Logitech Harmony Ultimate plug-in for Tasker released

Maarten Damen

Aug 5, 2014, 5:52:03 PM8/5/14
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I am posting this as I know some people have been wanting this for a long time. I have created a plug-in for the Logitech Harmony Ultimate remote.
Please note that very much effort has been put into developing this plug-in. This is the first version, so I am happy with any possible feedback.
Also let me know what features you would like to see added to this plug-in.

Short list of features:

The Harmony tasker plug-in combines the best of two worlds. It combines the powerful IR capabilities of Logitech Harmony remotes with the flexibility of Tasker. This plug-in currently supports the following capabilities:
- Allows to add and control multiple Logitech Harmony hubs (tested with Logitech Harmony Ultimate)
- Supports stopping the current activity
- Support running specific defined activities.
- As oppose to some 'hacker' solutions, this plug-in requires NO root on your phone and does not need the native app to function.

Instructions:
1) first start the Harmony Ultimate Tasker plug-in main application and define a hub profile.
2) Define your tasks in Tasker, the plug-in can be found under the Plug-in section in Tasker.
Please note: this is a Tasker plug-in, you need Tasker to make this functional to you.

Pent

Aug 6, 2014, 4:53:41 AM8/6/14
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Could you describe what exactly I can do with the plugin in combination with the LH remote ? Do I control the smartphone via remote, the remove via the smartphone,
other things via the remove via the smartphone, or something else ?

Thanks,

Pent

Maarten Damen

Aug 6, 2014, 5:38:49 AM8/6/14
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pent,

The Logitech Harmony Ultimate remote comes with a WiFi enabled "hub" http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/harmony-ultimate-hub. My plug-in allows you to control the hub directly, without the need for the Logitech Harmony app or even the remote.
Basically you just add the hub to my plug-in and it allows you to control the defined activities on your hub.

Hope this helps. Thank you for creating  a beautiful app!

Thanks,
Maarten

Pent

Aug 6, 2014, 5:46:49 AM8/6/14
to tas...@googlegroups.com

I like it!

Great job!

Pent

Max Hodgson

Aug 6, 2014, 6:06:30 AM8/6/14
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I get "Your device is compatible with this version." on my Note3, on the PlayStore.

It's Android 4.3 rooted.

Thanks,

Max

Maarten Damen

Aug 6, 2014, 6:29:57 AM8/6/14
to tas...@googlegroups.com, m...@mjhodgson.com
Hi Max,

Do you mean: is not compatible?  I will check what the minimum version is that I configured.
On top of my head I think I configured it for ICS and upwards 4.0+

Regards,
Maarten

Mariusz

Aug 11, 2014, 10:52:37 AM8/11/14
to tas...@googlegroups.com
After filling in all my info when I press "Validate Connection" the app freezes and never responds.  I have the Harmony Smart Control with a Hub and Motorola Droid Mini 4.4.  Any tips for troubleshooting?

Maarten Damen

Aug 11, 2014, 3:51:42 PM8/11/14
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mariusz,

I had one other person with the same problem. I am currently working on a version with more debugging enabled. Please stay tuned!

Best regards,
Maarten

On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 4:52 PM, Mariusz <mar...@gmail.com> wrote:
After filling in all my info when I press "Validate Connection" the app freezes and never responds.  I have the Harmony Smart Control with a Hub and Motorola Droid Mini 4.4.  Any tips for troubleshooting?

Mariusz

Aug 21, 2014, 10:58:26 AM8/21/14
to tas...@googlegroups.com
With the new version I get:Token swap failed. Failed to get token from hub.

Rocky LaBarbera

Sep 2, 2014, 10:25:44 PM9/2/14
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I'm getting the same, GS5 Active

GJD

Sep 4, 2014, 4:03:55 AM9/4/14
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Is it possible to add the simple commands to the plugin.
Like Play, Pause, Stop.

It seems useless, because of the harmony app. But in these times you have to thing more with the Wearables on your wrist. And for this Tasker become really handy.

cramu

Nov 19, 2014, 4:16:50 PM11/19/14
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Is this plugin still in development?
I'm planning to buy a Smart Hub but have to make sure before, that this plugin works and functionality will be expanded in future versions.
What about the requests to be able to perforn single actions like play and pause?

Maarten Damen

Nov 19, 2014, 6:01:24 PM11/19/14
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Yes, this plug-in is still in development. I am working on the single command support, but is complex and Logitech changed some stuff in their latest firmware.
I expect a beta release in 2 weeks.

Met vriendelijke groet/With best regards,
Maarten Damen

cramu

Nov 20, 2014, 12:55:58 PM11/20/14
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for letting us know!
Will definitely buy it as soon as my hub arrives.

look2

Jan 26, 2015, 2:13:10 AM1/26/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Is it possible to control single devices with this?

When I get home and gets connected to my wireless network I want to turn on some lamps, without having to make a task of it. Because when I choose to watch TV and change task the lamps will turn off.

Dale Smith

Jan 26, 2015, 4:02:20 AM1/26/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I'm confused by your description of your app. I have a Logitech Harmony 510 and a phone with no IR. Samsung Galaxy S3. I have never been able to get the Harmony 510 to work correctly. Mostly I want to change from watching TV to the Blu-ray player or Roku then back to TV and cable box. All this has to be done via Wi-Fi. All the devices have a Wi-Fi IP address. Will your app enabled me to do this? Dale

Wei-Liang Lee

Jan 29, 2015, 3:55:01 AM1/29/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com

I got FC every time when I filled in the account/password and pressed "Validate Connection".  I have the Harmony Home Control with a Hub and asus padfone 2/sony z2 tablet. Both got FC. Any ideas?

Max Hodgson

Feb 18, 2015, 4:31:30 PM2/18/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I don't know if the original plugin developer still frequents these parts, but Logitech have an API for the hubs now.

http://myharmony.com/discover/harmony-api/

On 29 January 2015 at 08:55, Wei-Liang Lee <laruk...@gmail.com> wrote:

I got FC every time when I filled in the account/password and pressed "Validate Connection".  I have the Harmony Home Control with a Hub and asus padfone 2/sony z2 tablet. Both got FC. Any ideas?

Bastian Ochmann

Dec 15, 2015, 8:37:56 AM12/15/15
to Tasker
I´m having the same Problem...after entering the IP+Port plus Name for the Hub the App freezes and does a force close.
Using a Jiayu S-3 - on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 It works....

Dale Smith

Dec 16, 2015, 11:21:17 AM12/16/15
to Tasker
After reading this thread and the discription on the play store I was still unsure as to what was needed to use this app. This is what I think is needed:

1. A Logitech Harmony Ultimate device
2. An IR capable smartphone with Tasker installed
3. A WiFi network
4. Devices you want to control. TV, DVD, Blu-Ray, Roku
5. Plug-in app

I'm I close?

I'd like to add that I was given a Harmony device and could never get it to work correctly. I made multiple attempts to program the device and even talked with their product support people. I'm not a stranger to programming. I hope the Harmony Ultimate works better that the Harmony 510 that I tried to program.

SimonBG

Dec 25, 2015, 7:14:38 PM12/25/15
to Tasker
Mr Damen,
When are you going to update this buggy plug in? I can live with the force close issues since I've added WiFi connections checks to my scripts. However, lots of the commands that work with Harmony app, when executed through the plug in, freeze the hub for 30-40 seconds. I have also found a work around - I am realerning same commands and naming them differently with the Harmony app, then executing them from the Plug in. I have send you an email 2-3 months ago about this, sadly no response yet.

However. I got into an issue that I can live with. For what ever reason, the plug in sends double commands to my Vizio TV (american brand only), especially direction keys. Using the Harmony app doesn't causes that. Re-learning those commands as custom results in same double action when executed through the plug in.
I have captured TCP/IP traffic that might be able to help you find the problem. Just let me know if you are willing to work on this.

Maarten Damen

Dec 28, 2015, 10:08:28 AM12/28/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Hi Simon,

It seems there have been a lot of changes in the Logitech firmware. I have tested the app inside out before releasing it.
Due to some personal circumstances I have not been able to provide the support as expected.
I am willing to look into the issue you described. Please send me an e-mail with the TCP traffic dumps.

Thanks,
Maarten

Rami Alia

Jan 4, 2016, 1:37:03 PM1/4/16
to Tasker
I just wanted to add that I'm seeing a problem where device commands through harmony tasker are being infinitely resent but only if I use the plugin. So for example if I send the pause command to my Nexus Player, the video will pause/unpause continuously unless I interrupt it with the harmony remote physically by sending the same command.

SimonBG

Jan 9, 2016, 12:46:48 PM1/9/16
to Tasker
Somehow I didn't get notified by Gmail about your response, sorry about the delay.

 Attached are capture 2 files. Both contain what is going on when only one command is executed (Direction Down) for Vizio TV - one time through the Harmony app, one time through the Harmony Tasker Plug in. Again, the first one works fine, the one executed through tasker results in double direction down (The TV moves cursor down twice). I tried with a dozen different Vizio TVs, from 2010-2015 models. Also, I tired "learning" those commands under different device (hoping that the brand name has something to do with the glitch) which unfortunately resulted in the same double command.
Vizio Direction Down Harmony.txt
Vizio Direction Down Tasker Plug In.txt

nanobrain

Jan 9, 2016, 11:08:26 PM1/9/16
to Tasker
It seems that the plugin doesn't work for me unless I validate the connection and save the hub after I reconnect to my wireless network. Does anyone have a solution for this? Also, there is a settings menu that does nada for me. Am I the only one? Nexus 6 rooted, 6.0.1

SimonBG

Jan 12, 2016, 9:35:57 AM1/12/16
to Tasker
Nanobrain, I don't have that problem (5.1 here). The settings doesn't do anything for me either.

djsv...@gmail.com

Jan 16, 2016, 12:32:09 AM1/16/16
to Tasker
Mr Damen,
Any word on this? Problem is your plug in doesn't send "depressed/released" command. It happens to lots of other devices. Amazon Fire TV for example. Pressing any direction scrolls to Infinity!!!

Please inform us of the status of this plug in and if you have abandoned it‎, I truly hope you can release the source code so we can update that plug in.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
Jan 20, 2016, 5:41:03 AM1/20/16
to Tasker
Hi,

I will set-up my development environment tommorow and let you know.
It seems the your code has been lost in this group? Please repost.

Thanks,
Maarten

Tasker fan

Jan 20, 2016, 5:41:09 AM1/20/16
to Tasker
This app does not seem to work on marshmallow (android 6) is there a planned update? I really depend on this app and was hoping for new featurs such as state of hub or current running activity but will settle for just making current version more stable and robust.

I also have the issue of repeated command indenfinatly and temporary hanging the hub. I would like to say thanks for your great plugin but at the momnet its failing WAT (wife acceptance test)

Svetlozar Simeonov

Jan 20, 2016, 3:41:17 PM1/20/16
to Tasker
Maarten,
I have sent you a private email with very detailed explanation of what the problem is and possibly how to easily resolved it. It includes parts of your source code that is why I have sent it private. Please let me know if you haven't received it.

SimonBG

Jan 26, 2016, 3:43:46 PM1/26/16
to Tasker
Any news, its been a week I haven't heard from you yet.
Maarten,
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to tasker+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

SimonBG

Feb 7, 2016, 9:18:38 PM2/7/16
to Tasker
Maarten,
I insist you return my $1. Very disappointed. You could at least say the true - This plug in is abandoned.

For everyone else, I have found a way to control Harmony Hub (and the shortcomings of Maarten's plugin are fixed for me) via Send/Expect plug in - shoot me a private if you need help.

Jay M

Feb 8, 2016, 1:55:32 AM2/8/16
to Tasker

I insist you return my $1 lol that's funny

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tasker.

Jay M ︻芫══一

djsv...@gmail.com

Feb 8, 2016, 8:30:03 AM2/8/16
to 'Jay M' via Tasker
It's sure ironic. However, when I look back and count all the hours I spend troubleshooting, reverse engineering, writing emails with explanations of how to fix his app to this so called "Developer", $1 becomes priceless as you can't buy time.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
Feb 25, 2016, 10:43:44 AM2/25/16
to Tasker
I don't have a Marshmallow device but I don't see why not. I was able to "fix" the plug in. I found a work around how to to control the Logitech Hub with Send/Expect plug in. It is not an easy way, but it works.

I am switching jobs these days and very busy but I promise to post a guide within a week.

On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 9:39 AM, Tasker fan <wo...@ajise.co.uk> wrote:
Hi will your fix allow the plugin to also work in marshmallow?

SimonBG

Andy F

Mar 1, 2016, 6:29:30 AM3/1/16
to Tasker
is that the right link? can't find the tutorial

SimonBG

Mar 1, 2016, 7:12:51 AM3/1/16
to Tasker
Try this one:
https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/tasker/sSmEl4vU0vQ

If not, just search in the group for Logitech Harmony

Philipp Haber

Mar 7, 2016, 12:28:31 PM3/7/16
to Tasker
Thank you for developing and sharing your Tutorial, SimonBG!
Please let me ask you two questions:
You suggest not update harmony. How do you achieve that? Disabling harmony update URLs in external firewall?
Do you think there might be a more convenient way of getting the needed ids instead of sniffing HUTP traffic?

Svetlozar Simeonov

Mar 7, 2016, 12:39:00 PM3/7/16
to Tasker
I am under the impression that the Harmony app is what updates HUB firmware if necessary, I could be wrong. I hope I am not wrong.
Otherwise it will fail soon or later.

Btw, did you get it to work?

Philipp Haber

Mar 7, 2016, 12:47:29 PM3/7/16
to Tasker
Works like a charm on 4 devices including firetv.

Svetlozar Simeonov

Mar 7, 2016, 12:49:55 PM3/7/16
to Tasker
I am glad I was able to help.

On Mon, Mar 7, 2016 at 11:47 AM, Philipp Haber <philip...@gmail.com> wrote:
Works like a charm on 4 devices including firetv.

Tom Lejeune

Mar 23, 2016, 3:54:38 AM3/23/16
to Tasker
Dag Maarten,

did you recently update the plugin app?  i can't get it to work anymore.  If I want to create a task and choose plugin harmony ultimate tasker, it freezes when I choose what kind of action I want (first screen when clicking on "configure").

could you post a link to the previous version of your app? I put a lot of effort in creating an automated system (which thanks to your app was an awesome thing, When I arrive home, everything turns on, dashboard cast app starts up on my chromecast, music starts playing and I receive my calendar and news updates on my TV, i truely rocks)

thanks for hearing your users!

Best regards,

Tom

Svetlozar Simeonov

Mar 23, 2016, 7:25:10 AM3/23/16
to Tom Lejeune
App hasn't been updated since May 2015. If you read the comments above, you can find I guide I posted how to control the hub without this plug in. It's not as easy but it works.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
Mar 23, 2016, 9:06:03 AM3/23/16
to tas...@googlegroups.com
so why did it suddenly stopped working?  such a shame !!!

Svetcom svetcom

Mar 23, 2016, 9:11:19 AM3/23/16
to Tasker
Mine still works, although it's barely usable. Galaxy S7 Marshmallow and Moto X Lollipop. It's probably something in your phone that caused it to stop. It could be a network related issue as well - make sure the hub is ping-able from your device.

Tom Lejeune

Mar 24, 2016, 4:42:10 AM3/24/16
to tas...@googlegroups.com

Ok, I was trying to create task when I was not on my Home network... That's why it crashed...

Thanks guys!!

Tim Forsyth

Mar 28, 2016, 3:43:43 PM3/28/16
to Tasker
Hi,

I wanted a way to control my harmony hub from my android watch. Having read numerous problems with the tasker plugin, I avoided it altogether and started writing my own app.

The result of this is I've developed a stable client for talking to the harmony hub.

Having read this thread, i am thinking about making my own tasker plug in if the author of this plugin doesn't make any updates.

If people are keen on getting things running again, can I ask, are there features you wish this plugin had ? Is there anything you hope it could do better?

In the meantime though, if you have an android wear watch, take a look at the app I published yesterday, it's only a free edition and is only v1.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.squidge.harmonywear&hl=en_GB

I'm considering extending this to control the hub from the mobile app too.

Tim.

Mefistofelis

Mar 29, 2016, 4:45:06 AM3/29/16
to Tasker
We would be more than interested in your plugin, useful would be to be able to start activities from tasker in my opinion.let us know if we could help in any way

cramu

Mar 29, 2016, 5:24:04 AM3/29/16
to Tasker
Would be useful to have a way to query the state of certain devices from the hub.
Message has been deleted

Andy F

Mar 30, 2016, 9:23:42 AM3/30/16
to Tasker
please do it!!
like cramu said: query the state of devices and activities running would be very useful.
are you on xda? those google groups are not very clearly arranged.

Svetcom svetcom

Mar 30, 2016, 9:27:24 AM3/30/16
to Tasker
You can probably query that, but it would not be reliable. IR is one way communication. If your wife turns off the TV, your child unplugs the power cord and etc, there is no way the Logitech would know if the TV is On or Off.

Tim Forsyth

Apr 1, 2016, 10:00:18 AM4/1/16
to Tasker
I'll start having a look at the Tasker plugin documentation then.... It's going to take a little while as I'm doing this in my spare time.

Will update you when I figure out where I'm headed!.

Andy F

Apr 1, 2016, 7:41:00 PM4/1/16
to Tasker
awesome! i have no wear device but your other app looks very promising, so i can't wait to see this happening.

Andy F

May 1, 2016, 2:43:07 PM5/1/16
to Tasker
are you still working on this?

Tom Lejeune

May 2, 2016, 3:04:18 AM5/2/16
to tas...@googlegroups.com
you have an issue?  my problem was that I wasn't on the home network. it works fine now.

are you still working on this?

Mefistofelis

May 2, 2016, 5:13:58 PM5/2/16
to Tasker
Just wanted to let you know that Joao dias the creator of many tasker plugins such as Autoremote, has asked for access to the Harmony API.

Maybe you can get in touch with him, since he has much experience in making tasker plugins.

Just my 2 cent

Andy F

May 2, 2016, 6:37:27 PM5/2/16
to Tasker
tldr;
activities work, but individual device actions are sent out multiple times (because of a change in one of logitechs firmware updates)
developer abdoned the plugin, so tim forsyth decided to create his own.
it's been a month since his last post, so i'm asking if he's still working on it.

Andy F

May 2, 2016, 6:42:57 PM5/2/16
to Tasker
yeah that was me asking for it, but i don't think logitech will give it out for a tasker plugin. they want apps which are easier to use for their customers.
i'll talk to joao again when tim doesn't answer. maybe he'll make something like autoharmony.
Message has been deleted

Santiago Sevillano

May 11, 2016, 3:03:42 PM5/11/16
to Tasker
thank for you post SIMONBG, I already be at packet capture but dont see any harmony ultimate tsaker plugin, and when I go to tasker the harmony stopped. can you help me with this? thanks

Svetcom svetcom

May 11, 2016, 3:54:00 PM5/11/16
to Tasker
"the harmony stopped" - did you mean it force closed? A typical symptom of the Ultimate Harmony Tasker Plugin is to force close when there is no communication with the hub. Make sure you are connected to the same WiFi network as the hub.

Seeing the "UHTP" packets in Packet Captcher requires 2 things:
1. Starting the capture (Green play button on top right)
2. initiating an action via the UHTP

Example - start the packet capture, minimize app, open Tasker, go to your scene or action, send a command to Harmony hub via the UHTP. Go back to Packet Capture and hit Stop (not neccessary) and click on the latest log (on top). You should see packets from a few different applications. Open the one from UHTP.

Andy F

May 12, 2016, 2:08:51 PM5/12/16
to Tasker
good news everyone! joao dias got access to the api. he'll send me a test file soon.

Brian

May 20, 2016, 6:34:08 AM5/20/16
to Tasker
Will Joao having access to the api mean the future plug in will work away from home wifi? Via the Harmony cloud or whatever they call it? Being able to control harmony via tasker while on mobile data is my biggest request.

Andy F

May 20, 2016, 8:04:37 AM5/20/16
to Tasker
yes i think so.
donation account to get him a hub is open.
https://plus.google.com/+JoãoDias/posts/8wV4nQ5X5G3

Tim Forsyth

May 20, 2016, 11:04:53 AM5/20/16
to Tasker
Hi Andy,

Sorry to disappoint but home life has got in the way... I'm still keen to have a go at doing this (my wear app for Logitech Harmony is receiving good feedback and is reliable.. it includes the timestamp field that was causing issues with this plugin).

I'll maybe take a look this weekend as the weather is looking bad!

Tim.

Tim Forsyth

May 20, 2016, 11:06:57 AM5/20/16
to Tasker
oh, looks like someone else is going to...

Tim Forsyth

May 23, 2016, 4:45:22 PM5/23/16
to Tasker
Hi There,

I had a mess about last night making a tasker plugin using my Harmony library.

Tonight, I finished wiring together a bunch of code to set up/sync with the hub and let you pick an action for changing activities and sending commands.

Anyone fancy trying it, email me and I can send you over an APK.  I expect if this works out well it will go up on the app store as a purchase item, but it'll be cheap. ( < £1 )

It's early days, I've now got to figure out how conditions work (so I can expose the current running activity) and think about whether I should support multiple hubs.

Tim.

Svetcom svetcom

May 23, 2016, 5:04:58 PM5/23/16
to Tasker
You can send it to me, I am well aware of the original plugin issues so I can test well.

Tim Forsyth

May 23, 2016, 5:35:13 PM5/23/16
to Tasker
Just sent a PM, let me know if you received it.

thanks,
Tim.

Andy F

May 24, 2016, 3:47:59 PM5/24/16
to Tasker
wow that was unexpected.. now i feel a bit bad for not waiting, but i hope you understand that, because it's been a while since your last activity.

nevertheless i'd love to try your app.
would you mind sending me the apk too?

Tim Forsyth

May 25, 2016, 4:52:15 AM5/25/16
to Tasker
No worries, I'm doing this in my spare time (what I have of it!), so I was concentrating on getting my wear app.

Glad to help, I sent you a PM, let me know how you get on.

Tim.

Mefistofelis

May 25, 2016, 5:04:32 AM5/25/16
to Tasker
I would be glad to give it a try too

joaomgcd

May 25, 2016, 6:37:52 AM5/25/16
to Tasker
Tim I added the Harmony API to AutoWeb just now. Check it out: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+Jo%C3%A3oDias/posts/fQAQpVTbRnD

The Web API can't do direct device commands though. Are you using the reverse engineered protocol to do that? :)

Maybe I should not try to add those since you're going to do it?
Thanks in advance.

Tim Forsyth

May 25, 2016, 6:07:57 PM5/25/16
to Tasker
Nice! Question, how did you get access to the harmony API? I tried applying last year but never heard any response.

Yes, my app is using xmpp... There are various projects out on the web that detail the reverse engineering efforts.

It's quite straightforward but a bit clunky. It would have been nice to have had a restful API on the hub but it's only xmpp.

What my app has to do is extract the configuration from the hub and sync it to a database. This is a large amount of data, but it does include all the activities, the default command assignments for the activities and all the devices and their commands.

Once I've got that synced up, I have all the ids and command data ready to send at the hub on demand.

I'm just tidying up my plugin at the moment, functionally it's done as its sharing the code with my wear app.

With your plugin and mine out there, people will have a good number of options.

Tim.

João Dias

May 27, 2016, 5:59:22 AM5/27/16
to tas...@googlegroups.com
To get access I requested it and after a week or so they sent me an email saying that I got in :) Didn't have to do anything special really...
Thanks for letting me know about those details. Maybe it's not worth it for me to look into all that since you are already on it...
At least now we are going to have a version that works across the internet (AutoWeb with the REST API) and yours that supports all commands but only for the local network.

Thanks again

rons

May 31, 2016, 2:22:35 PM5/31/16
to Tasker
Hi, Tim - I'd love to try your app.

Tom Lejeune

Jun 5, 2016, 8:39:06 AM6/5/16
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tim, i'dd love to try the app.  i'll make sure to buy it when it's in the appstore as well.

thanks.

Tom

Tim Forsyth

Oct 5, 2016, 4:42:46 AM10/5/16
to Tasker
Hey Guys,

It has taken a while (sorry) but I have finally finished and released the new Tasker plugin for Harmony on Google Play.

Having kids means hardly any time to get things done, but I did take the time to add support for multiple hubs.

Let me know how you get on.

Tim.

Martin gigli

Oct 5, 2016, 8:08:56 AM10/5/16
to Tasker
i just nuy it, i have a lite problem connecting with my hub but now its working there is no emoji that reflect my joy. Thanks

Martin gigli

Oct 5, 2016, 8:10:34 AM10/5/16
to Tasker
i just nuy it, i have a lite problem connecting with my hub but now its working there is no emoji that reflect my joy. Thanks
Also, i question, how the conection works? only inside my network?

Martin gigli

Oct 5, 2016, 8:12:26 AM10/5/16
to Tasker
i just buy it, i have a lite problem connecting with my hub but now its working there is no emoji that reflect my joy. Thanks

Tim Forsyth

Oct 5, 2016, 6:46:34 PM10/5/16
to Tasker
Hey there, yes it needs a local wifi connection to work as it talks xmpp directly to the hub.

Martin gigli

Oct 14, 2016, 11:31:51 AM10/14/16
to Tasker
Hi tim after, somo days using the plugin, i'm having some troubles. Is there a way to obtain logs from your plugin?

Tim Forsyth

Oct 15, 2016, 4:08:51 PM10/15/16
to Tasker
Hey Martin,

What problems are you getting?

I have an XMPP debug log in the app, watch out, its a bit buggy, was put together without much care! (it crashed every second time you open it).

In order to unlock the debug option, open the app from launcher, go to "About" and hit the CHUNKYBACON logo about 30 times.

You won't get any feedback at all, but after doing this, quit the app and re-open, you should have a debug option.

In here, there's "SHOW HARMONY CLIENT LOGS", open this, task switch back to Tasker, run the command you're having problems with and task switch back, you should see the XMPP responses from the hub.

Hope that helps in some way.

Tim Forsyth

Oct 15, 2016, 4:35:10 PM10/15/16
to Tasker
Oh and by the way, if anyone has any questions or problems, please get in touch at my email directly as you'll get a faster reply.

Thanks.

Tim Forsyth

Nov 18, 2016, 6:19:39 AM11/18/16
to Tasker
Hi All,

There is a serious issue.

Logitech's authentication service is now returning NULL when requesting a token.

This will impact everyone.

The plugin caches this Token for a week, as I found it is valid for a long period of time.

To workaround this issue, I have just pushed an update out that :

1) Never expires this token
2) Exposes this token in settings so you can take a copy and keep it safe.

I will try to get some information from Logitech, this is an unpublished API and I hope this is just a glitch at their end.

To anybody else out there that uses the javascript harmony (swissmanu), pyharmony, openhab or other logitech harmony plugins, be aware that logitech just (hopefully temporarily) broke everything :(

Will update when I find out more.

Thanks,
Tim.

Tim Forsyth

Nov 18, 2016, 6:20:58 AM11/18/16
to Tasker
I should also say that you can only work around this if you have already set the tasker plugin up.

If you are a new user there's nothing that I can do at present until I can get an answer from Logitech or find some kind of other workaround.

Tim.

Martin gigli

Nov 18, 2016, 6:37:24 AM11/18/16
to tas...@googlegroups.com
for the last 3 day the app became unsuable,, it crash for everything, If i tried to use from tasker, if i open. I alreadey send through several craash reports. I will tried to reinstall it. any advice?

Svetlozar Simeonov

Nov 18, 2016, 6:45:48 AM11/18/16
to Tim Forsyth
2 devices same Logitech account, one backed up the token successfully and works.

On the other one, the token is empty but plugin still works. Am I safe? If not, what can I do?

May be interesting to note that 2nd device was giving me force close when used through Tasker yesterday - I found out that the default hub was triplicated (3 entries, same name and settings)‎. Deleted 2 of them and was good again.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
Nov 18, 2016, 6:51:10 AM11/18/16
to Martin gigli
Martin,
Check the "Manage HUB" from the plugin. See if you have hubs with duplicated name. Delete the duplicates. That did it for me.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
Nov 18, 2016, 7:43:44 AM11/18/16
to Tasker

Based on what Tim said, since you uninstall the app - it will not work for you until he finds a solution.

Try to make titanium back ups of apps before uninstall/update.

Martin gigli

Nov 18, 2016, 7:47:24 AM11/18/16
to tas...@googlegroups.com
it wasn't working by far sevel days ago.

Tim Forsyth

Nov 18, 2016, 4:15:41 PM11/18/16
to Tasker
The API broke yesterday.

The app expires the token every 7 days, just in case there was some expiry time stamp in there or something. Probably unlikely as the token looks like a sha386 hash.

So I expect that's why it has been working until recently.

Good news I hope, swissmanu the author of the JavaScript plugin has been using an authentication method that doesn't require an auth token, or your Logitech account... I've tested it tonight and it works.

I'll,push out a fix asap.

There is some chatter in the Domoticz forums about someone having access to an API that works but is not public, I'm dubious, the fix is based on code from 2 yeas ago. So it appears like that will be a good solution.

I also reported is to the Logitech API team, it's a long shot but maybe they might fix sometime.

Tim.

Martin gigli

Nov 18, 2016, 4:32:31 PM11/18/16
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the good news

Tim.

Tim Forsyth

Nov 18, 2016, 4:55:13 PM11/18/16
to Tasker
All fixed!

I've just pushed out a quick update, it should land on your local play store in the next few hours.

This is a quick patch and as such still requires you to enter your logitech login details even though it doens't use them

I've just made the necessary changes to my harmony library but not yet ripped out all the front end code.  I'll do this in a separate release.

Let me know if you get any issues.

Phew! it was a stressful morning when I found out it was all broken.

Tim.

On Friday, November 18, 2016 at 9:32:31 PM UTC, Martin gigli wrote:
Thanks for the good news
The API broke yesterday.

The app expires the token every 7 days, just in case there was some expiry time stamp in there or something.  Probably unlikely as the token looks like a sha386 hash.

So I expect that's why it has been working until recently.

Good news I hope, swissmanu the author of the JavaScript plugin has been using an authentication method that doesn't require an auth token, or your Logitech account...  I've tested it tonight and it works.

I'll,push out a fix asap.

There is some chatter in the Domoticz forums about someone having access to an API that works but is not public, I'm dubious, the fix is based on code from 2 yeas ago. So it appears like that will be a good solution.

I also reported is to the Logitech API team, it's a long shot but maybe they might fix sometime.

Tim.

It is loading more messages.