How do I get a scene to update %BATT for button or text box?

Jean Dowe

May 27, 2016, 10:34:12 PM5/27/16
to Tasker
It only generates the value on scene load. After that, it doesn't seem to change even if the battery level does.

Svampsson Svampsson

May 28, 2016, 4:45:47 AM5/28/16
to tas...@googlegroups.com

Guessing you have to create a new profile that recreates the scene every time the "Battery changed" context is true.

On 28 May 2016 04:34, "Jean Dowe" <tony....@gmail.com> wrote:
It only generates the value on scene load. After that, it doesn't seem to change even if the battery level does.

Rich D

May 28, 2016, 8:05:45 AM5/28/16
to Tasker Google Groups Post

> Guessing you have to create a new profile that recreates the scene every time the "Battery changed" context is true.

Correct, only you do not have to recreate the scene, just use the action / scene / element text

Jean Dowe

May 29, 2016, 8:48:29 PM5/29/16
to Tasker
Thanks, working. I was confused because I have another scene that updates %WIN on it's own. No element text change needed. Strange that %BATT requires another profile/task to update an existing scene using it.

Marta Hintz

May 31, 2016, 8:40:00 PM5/31/16
to Tasker
I think that's are some variables that are monitored and others not. Tasker help files tells you which is which.