Making phone silent when there is a calendar entry on Marshmallow

Udaya DeSilva

Jun 22, 2016, 11:09:21 AM6/22/16
to Tasker
I have had a Tasker program setup to make my phone silent when I have a calendar entry for years. I recently upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy S7 on Android 6 (Marshmallow) and I cannot get this task to work. Marshmallow do not allow the silent function but has a "do not disturb" function that does the same thing (even better options). The problem seems to be that Tasker is not recognizing that I have a calendar entry. I tried adding all calendars I have to the entry to no avail.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Pent

Jun 22, 2016, 11:34:01 AM6/22/16
to Tasker
> Tasker is not recognizing that I have a calendar entry. I tried adding all calendars I have to the entry to no avail.

I just tested it on an S7 (Marshmallow) with an entry in the SPlanner app, worked OK.

Try leaving the calendars field blank first.

Try testing with display on first too.

Pent

Udaya DeSilva

Jun 22, 2016, 4:03:47 PM6/22/16
to Tasker
Pent - I tried with the calendar field blank and with the display on. Doesn't work. The DND task part works fine with couple of other tasks I have. This must be with the calendar entry not being recognized. I have set it up with availability set to no. I wonder whether this has anything to do with the calendar being an Outlook Exchange Server account.
Thanks.

Udaya

Pent

Jun 23, 2016, 2:20:28 AM6/23/16
to Tasker
Try creating a new profile for testing and don't change anything in the calender entry state.
Use only action Flash in the new task.

Pent