11/27/15
to Tasker
I have had Tasker for quite a while, and I got it set the way I liked & forgot it.

Now I have a new phone and am trying to remember how to do things again.  I used to have two buttons on my phone desktop to set options for work & home.  I believe I have those configured in the scenes correctly, but I cannot remember how to add the buttons to the desktop so I can use them!

Can someone help me out with this please?

Thanks,
Dave

SimonBG

Nov 27, 2015, 10:32:05 PM11/27/15
to Tasker
There is probably many ways to do that. First thing that comes to my mind (probably very inefficient) is to create an app for each task you have with AppFactory. Very simple for beginners. You can bring Scenes in to play if you want your app to have interface.

I know there is something called "Zoom" that can create widgets but I haven't messed with it yet.

Dave7

Nov 27, 2015, 10:41:24 PM11/27/15
to Tasker
I found what I needed.  It is simply to add a Tasker widget and select Task Shortcut.  It will then let me choose what task to run & pick an Icon for it.

Thanks!