Checking for all Calendar Events

Scott

Aug 19, 2017, 9:13:29 AM8/19/17
to Tasker
I have the below Calendar Profile. It checks if an event is time-based or All-Day. If not All-Day, I have a silent Action executed.

My problem...if an All-Day Event is ID, my Profile remains 'Active' and won't ID any new events. I noticed that 'Calendar' is only a State and not an Event. How may I get Calendar to watch for every new Event?

Profile: Calendar Event (397)
State: Calendar Entry [ Title:* Location:* Description:* Available:Any Calendar:Google:Default/Google:Other ]
Enter: Calendar Events Test (391)
A1: Test App [ Type:Calendar Title Data:%TIMES Store Result In:%result Continue Task After Error:On ]
A2: [X] Flash [ Text:All current calendar titles:
%result() Long:On ]
A3: Test App [ Type:Calendar All Day Data:%TIMES Store Result In:%day_result ]
A4: [X] Flash [ Text:All day calendar events:
%day_result() Long:On ]
A5: For [ Variable:%confirm Items:1:%day_result(#) ]
A6: If [ %day_result(%confirm) ~ yes ]
A7: [X] Flash [ Text:Confirmed all day event:
%result(%confirm) Long:On ]
A8: Else
A9: [X] Flash [ Text:[NOT] all day:
%result(%confirm) Long:On ]
A10: Do Not Disturb [ Mode:None Continue Task After Error:On ]
A11: End If
A12: End For

Rich D

Aug 19, 2017, 10:06:29 AM8/19/17
to Tasker Google Groups Post

How may I get Calendar to watch for every new Event?

Here is how I did it.  Read through the post and download the latest version. It is a bit complex but the only way I could figure out how to do it...

Rich D

Aug 19, 2017, 10:09:00 AM8/19/17
to Tasker Google Groups Post

Here is how I did it.  Read through the post and download the latest version. It is a bit complex but the only way I could figure out how to do it...

Scott

Aug 19, 2017, 10:25:55 AM8/19/17
to Tasker
Thanks @Rich, I'll give it a whirl.

Scott

Sep 12, 2017, 3:34:28 PM9/12/17
to Tasker
Is it possible to exclude specific cal events via Location? Say, if 'Call' is listed in the Location, exclude it.