Auto-transfer photos to Nas drive

Ian Tiffenberg

Oct 5, 2017, 4:15:49 PM10/5/17
to Tasker
Is it possible to use Tasker, so that once a photo is taken it automatically transfers (backsup) to my NAS drive? On Android S7 Edge.

Have Photosync app, however, the auto-transfer feature rarely works and therefore requires manual intervention, which is self-defeating.

Cheers

Ian Tiffenberg

Oct 6, 2017, 12:38:53 PM10/6/17
to Tasker
Anyone able to assist, please?

nanobrain

Oct 6, 2017, 2:08:42 PM10/6/17
to Tasker
Not sure this will work, but have you tried FolderSync (which does have a Tasker plugin)? Next to a variety of cloud services, it also allows syncing via (S)FTP or SMB.

On Friday, October 6, 2017 at 12:38:53 PM UTC-4, Ian Tiffenberg wrote:
Anyone able to assist, please?

Ian Tiffenberg

Oct 7, 2017, 6:27:50 AM10/7/17
to Tasker
Thanks. Part tried it. I think it may work even with Lite version of Foldersync, as Tasker will start the sync when the folder is modified. Only question is over the folder naming/creation as it seems to create duplicate folders with timestamps despite selecting option to only add new photo.

Cheers

Ian Tiffenberg

Oct 7, 2017, 7:45:24 AM10/7/17
to Tasker
Actually the Task to check when file is modified is not running. Any ideas?

Ian Tiffenberg

Oct 7, 2017, 8:44:32 AM10/7/17
to Tasker
Ok, so it's a modification to the 'file' and not the folder! Is there a way to achieve this? So a mod to a folder ie a new photo, then the task to copy ia run.

Filip Van Schoor

Oct 11, 2017, 6:36:36 AM10/11/17
to Tasker
I know this still isn't an answer on how to do this with Tasker, but if the nas is made by Synology, their DS File app also has an option to automatically sync photos.

Ian Tiffenberg

Oct 14, 2017, 12:27:18 PM10/14/17
to Tasker
WD nas. They stopped the photo transfer app. Have Photosync which is very good, great UI, but unfortunately the auto-transfer feature is hit and miss on my phone for some reason.

Setup Tasker to do it, but it is also hit and miss. Only works when toggling wifi when already connected to it. Want it to auto-transfer when out and when it connects to wifi when i get home (or any wifi) that auto-transfer begins. Or if already connected to wifi it should auto-transfer.

Scott Miller

Oct 14, 2017, 5:17:08 PM10/14/17
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Foldersync, already mentioned, functions both as a Tasker plugin and as a standalone app. It has the ability to monitor for file changes and automatically sync. And you can tell it to sync over mobile data or not. May be the best choice, as long as it can get to your NAS when outside your home network.

Scott