Error on Destroying Scene Contining a Map

Matt

Mar 8, 2018, 9:43:38 AM3/8/18
to Tasker
Randomly I am now getting an error whenever I destroy (using the destroy scene action) a scene that contains a map element.

I have a profile that shown my journey to and from work every morning / evening, this worked fine yesterday evening but this morning I got the error attached (the scene does close but the error pops up straight afterwards).

As far as I know neither Tasker nor Google maps have been updated between it working yesterday and not working today... I'm also running Android 8 and the latest Google Play version of Tasker.

I have tried to create a new test scene and rebooting my phone but am still getting an error, anyone else seeing this?

MattV
Screenshot_20180308-132842.png

Nihilism

Mar 8, 2018, 11:17:23 AM3/8/18
to Tasker
Same here. If I turn off the Continue After Error in the action I get:

11.15.00/SM destroyScene: vis: false hideIfVis: true
11.15.00/SM call onDestroy
11.15.00/Scene ParkedLocations: onDestroy
11.15.00/Scene ParkedLocations: onDestroy done
11.15.00/SEM doMapActivityOp: Map1: op Destroy
11.15.00/MMV doActivityOp: Destroy
11.15.00/E code 3: com.google.maps.api.android.lib6.common.apiexception.c: Not on the main thread.
11.15.00/E prefsException/Destroy Scene: Not on the main thread
11.15.00/ com.google.maps.api.android.lib6.common.j.b(com.google.android.gms.DynamiteModulesB@12218438@12.2.18 (438-186640880):11)
11.15.00/ com.google.maps.api.android.lib6.common.o.a(com.google.android.gms.DynamiteModulesB@12218438@12.2.18 (438-186640880):5)
11.15.00/ com.google.maps.api.android.lib6.impl.v.a(com.google.android.gms.DynamiteModulesB@12218438@12.2.18 (438-186640880):28)
11.15.00/ com.google.maps.api.android.lib6.impl.bc.q(com.google.android.gms.DynamiteModulesB@12218438@12.2.18 (438-186640880):297)
11.15.00/ com.google.maps.api.android.lib6.impl.cz.d(com.google.android.gms.DynamiteModulesB@12218438@12.2.18 (438-186640880):25)
11.15.00/ com.google.android.gms.maps.internal.w.onTransact(com.google.android.gms.DynamiteModulesB@12218438@12.2.18 (438-186640880):21)
11.15.00/E Destroy Scene [ Name:ParkedLocations ]
11.15.00/E result: stop task (error)
11.15.00/E Error: 1
11.15.00/MacroEdit action finished exeID 1 action no 25 code 49 status: Err next 25

I have no idea what "Not on the main thread" refers to.

Nihilism

Mar 8, 2018, 11:34:57 AM3/8/18
to Tasker
(Couldn't edit previous message.) I checked and Google Play Services, Google Calendar and Google+ updated yesterday if that's relevant.

Huitre Ahurie

Mar 15, 2018, 2:23:00 PM3/15/18
to Tasker
Hello,
I have exact that same problem ( after i rebooted op5)
My task consist on adding geomarkers on a map.
my google apps have been updated yesterday , now i get this same error.

Victor Olugbemiro

Mar 17, 2018, 9:40:22 PM3/17/18
to Tasker
My work around was to destroy the map element before I destroy the scene, that send to get rid of the error message

Matt

Mar 21, 2018, 12:09:54 PM3/21/18
to Tasker
Hmm that doesn't seem to have worked for me, I've added a wait between the element and scene destroy tasks too..

MattV

Joe Ba

Apr 4, 2018, 10:06:44 AM4/4/18
to Tasker
I have the same error. The suggested work-around below does not work for me.