Date picker in a scene

Richard Wallace

Jun 28, 2015, 7:23:01 AM6/28/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I've searched high and wide and cannot find a good solution for this.
The final touches to a lot of my scenes would be a good looking and functional date picker.

Currently I'm using a rather clunky and cumbersome self made scene with multiple elements... It's not nice.

If have thought it was possible via JavaScript, bit I'm struggling.

Had anyone found a good solution?

Rich D

Jun 28, 2015, 9:00:23 AM6/28/15
to Tasker Google Groups Post

On Jun 28, 2015 7:23 AM, "Richard Wallace" <richiew...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> I've searched high and wide and cannot find a good solution for this.

Did you find the posts on this group? I have seen at least 2 with working date pickers using web view element.

Richard Wallace

Jun 28, 2015, 9:07:20 AM6/28/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Couldn't find anything RichD.
I searched and searched again!
If you have a link to hand that'd be great

Rich D

Jun 28, 2015, 9:40:28 AM6/28/15
to Tasker Google Groups Post

> Couldn't find anything RichD.
> I searched and searched again!
> If you have a link to hand that'd be great

This one looks promising..

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/tasker/3b0tBCXW9JI

Richard Blackmore

Jun 28, 2015, 12:05:29 PM6/28/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I've use a webview and the jquery date picker to make a date select,

Richard Wallace

Jun 28, 2015, 12:59:00 PM6/28/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I've tried all the code in the linked topic bit none work.

Any chance of an xml or description.

EW

Jun 29, 2015, 3:09:39 PM6/29/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I saw that you tried the code in the linked topic (which was started by me).  I am wondering if the html5 date picker is version/device dependent.   I am running CM12.1 on a Samsung S5.  I don't know if the installed browser would have anything to do with it, but I have Opera Browser installed.

Richard Wallace

Jun 29, 2015, 4:03:12 PM6/29/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I'm running stock 5.0.2 on LG D802 international
Would you be so kind as to post the xml you're using?

Richard Wallace

Jul 2, 2015, 12:42:06 PM7/2/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I'm still not having much success here...any help?

EW

Jul 2, 2015, 5:15:24 PM7/2/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for the delay, the notification of your post was eaten by my spam folder.

I have attached 2 xml files.  I use this as a part of a project that disables the lockscreen based upon a bunch of stuff.  One of my options is - I can set a variable until a future time - and a profile goes active until %TIMES is greater than the variable.  The attached task and scene is how the time gets entered.

Note, this is a date/time picker, but the date only picker is about the same thing.

Also, my task uses the getformatted date task as a subroutine.  You should be able to find it on the wiki.  Note that I modified the getformatted date for some things that I like better (month = 7 instead of 07), - not sure if this task uses the things that I modified.  If you get any strange results, you may need to adjust the calling parameters for that routine.

Also, I destroy and re-show the scene - to refresh the initial value that goes into the date picker.  I would like a more elegant way of doing that, but couldn't get anything else to work.

Please note that I am not a developer - hence what I do may not be the most elegant, but it seems to work for me.

Good luck and if you see anything that I can do better - I would welcome the suggestion.

Let me know how it works out.
Lockscreen_Disable_Until.scn.xml
Lockscreen_Disable_Until_Later.tsk.xml

Richard Wallace

Jul 6, 2015, 10:40:28 AM7/6/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Thanks that's exactly what I was aiming for.
Just need to figure out how to adapt it for just a date picker and pass the result back to a tasker variable.

francwalter

Sep 19, 2017, 4:08:58 AM9/19/17
to Tasker
Task doesn't exist: getFormattedDate.

Rich D

Sep 19, 2017, 4:35:30 AM9/19/17
to Tasker Google Groups Post

Task doesn't exist: getFormattedDate.

Google          getFormattedDate

francwalter

Feb 6, 2018, 4:02:03 AM2/6/18
to Tasker

Yes, this works. But only the getFormattedDate.tsk(2).xml (under Files), the original is not working in Tasker 5.
And what is "Libraries 45" in this Task?
By the way, is there any list of all these export/import code numbers?
This must be hardcoded I guess, but where is that documented?

Thank
frank

Rich D

Feb 6, 2018, 4:55:52 AM2/6/18
to Tasker Google Groups Post

Yes, this works. But only the getFormattedDate.tsk(2).xml (under Files), the original is not working in Tasker 5.

Is there a issue with  'getFormattedDate.tsk(2).xml'    ??

And what is "Libraries 45" in this Task?

Google javascript libraries.  I am not sure but this almost looks like a mistake. Most libraries have regular names and 45 is the same amount of seconds the action is set to time out. I do not use this task but you could try it without the library 45 and see if it still works.

By the way, is there any list of all these export/import code numbers?

What code number are you referring to?

If I need a  specific date format I will always just use a shell action to get it. The details are here..