Fake alarms set by tasker / active profiles

Francesco Lotti

Feb 9, 2016, 2:41:31 AM2/9/16
to Tasker
Hi, I'm having a strange issue with tasker.
It sets random system clock alarms.
I.e: now I have a fake alarm time set at 8:50am as I can see pulling down the status bar, whereas my real clock alarm is set at 10:00am.
By fake I mean that it doesn't fire any audible alarm, it is just displayed as next clock alarm.
If I disable tasker the fake alarm is gone and on the status bar I can finally see the real next clock alarm.
Even more strange it seems that sometimes entering/leaving profiles skews the fake alarm some minutes/hours back or forth.

I already reinstalled tasker but it started to expose this strange issue with only one active test profile.

My phone is an unlocked moto X xt1052 stock rom with xposed framework installed but actually disabled.
How to get rid of this issue?
Any advice?
Thanks
Goo

Pent

Feb 9, 2016, 2:49:34 AM2/9/16
to Tasker
What is Menu / Prefs / Monitor / Use Reliable Alarms set to ?

Which Android version on your phone ? Custom ROM ?

Pent

Francesco Lotti

Feb 9, 2016, 1:49:36 PM2/9/16
to Tasker
I have lollipop 5.1 stock rom. I had reliable alarms always on. Reverting this setting to "never" solved the problem!
I can live without reliable alarms.. or are they mandatory for some use case?

Pent

Feb 10, 2016, 2:53:42 AM2/10/16
to Tasker

I have lollipop 5.1 stock rom. I had reliable alarms always on. Reverting this setting to "never" solved the problem!
I can live without reliable alarms.. or are they mandatory for some use case?

If you find Tasker being unreliable for something, try setting this pref to 'When Off', might get you the
best of both worlds.

Pent

Brian Wilson

Feb 12, 2016, 1:37:30 PM2/12/16
to Tasker
I've had the same issue, though I didn't connect it to Tasker until I saw this post. Changing to 'when off' appears to have resolved it. Thanks!